• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he did. as always, being a butthurt Cleveland fan went into his "evaluation process" like it always does...:heh:
To be fair he said this after Baker had just completed maybe the best rookie season for any QB since Marino...and he did it for a team that had just gone 0-16. Mahomes came in in year 2 and took over a playoff team after sitting a season.

I thought Mahomes would be the better QB, but not as crazy a notion as you are making it out to think it could be Baker.

If someone still thought this? That's another story.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My fantasy team is hoping Hill is out as long as possible.
Why rush him back until 100% if they continue to put up these types of numbers?
I do think a WR or 2 will step up most weeks for them, but I'd caution a little as a crapshoot to know who it will be each week.

I'm sure many rushed to get Watkins in week 2.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thoughts about "the next decade" 2 games in?
Just mentioned I don't think when you made your comment it was all that crazy as Baker did what he did with an 0-16 team as a rookie, and Mahomes took over a playoff team after sitting a season.

At this point (and yeah, still early) I'm confident Mahomes is the guy he looks like. No knock on our guy.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair he said this after Baker had just completed maybe the best rookie season for any QB since Marino...and he did it for a team that had just gone 0-16. Mahomes came in in year 2 and took over a playoff team after sitting a season.

I thought Mahomes would be the better QB, but not as crazy a notion as you are making it out to think it could be Baker.

If someone still thought this? That's another story.

1 year = 1 ACTUAL GAME more than Mayfield did in his rookie season. LOL PLEASE try to get that straight...

too many of you TRY to act like Mahomes had a whole year under his belt when in reality he held a friggin' clipboard for most of year one...

and let's ALSO not forget that while Mayfield was doing his "incredible rookie season" Mahomes was throwing for 50 TD's and over 5000 yards...

the TRUTH shall set you free...

crazy notion indeed. I didn't "make it out" to be anything. the numbers are there in front of you...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think a WR or 2 will step up most weeks for them, but I'd caution a little as a crapshoot to know who it will be each week.

I'm sure many rushed to get Watkins in week 2.
The Browns sure need some better continuity at WR too.

Callaway is suspended the first 4 games. Higgins was out with a suspension.

Baker and OBJ looked very good but had zero pre season snaps together and still have a lot of work to do chemistry wise.

Njoku is hurt.

They are definitely not a cohesive unit yet--- there were some signs of them getting there, but some disappointing signs as well.

I do think that the Browns will have a more diverse playbook and run some of the more interesting sets they had last year in this upcoming game.

the defense is starting to look very solid though. Garrett is a beast. I thought Schobert and Kirksey played great.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Baker and OBJ looked very good but had zero pre season snaps together and still have a lot of work to do chemistry wise.

Njoku is hurt.

They are definitely not a cohesive unit yet--- there were some signs of them getting there, but some disappointing signs as well.

I do think that the Browns will have a more diverse playbook and run some of the more interesting sets they had last year in this upcoming game.

the defense is starting to look very solid though. Garrett is a beast. I thought Schobert and Kirksey played great.

#excusesexcuses:rolleyes2:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 year = 1 ACTUAL GAME more than Mayfield did in his rookie season. LOL PLEASE try to get that straight...

too many of you TRY to act like Mahomes had a whole year under his belt when in reality he held a friggin' clipboard for most of year one...

and let's ALSO not forget that while Mayfield was doing his "incredible rookie season" Mahomes was throwing for 50 TD's and over 5000 yards...

crazy notion indeed. I didn't "make it out" to be anything. the numbers are there in front of you...

I never understood why people blow their wad over this. Mahomes simply got to new Reid's more complex system, but in practice, he wasn't getting anywhere near the reps that the 1st string gets.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never understood why people blow their wad over this. Mahomes simply got to new Reid's more complex system, but in practice, he wasn't getting anywhere near the reps that the 1st string gets.

There is something to be said for Mahomes being on an NFL roster while Mayfield was still playing in college.

He had a year to learn the system, get to know his teammates and get at least a little experience with how much faster the game is in the NFL.

Having said that, after approximately 18 games started over the past 2 seasons, Baker looks like he'll be really good....

But Mahomes looks like he's going to be special.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,171.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is something to be said for Mahomes being on an NFL roster while Mayfield was still playing in college.

He had a year to learn the system, get to know his teammates and get at least a little experience with how much faster the game is in the NFL.

Having said that, after approximately 18 games started over the past 2 seasons, Baker looks like he'll be really good....

But Mahomes looks like he's going to be special.

Kiondra being a Chiefs fan really grinds my gears....LOL.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,171.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Njoku is hurt.

The defense didn't look good week 1 and last week they played the Jets and were down to their 3rd string QB in Luke Falk....LOL.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@trojanfan12 if you want sensitive and paranoid look no further than the above.

Did you skip over Baker joining an 0-16 team and not an established playoff team with more talent? Never mind Mahomes had a full year of practice and playing behind a vet like smith, and also spent last year's camp as the starter in practice. Baker had very few if any reps with the starters and still had possibly the best rookie season since Marino.

All that said, calm the nerves and relax. I believe Mahomes is better. He's probably a lot better than most QBs and has the looks of an elite QB. Perhaps an all-time great.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not that he thought Baker would be better than Mahomes. They are both very young qb's. So, by the end of their careers, we could be on here saying "Remember when we all thought Mahomes was better than Baker?"

It's the fact that, in typical Wiggy fashion, he couldn't just say "I think Baker will end up being better" and why. He has to post it like it's some kind of certainty and claim that Mahomes would be "a footnote".

Besides, everyone knows that Darnold is going to be better than both of them. :nod:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Njoku is hurt.

Hoping you are right. A concern is Freddy coached like he had nothing to lose last year but is tighter now when he is the HC and more is on the line.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense didn't look good week 1 and last week they played the Jets and were down to their 3rd string QB in Luke Falk....LOL.

lol, yeah, that WAS definitely a factor...

and even though i think the Jets D isn't horrificly bad them being badly depleted at QB had a lot to do with the outcome...

honestly, i turned the game off midway through the 3rd quarter...