• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like Cooks that high, but that's just my opinion. Overall a solid team for 12-team league I think.

Me either, but he was best left
Its the same as ertz 3, cooks 4, really
They were 6 picks apart

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a little bit of a weird league.

its been going on for close to 10 years now.

you get to keep 1 guy from the previous season but you cant keep the same guy more than once.

I won the league last year, so i drafted 12th, but my keeper was McCaffrey.

When my turn came to draft at 12 and 13 i took cooper and allen....which i thought were mediocre values.

I actually kind of think duke johnson could be a very solid sleeper pick and a great RB2 since the Houston offense should be great, he is supremely motivated and he is a very good receiving back which means he will be on the field a lot---- that and the Texans really dont have any other viable running backs and Johnson has been very durable in his career

i took Chicago defense in the 9th round i think...which might not be great value, but i think that they will be easily a top 3 defense even if things go to shit, and they could easily be #1 by a solid margin.

I liked the value i got on the qbs...i waited and took wilson and fuller late- and i think together they will make a solid QB combo.

Will Fuller is explosive as hell but gets hurt- but when he plays he usually produces. He is good for am onster game or two a year- which is all i want out of a 4th wideout.

tyler eifert is healthy right now at least- and has the upside to be one of the best TE in the game- he always gets hurt but he is ultra talented.

i would take a sensible tight end --- but then take eifert near the end game of the draft as a guy to take a flier on.

I like Duke a lot too, but he was always a 3rd down sleeper for PPR leagues. I was in the middle of a draft when Miller tore his knee, and Duke didn't make it back to my pick (sniped one pick ahead of me lol). I'm not sure what his value is in drafts now (where his ADP is now?), but unless Houston adds another RB, he's finally got his chance.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think solar panels make a lot of sense in the right area......i like the idea of being self sufficient if shit hits the fan....but in Ohio or Washington? yah prob. notgonna work.

There is still sun there, solar will work. Even if it doesn't hit the fan, solar is still a good option. Unfortunately, my house doesn't have a south-facing roof (or much of a lot), so I don't have an ideal setup. Maybe if/when I move...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually did a mock earlier picking at 4 (10 teams) and made Hopkins, Kelce and Evans my first 3 picks. Ended up with Fournette and Carson as the RBs. Have to say that wouldn't bother me at all.

I don't think I could do it. My instinct would be to go RB/WR if not RB/RB (if you can start 2 RBs, of course). Not a fan of Fournette (not enough catches), but I do like Carson as an undervalued target in most drafts.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I could do it. My instinct would be to go RB/WR if not RB/RB (if you can start 2 RBs, of course). Not a fan of Fournette (not enough catches), but I do like Carson as an undervalued target in most drafts.
Even though it might make the most sense I don't think I'll pull the trigger at WR at 4.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

10 team isn’t near as challenging as 12 team, as far as drafts go.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know.
Ive mocked, got 2 stud wr, then still got decent rbs in rounds 3-4 when others are chasing wr

Do the guys in your league think that way though? There are at least a few in mine that I know will go RB heavy, including myself. 3 down RBs are an ever-shrinking group, have to grab them while you can (especially in PPR leagues).

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he and Heatles were young cats in their early 30's....didn't have him pegged as an old fogey like @mick7-1961.

I figured turnup was older than us (you're 47 too right?) by some of the stuff he's said when he lived in NE Ohio. Heatles though. Have no idea how old.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
December. 40 was the first age that bugged me a little. 50? Ugh.
I'll be 50 in March. 40 didn't bother me at all, in your 40s you can still believe you're "youngish". At 50 it's over you are middle aged.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured turnup was older than us (you're 47 too right?) by some of the stuff he's said when he lived in NE Ohio. Heatles though. Have no idea how old.
Seems like the regulars are all the same age except Wiggy...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the guys in your league think that way though? There are at least a few in mine that I know will go RB heavy, including myself. 3 down RBs are an ever-shrinking group, have to grab them while you can (especially in PPR leagues).
Yep..and I know how it will go. I'll risk it and take Zeke at 4 planning to take a WR with 2nd pick. wont be one I like with next pick and will take another RB and then hate my WRs.