• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game was a good example of why I didn't buy into any of the hype.

Exactly. You don't go from perennial losers to Super Bowl contenders in the span of 2 years. It's a process. I'm sure Cleveland's on the right path though, just that there are going to be rough patches along the way. It could be worst, you could be the Dolphins.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The O-line was by biggest concern going into the season.

If you don't have an OL, it nullifies your QB and the skill position - which Cleveland is stacked on the latter.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't have an OL, it nullifies your QB and the skill position - which Cleveland is stacked on the latter.

But W-L record should always be the best reflection of how good a QB is....

SMH.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was offered Sammy Watkins for Antonio Brown in a fantasy football trade earlier today. Looking at what Watkins did today I should have took it.
no way. If re-offered just say no.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. You don't go from perennial losers to Super Bowl contenders in the span of 2 years. It's a process. I'm sure Cleveland's on the right path though, just that there are going to be rough patches along the way. It could be worst, you could be the Dolphins.
Guessing the Rams would like to say hello.

We were the Dolphins.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For any Browns fans that bought into the preseason hype it's gonna be a long season for them. Just because a team might look good on paper doesn't mean it will translate over to the field.

And I don't think it helped the offense that OBJ missed most (or all) of the preseason stuff. Mayfield & OBJ have no timing down right now.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For any Browns fans that bought into the preseason hype it's gonna be a long season for them. Just because a team might look good on paper doesn't mean it will translate over to the field.

And I don't think it helped the offense that OBJ missed most (or all) of the preseason stuff. Mayfield & OBJ have no timing down right now.

9-7 if they're lucky

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't imagine missing preseason helps, but didn't Wentz miss most or all of it? Mahomes? Brady?

Beckham caught 7 of 11 passes that went his way. Not exactly terrible.

An excuse, sure, but losing the LT and his replacement, then having to shuffle the RT out of position could not have helped matters. And, of course, the idea Tennessee is a very well coached team with a solid D should matter.

what happens next is all that matters. Can they regroup quickly? If not, could be a long season.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't imagine missing preseason helps, but didn't Wentz miss most or all of it? Mahomes? Brady?

These guys are vets and I actually believed Mahomes played in every preseason game.

This is a new group for the most part and even Baker/Landry only been there a year so the preseason reps would have been nice especially for OBJ but I'm not sure that's the reason they looked so flat. The Titans were always going to present a huge challenge

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These guys are vets and I actually believed Mahomes played in every preseason game.

This is a new group for the most part and even Baker/Landry only been there a year so the preseason reps would have been nice especially for OBJ but I'm not sure that's the reason they looked so flat. The Titans were always going to present a huge challenge
Yeah..if they gave me a vote I'd rather they play some, but they didn't ask me.

And I do think the Titans should be getting more credit than the Browns are blame. But I get it due to the hype