• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they go
Offencive line ...in first round ..Andre dillard..LT..wash state is the guy

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaylan fergeson DE la tech..someone said
All time sack leader..in D1== ncaa
So I watched so youtube film

So I will change my draft to
Zack Allen DE..boston collage...and put him at LDE..or were the TE is

Then trade for a low 2 round or high 3rd round to get
Fergeson for...RDE
Then the Seahawks could still move Clark
Around for even more pressure

Then use the Seahawks #3rd round pick
On miles boykin...WR..notre dame

Then # 4 Renell wren..dt arizona state...if he is still there

There are not a lot of picks after that
So fire away with some secondary guys
And maybe a nickel guy

Boom...revamped D line
And a 6=4wr who can jump ...and run a 4.7..to4.2..40

I like you. Welcome aboard

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is scutterbug ( I think I spelt it right) going around that Jordy Nelson is planning on visiting the Seahawks.

Would be a nice Rotation piece if he signs

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks..i usually post on the mariners
And ncaa potential prospects for them

And an ulmax opinion on them ( the mariners)
But I have always been a Seahawks fan sense they started..in they70,s..lol

Jordy Nelson would be ok
but cuz i like a fb who can go down into
A te..and block or catch
So he will be in motion at times..going from pro set to single back...to confuse
The defence

So I still like miles Boykin as well
As aposed to a traditional TE
..as Walter foosball has.
As the hawkes first pick

And..LT brown already has 12 years in
That is a good case to be made for drafting a LT

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont really think an over priced te
Is what the Seahawks need..4 to 6 catches
A game for a TE is a lot....and for a running team as well

Notre dames offence is a lot like the seahawks...only worse in some parts of it

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks..i usually post on the mariners
And ncaa potential prospects for them

And an ulmax opinion on them ( the mariners)
But I have always been a Seahawks fan sense they started..in they70,s..lol

Jordy Nelson would be ok
but cuz i like a fb who can go down into
A te..and block or catch
So he will be in motion at times..going from pro set to single back...to confuse
The defence

So I still like miles Boykin as well
As aposed to a traditional TE
..as Walter foosball has.
As the hawkes first pick

And..LT brown already has 12 years in
That is a good case to be made for drafting a LT

Boykin is the guy that you put the ball near it will be caught. Not my favorite ND WR, because the other starting WR is a BC boy from the mainland, but still found him reliable.

Good point on the LT. I'm a wait till later rounds to draft the "???? of the Future " guy.

I'm leaning towards the FS outta Delware in the 1st

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah ok then...i change my mind to Zack
Allen Boston collage
Which could move Clark to the other side...or not

I'm ok with Pete getting lower lvl saftys..cuz
He is the coach..and a secondary caoch as well

He made the first
leagon of boom
.he will make another
Second leagon of boom

Just a followup, my post kinda needed an 'all things being equal' proviso. D liineman are going to be hard to find where we draft, so the best pick might indeed be something like a safety or a really top notch guard.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely feel the O can be better this coming season, especially if Moore takes another step (he faded at the end of '18 but still think he is on the upswing), Dissly is g2g, Baldwin comes in 100%, etc.

I have placed decreasing value on the WR position as I've become older, especially in the salary cap era. Line up the top 10 highest paid WRs and tally up the SBs, and you'll see why. I just don't think they really help you win (the big money guys), at least relative to a handful of other positions. And that's not to say I wasn't excited about the trades for Percy Harvin and Jimmy Graham, but those are 2 pretty good examples why moves that like that are a bad idea. Harvin actually seemed for a minute like it was going to work, but we would have been much better off as we were. And even though Graham was actually pretty productive here and worked out better (my opinion) than most people think, it still was a move that pulled us away from our 2012/13 identity on offense....and we probably would have been better off not making that trade. I just don't think you need to pay big money or use top picks on WRs if you have a truly elite QB. Maybe you do if you have Andy Dalton, but RW is good enough to win with a generally average group of targets.

Good points. With the WR position, I'm just mostly concerned about depth. In an age where a 3 WR set is relatively common, I just think it's prudent to have depth due to formation requirements and in the case of injuries.

When I listed WR as the 5th need for the team, I wasn't advocating an early round pick or a big splash in free agency. It was more of a depth thing. Hawks seem to be pretty set at most other positions. I do really like the idea of Jermaine Kearse though. He has good chemistry with Wilson and the Hawks seem to thrive the best with WRs who are able to have a good feel for coming back to the ball when Russell Wilson scrambles.

Kind of a tangent, but I think one of the reasons the Seahawks offense/run game was so successful last season is because with teams moving more towards building a defense that stops the run, that gives the Seahawks a big personnel advantage when they're running these heavy sets against teams that are deploying defensive players whose skill sets are more oriented towards pass rushing/coverage.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points. With the WR position, I'm just mostly concerned about depth. In an age where a 3 WR set is relatively common, I just think it's prudent to have depth due to formation requirements and in the case of injuries.

When I listed WR as the 5th need for the team, I wasn't advocating an early round pick or a big splash in free agency. It was more of a depth thing. Hawks seem to be pretty set at most other positions. I do really like the idea of Jermaine Kearse though. He has good chemistry with Wilson and the Hawks seem to thrive the best with WRs who are able to have a good feel for coming back to the ball when Russell Wilson scrambles.

Kind of a tangent, but I think one of the reasons the Seahawks offense/run game was so successful last season is because with teams moving more towards building a defense that stops the run, that gives the Seahawks a big personnel advantage when they're running these heavy sets against teams that are deploying defensive players whose skill sets are more oriented towards pass rushing/coverage.

It is going back to that old school smashmouth football while teams are playing towards the new school west coast offense.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

More depth at WR comes at the cost of depth somewhere else in the salary cap era. And for me, I don't think WR is an important enough position to take risk in other areas so we can improve the bottom of the WR depth chart. To me, it's the 180 opposite: I think you take risk at WR3/4/5 so you can strengthen other positions that I feel are more important to winning. Especially for this team, where we are totally cool throwing the ball 28 times a game and have one of the 5 best QBs on the planet.

It was just a general comment of mine, wasn't trying to say I thought you advocated an early pick on WR. (that has been offered by at least 1 or 2 other people here though, but minor point) A guy like Kearse for a depth move is something I could get behind because he'll probably be pretty cheap, in addition to the chemistry thing. Kearse would also probably be more open to a lesser role than when he was here before. Lots of reasons why a reunion with him makes good sense.

Assuming you meant pass there instead of run (bolded)? Yeah, could be. If that is a big reason why the run game bounced back, is there an expectation that we will not have that same type of advantage going forward? I think we probably should, as I doubt the rest of the league is going to change what they're doing on D just because of our offensive approach. Now we just have to hope the key to the whole thing wasn't JR Sweezy. Sort of kidding there, but it is at least a bit of a negative that we will have to work in a new starter on the OL just when it seemed like we got over the hump there.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have placed decreasing value on the WR position as I've become older, especially in the salary cap era. Line up the top 10 highest paid WRs and tally up the SBs, and you'll see why. I just don't think they really help you win (the big money guys), at least relative to a handful of other positions. And that's not to say I wasn't excited about the trades for Percy Harvin and Jimmy Graham, but those are 2 pretty good examples why moves that like that are a bad idea. Harvin actually seemed for a minute like it was going to work, but we would have been much better off as we were. And even though Graham was actually pretty productive here and worked out better (my opinion) than most people think, it still was a move that pulled us away from our 2012/13 identity on offense....and we probably would have been better off not making that trade. I just don't think you need to pay big money or use top picks on WRs if you have a truly elite QB. Maybe you do if you have Andy Dalton, but RW is good enough to win with a generally average group of targets.

Lets be fair, the Hawks have Baldwin who was a top 13 WR in 2017 out of the top 20 and Lockett who was in that top 20 list for the 2018 season ( And Tate was in the top 20 when he was here ). Remember people 3 receiver sets are pretty common place now so thats close to 96 WR getting starter playing time. Hawks have two WR in that list ( when healthy ) so yeah i can see why people say " meh not worth it" because they fail to connect Baldwin and Lockett with the elite when in fact their numbers point to just that.

Paying them now is another matter. We have seen many times that some middle of the pack WR's or Older past their prime WR's get big money for past glory. These are the ones you normally hear about. Or the ones on teams that they are the only star and not because they can't afford to pay other people either, it's just Rare to find those top 20 guys in the NFL. Hawks have 2 but Baldwin may never be the same and it's a bad sign that this started happen as 30 hit. Hawks need to find depth because Lockett is one big hit away from being out ( dude is tiny ) and Baldwin is a great player but it looks like ( i hope i am wrong) the beginning of the end for him.

I always think of what if. Like What if Tate stayed in his own bed and the Hawks had Baldwin, Lockett and Tate. Smaller WR's but they each have their own special unique skill set. Tate was fast but also Shifty like a RB with hands made of glue, Guy caught everything it seemed thrown at him. Badlwin is shifty and smart, he is not very fast but can run his routes so crisp no one can stick to him for very long before They are stumbling all over themselves. Lockett, well he is more quick than fast. He takes one step and he is at top speed, or makes one cut and is back at top speed. People who are striders have and do catch Lockett but there is no denying this kid puts CB in a blender when they try and cover him not to mention when the play breaks down he is almost always wide the fuck open!

With out all those WR's i mentioned i don't think we are talking about past superbowls.
I would love for the hawks to find another Sidney Rice WR to put out there.

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I will take jordy nelson..which puts
Miles Boykin out

And I will go with Andre Dillard LT..wash state
As a first round
So they would need to trade for a second round pick..and hope zack allen falls to there...
Then still pick up fergeson in the 3rd round

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny Shelton is a good run stopper..DT...he is a free agent....
Clogs up the middle
He could still get better..maybe
He is from.. auburn..wash...and U W
I have been keeping track of him since he was recruited by UW

Idk maybe ok or maybe not...but he should
Have a super bowl ring..comming off of
New england...lol

Sense Seahawks do not have a lot of draft picks..they need more free agents

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk on the amount of money the Seahawks have to spend on free agents

But there are still enough..free agents
To help them

Note..im a bit behind on the Seahawks
I have been paying to much attention
To ncaa baseball...lololol

There can be no doubt
they need to secure A LT of the future(Dillard wash st would be ok to start with while they still have brown..cuz he could play guard as
Well)
They need to draft DE..one or two..for
Money reasons as well

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Safty is a prob with earl the pearl gone
To baltimore..there is Eric Barry.
But they Would really like to draft one

To bad so sad..maybe this year...or Pete
Can work some of his magic in the
Secondary

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk on the amount of money the Seahawks have to spend on free agents

But there are still enough..free agents
To help them

Note..im a bit behind on the Seahawks
I have been paying to much attention
To ncaa baseball...lololol

There can be no doubt
they need to secure A LT of the future(Dillard wash st would be ok to start with while they still have brown..cuz he could play guard as
Well)
They need to draft DE..one or two..for
Money reasons as well

There isn't much left. sportrac has them with $15 million left, but they don't have Mike Iupati, K.J. Wright or Mychal Kendricks added in, yet - and that could account for up to $13.5 million.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think anyone has talked about trading Clark for draft picks but..
they may
Want to think about it...
idk on what kind ofPicks they would get

A 1,2....??
B 1,3...??
C, 2,3...??

Well with not enough money then ..they should think even harder about trading
Clark

Last edited: