• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So happy for Kemba. Deserves to play with a winner and make some deep playoffs runs.

He'll be a much better teammate/leader than Kyrie was

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic still carries some weight with today's players, even though most have probably never seen him play, and Kawhi grew up in the LA area.

He never should have been in that executive role. Schmoozing FA's during meetings should have been his role all along.

This.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we get Kawhi, I really shouldn't complain about anything but this would irk me to no end. Rondo just isn't good. Can we please sign literally any other PG? We're still gonna need shooting even with Lebron/Kawhi/AD in this scenario, just find some cheap guy or old timer that can at least make a shot. I think I saw George Hill is a free agent. He'd be infinitely times better than Rondo. I'd take pretty much anyone else. Do not like him at all. One of the most overrated players of the last decade

Korver and JR Smith are likely headed to the Lakers to play off the bench and shoot 3's.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Kawhi to the Lakers thing is really starting to pick up steam. To the point where it almost seems as if the Lakers have already pretty much convinced Kawhi

Yep.

Think if they hadn't landed AD it wouldn't be anywhere near what it is now. But, adding AD to James.....may convince Leonard to sign....and he wouldn't need the spotlight on him....

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should spread their money out. Kawhi and Lebron both need the ball in their hands a lot. Not sure having them on the same team (especially since AD is there) is a great idea.

If I'm the Lakers, I would go after a solid PG and some quality role players (Bogy, Portis, and etc)

I agree. I do think they should spread out the money instead of blowing most of it on a guy like Jimmy or DLo

But if you have a shot at Kawhi, no matter how small it is, you gotta take it.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some quick hit news updates as I'm browsing with multiple windows open. I'm not linking to all the tweets/info. Just trust me its out there (I'm more reliable than Woj dammit!)

-Woj saying its pretty much a done deal that Kemba is going to Boston. Expect it to be done as soon as free agency opens.

-Kyrie to the Nets is still looking like its going to be done very quick

-Al Horford started following Jrue Holiday and Zion Williamson on Instagram this morning. Lol, I know it sounds silly but you gotta admit, its an interesting crumb of information. The Pelicans do have enough cap room to sign him

These next two are linked

-The Wolves, according to rival team sources, are very confident they can trade Andrew Wiggins this summer, likely in the next few days.

-D'Angelo Russell has set up a meeting with the Wolves. The reports say he wouldn't have done so unless he got insurances from Minny they could clear the cap to sign him. So it looks like the potential scenario here is Wiggins is getting traded to a unknown team at this time and Minny will then sign D'lo to pair with KAT (the two are close friends)

Horford would be nice fit on the Pels....

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should spread their money out. Kawhi and Lebron both need the ball in their hands a lot. Not sure having them on the same team (especially since AD is there) is a great idea.

If I'm the Lakers, I would go after a solid PG and some quality role players (Bogy, Portis, and etc)

No way.

Generally I might agree with that idea if we are talking about getting Kyrie or D’Lo or somebody like that.

But this is Kawhi Leonard. Currently the best player in the NBA. An elite perimeter defender who can guard anyone and who can also play effectively off the ball as he did for years in San Antonio.

If the Lakers have a chance to get Kawhi, they do it and don’t think twice.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way.

Generally I might agree with that idea if we are talking about getting Kyrie or D’Lo or somebody like that.

But this is Kawhi Leonard. Currently the best player in the NBA. An elite perimeter defender who can guard anyone and who can also play effectively off the ball as he did for years in San Antonio.

If the Lakers have a chance to get Kawhi, they do it and don’t think twice.

Plus, you then don't have to worry about playing against Kawhi. With KD out, 3 of the top 5 players in the league would be on the Lakers; KD would be out for the year, Steph in GS.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, you then don't have to worry about playing against Kawhi. With KD out, 3 of the top 5 players in the league would be on the Lakers; KD would be out for the year, Steph in GS.

yeah, things are kinda gonna be wide open next season imo, so why NOT take your best shot...?