• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never understood why people blow their wad over this. Mahomes simply got to new Reid's more complex system, but in practice, he wasn't getting anywhere near the reps that the 1st string gets.
who "blew their wad"? The comment to which he replied made it clear Mahomes is the better player IMO. Probably a lot better.

It's a fact, though, that even though he didn't get many 1st team reps as a rookie, he did get some. He also had a year to learn the system and took over a playoff team (with that year of experience).

Baker took over an 0-16 team and had few if any first team reps as a rookie thrown into the fire in week 3.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that he thought Baker would be better than Mahomes. They are both very young qb's. So, by the end of their careers, we could be on here saying "Remember when we all thought Mahomes was better than Baker?"

It's the fact that, in typical Wiggy fashion, he couldn't just say "I think Baker will end up being better" and why. He has to post it like it's some kind of certainty and claim that Mahomes would be "a footnote".

Besides, everyone knows that Darnold is going to be better than both of them. :nod:

gotta go with the Trojan factor...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is something to be said for Mahomes being on an NFL roster while Mayfield was still playing in college.

He had a year to learn the system, get to know his teammates and get at least a little experience with how much faster the game is in the NFL.

Having said that, after approximately 18 games started over the past 2 seasons, Baker looks like he'll be really good....

But Mahomes looks like he's going to be special.
no disagreement.

As I said earlier I think, hopefully both make people realize B12 QBs can be looked at like any other college QB.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, yeah, that WAS definitely a factor...

and even though i think the Jets D isn't horrificly bad them being badly depleted at QB had a lot to do with the outcome...

honestly, i turned the game off midway through the 3rd quarter...
I can't believe you made it that far not caring who won.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12 if you want sensitive and paranoid look no further than the above.

Did you skip over Baker joining an 0-16 team and not an established playoff team with more talent? Never mind Mahomes had a full year of practice and playing behind a vet like smith, and also spent last year's camp as the starter in practice. Baker had very few if any reps with the starters and still had possibly the best rookie season since Marino.

All that said, calm the nerves and relax. I believe Mahomes is better. He's probably a lot better than most QBs and has the looks of an elite QB. Perhaps an all-time great.

"sensitive and paranoid" because i stated FACTS...

lmfao do continue to try to make shit up...:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

shoulda just went with "i have no comeback for this"...which you CLEARLY don't...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"sensitive and paranoid" because i stated FACTS...

lmfao do continue to try to make shit up...:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

shoulda just went with "i have no comeback for this"...which you CLEARLY don't...
I do not think you were sensitive, nor paranoid. Offer goes out to you, as well, when you need help with comprehension. Told trojan if he thought I was sensitive/paranoid for also supporting my comments with facts he must think you are.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do put out the post where i said i cared about the outcome either way...

I'll wait...
You'll be waiting awhile.....you are losing it, my friend. That's what I said. You didn't care who won, so I cannot believe you watched as long as you did.

Apology accepted.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not think you were sensitive, nor paranoid. Offer goes out to you, as well, when you need help with comprehension. Told trojan if he thought I was sensitive/paranoid for also supporting my comments with facts he must think you are.

Except you didn't present facts, you presented an opinion that @bksballer89 made a post criticizing Mayfield because he is "One of the many who don't like him and go out of their way to criticize him" and that he "had an agenda".

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll be waiting awhile.....you are losing it, my friend. That's what I said. You didn't care who won, so I cannot believe you watched as long as you did.

Apology accepted.

my god you're an idiot...

well, there's 5 minutes i'll never get back...

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except you didn't present facts, you presented an opinion that @bksballer89 made a post criticizing Mayfield because he is "One of the many who don't like him and go out of their way to criticize him" and that he "had an agenda".

EXACTLY...

but nevermind having intelligent conversation with this friggin' grease monkey. I'll go back to ignoring his bullshit like before...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my god you're an idiot...

well, there's 5 minutes i'll never get back...
Yeah...wouldn't want you to just stay you made a mistake. Just curious as this one was so obvious if you did own up to a mistake you made what would happen? Must be severe the lengths you'd go to avoid it.

me - "I can't believe you made it that far NOT caring who won."
you - "find the post where I said I cared about the outcome."

I wish I was making this up.

save it @trojanfan12 ...I know, must be me.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was my comment you found paranoid/sensitive - "If he called Baker terrible but Rudolph solid he has an agenda. Really no way around it?"

That was factual....he did call Baker terrible and Rudolph solid. And the stats (or facts) do not support that analysis.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EXACTLY...

but nevermind having intelligent conversation with this friggin' grease monkey. I'll go back to ignoring his bullshit like before...
you actually flew off the handle wanting a comment I know you never made from a comment of mine that was pretty much ripping my own team (playing a game not worth watching to the casual fan).

Been a while, but ya gotta love this forum.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...wouldn't want you to just stay you made a mistake. Just curious as this one was so obvious if you did own up to a mistake you made what would happen? Must be severe the lengths you'd go to avoid it.

me - "I can't believe you made it that far NOT caring who won."
you - "find the post where I said I cared about the outcome."

I wish I was making this up.

save it @trojanfan12 ...I know, must be me.

lol

In this one instance, not you.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to think Mayfield was terrible and Rudolph was solid speaks to an agenda.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was my comment you found paranoid/sensitive - "If he called Baker terrible but Rudolph solid he has an agenda. Really no way around it?"

That was factual....he did call Baker terrible and Rudolph solid. And the stats (or facts) do not support that analysis.

Here's a clue...just because you think he has an agenda, doesn't make it a fact. It makes it your opinion.

I don't think he has an agenda, that is also an opinion, not a fact.

As always, if you need help with comprehension, or in this case, the difference between an opinion and a fact, just ask.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EXACTLY...

After that earlier exchange that would probably be wise of you.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a clue...just because you think he has an agenda, doesn't make it a fact. It makes it your opinion.

As always, if you need help with comprehension, or in this case, the difference between ans opinion and a fact, just ask.
Here's a clue...... an opinion can be wrong and proven so with facts/stats as was done in this case. At the very least one's opinion can be foolish.

Otherwise why all the angst for my saying Love is better than AD (never mind I never said it)? Just an opinion.

Promise if I ever say a guy was terrible who played like Baker and a guy was solid who played like Rudolph if anyone calls me on it I'll own up to the mistake.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As always, if you need help with comprehension, or in this case, the difference between an opinion and a fact, just ask.

in his own way he's as bad as WiggityWack because he presents his points of view with his homer goggles glued to his mug...:lol: