• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty terrible the way it leaked during the game with Luck on the sidelines.

He deserves a lot better than to be booed by his home fans the day he makes a really difficult decision.

Luck has struggled with injuries, and now he wants to lead a normal life. Can’t blame the man for that.

Yeah. On the one hand, I get it that the timing of his decision sucks and looks bad.

But, imo, football is a sport where you have to be all in and 100% committed or you shouldn't play. It's too violent for someone to not be 100% committed. A player can get himself or someone else hurt.

Plus, folks are saying it's selfish on his part. Imo, it would be more selfish to stay with a team when he's not committed to the the sport. He'd basically be doing it for the paycheck, not his teammates.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me give you some advice. When you jump in to defend Laughlin when I called it a shithole and when you post the statement below, most people are going to assume that you like something about the town itself.

There's something wrong w/ you. I already told you what I liked about Laughlin. But you ignored it. I'll repeat it again for you. Maybe this time you'll pay attention.

It was a nice escape from crowded Vegas. I also told you yesterday I like the riverwalk along the Colordao River. No sure why you didn't understand that when I said it yesterday.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like he couldnt "stay sober" LOL
That was pure comedy. If I had that kind of lack of self control I'd have just not put my "sobriety" out there. He had to know he'd fall off the wagon.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because it would be hilarious to watch a severely declined Carmelo and Howard in LA on that team with the expectations and spot light they will have. It would be gloriously entertaining.

I think it might break the record for most eye-rolls after getting "fouled" and not hustling back on defense in the history of the NBA.
To be fair, even though still a superstar, Lebron will add to that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. On the one hand, I get it that the timing of his decision sucks and looks bad.

But, imo, football is a sport where you have to be all in and 100% committed or you shouldn't play. It's too violent for someone to not be 100% committed. A player can get himself or someone else hurt.

Plus, folks are saying it's selfish on his part. Imo, it would be more selfish to stay with a team when he's not committed to the the sport. He'd basically be doing it for the paycheck, not his teammates.

I am not blaming Luck.

And people calling him selfish are warped.

He is walking away from 100s of millions of future income and may have to repay something like 25 million in roster and signing bonuses.

The selfish thing would be to appear in enough games to cash in 1 more time and then turn into Sam Bradford and earn most of that money holding a clipboard.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a lot more to worry about the spelling/punctuation on a sports thread.
If you just made a spelling/punctuation error (as happens a lot here) I would not make a peep. Only pointed it out when you thought it was wise to be illiterate and call someone else a simpleton.

Any chance you can climb back on the wagon? Sadly, I don't hold out much hope for you.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets simplify.
I say Cavs dont make Finals next 5 years.
More successful was too wide open.
Now for him to win the Cavs must go to the Finals by year 6 in order to beat Miami who, at best, won 1 playoff series?

Not sure what is more comical. That you wrote that or that as I read further, there will be a few who stick up for you and rip him for not accepting that bet.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good analogy I wont take credit for as heard it from a friend was if he stayed it's almost like the married couple staying together for the kids. Often that is not a good situation.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,205.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
please Lakers...sign Carmelo...please....the humor level would be at just insane levels. It needs to happen.
The Cavs are gonna bring him in for veteran leadership. LOL.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs are gonna bring him in for veteran leadership. LOL.

Melo could tell those Cavs youngsters about that time he carried the Nuggets all the way to the WCF.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,205.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty terrible the way it leaked during the game with Luck on the sidelines.

He deserves a lot better than to be booed by his home fans the day he makes a really difficult decision.

Luck has struggled with injuries, and now he wants to lead a normal life. Can’t blame the man for that.
It wasn't just recent....he screwed his team around 2 weeks before the season and they have no viable replacement. Brissett is a backup. He could have retired after last season and they cld have found somebdy to replace him during FA.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't just recent....he screwed his team around 2 weeks before the season and they have no viable replacement. Brissett is a backup. He could have retired after last season and they cld have found somebdy to replace him during FA.
Yeah....so many starting caliber QBs hit the open market.

Brissett not a star but I have no doubt he is one of the top 32 QBs in the NFL.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you know @mick7-1961 has been to Ireland?
Shut the front door!!!!

tenor.gif

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not blaming Luck.

And people calling him selfish are warped.

He is walking away from 100s of millions of future income and may have to repay something like 25 million in roster and signing bonuses.

The selfish thing would be to appear in enough games to cash in 1 more time and then turn into Sam Bradford and earn most of that money holding a clipboard.