• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Alibaba billionaire who owned half the Brooklyn Nets just bought out the remaining 51%...for $2.35 billion (valuing the Nets at over $4.6 billion)

So what does that make the marquee teams worth? Warriors gotta be around $6 billion with the new arena. They can afford plenty of luxury tax, @WiggyRuss

What you are valued at means nothing until someone steps up and pays that for it. I don’t see owners spending an extra penny because of what the team might be worth, it’s all about revenue.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah.

I’m worried.

Not sure what worries me more though:

The fact that our team got blown out by G leaguers, or the fact that Harrison Barnes and Brook Lopez are starting on our team.

Neither is exactly known for stepping up in big moments. I will take Kemba, Tucker and Mitchell all day though.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

You lack a sense of humor for thinking there was any seriousness to that comment to begin with. But don't go changing your ways, I like laughing at you. Yer special.

beep-beep

:shortbus:

Almost all the posts I read of yours is you trying to be funny and failing, maybe you should give up trying to be comedian because you suck at it even after dedicating your whole posting career to it.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you are valued at means nothing until someone steps up and pays that for it. I don’t see owners spending an extra penny because of what the team might be worth, it’s all about revenue.

OK I'm going to give you one troll-free response for you to recognize where you went way wrong here. But you only get one.

Someone just did step up and pay $4.6 billion for the Nets. If the Warriors were on the block they would get someone to step up and pay over $6 billion. It is all about revenue...and the Nets and Warriors and most other big market teams have A LOT of it.

My point was just that if the Warriors wanted to spend an extra $200 mil/yr to keep their dynasty team together, they happily would. The money is there, as evidenced by how much the franchises are worth.

You root for a small market team with much less revenue so this is hard for you to get your mind around. OKC owners don't spend extra pennies. GS ones do.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK I'm going to give you one troll-free response for you to recognize where you went way wrong here. But you only get one.

Someone just did step up and pay $4.6 billion for the Nets. If the Warriors were on the block they would get someone to step up and pay over $6 billion. It is all about revenue...and the Nets and Warriors and most other big market teams have A LOT of it.

My point was just that if the Warriors wanted to spend an extra $200 mil/yr to keep their dynasty team together, they happily would. The money is there, as evidenced by how much the franchises are worth.

You root for a small market team with much less revenue so this is hard for you to get your mind around. OKC owners don't spend extra pennies. GS ones do.

Troll away, I don’t care. Has nothing to do with market size. You made a point that they can spend whatever they want because of franchise value, I pointed out that revenue is what drives what they spend not franchise value. Wasn’t trying to start anything, just making a point and a good one.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Alibaba billionaire who owned half the Brooklyn Nets just bought out the remaining 51%...for $2.35 billion (valuing the Nets at over $4.6 billion)

So what does that make the marquee teams worth? Warriors gotta be around $6 billion with the new arena. They can afford plenty of luxury tax, @WiggyRuss

In any business they are worth what they will pay. Most seem overvalued currently. I know a lot of these NBA teams are not making any money, losing money or just breaking even. They are more toys than real business anyways.

Interesting that an Alibaba owner likes the nets. What is with the nets lol...They had a weird Russian Billionaire owner, and now a Chinese owner. Plus they just landed Durant and Irving. If i was an investor, i would def want a piece of what the nets are selling. Funny that the knicks can't get anything going tho

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troll away, I don’t care. Has nothing to do with market size. You made a point that they can spend whatever they want because of franchise value, I pointed out that revenue is what drives what they spend not franchise value. Wasn’t trying to start anything, just making a point and a good one.

It's not a good one, because we are saying the same thing...franchise value reflects revenue. Also, revenue has everything to do with market size.

My point was simply to push back on Wiggy for insisting the Ws never would pay the tax required to keep KD and the rest together. They would have.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In any business they are worth what they will pay. Most seem overvalued currently. I know a lot of these NBA teams are not making any money, losing money or just breaking even. They are more toys than real business anyways.

Interesting that an Alibaba owner likes the nets. What is with the nets lol...They had a weird Russian Billionaire owner, and now a Chinese owner. Plus they just landed Durant and Irving. If i was an investor, i would def want a piece of what the nets are selling. Funny that the knicks can't get anything going tho

LOL you don't know shit. I'll take the valuation decisions of the billionaires over a brokedick like you

It's possible KD and KI took into account the Chinese connection when they chose the Nets, lotta brand building possibilities there.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a good one, because we are saying the same thing...franchise value reflects revenue. My point was simply to push back on Wiggy for insisting the Ws never would pay the tax required to keep KD and the rest together. They would have.

They might have for a few years. But they wouldn't consistently. Dan Gilbert was willing to go deep into the tax with Lebron, now they are prob under....GS was going to be some ridiculous # tho with 4 max's...Maybe they wouldn't have, who knows

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL you don't know shit. I'll take the valuation decisions of the billionaires over a brokedick like you

I know considerably more than you and i am an investor in Alibaba, JD and Tencent...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might have for a few years. But they wouldn't consistently. Dan Gilbert was willing to go deep into the tax with Lebron, now they are prob under....GS was going to be some ridiculous # tho with 4 max's...Maybe they wouldn't have, who knows

Obviously unprovable, but I'm quite sure of it.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know considerably more than you and i am an investor in Alibaba, JD and Tencent...

LOLOLOLOLOL you own a couple Chinese tech stocks so you know how much money NBA teams are making. I have a Series 7 license but you own some stocks good for you, slugger!

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOLOLOLOLOL you own a couple Chinese tech stocks so you know how much money NBA teams are making. I have a Series 7 license but you own some stocks good for you, slugger!

I read an article that said most NBA franchises are not making any money. That would be my first clue that they are overvalued, besides the fact that they are way more expensive than they use to be. Kinda like when Tesla went to 365 a share. That seems to really upset you?

lol like anyone cares about a shitty series 7 license

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read an article that said most NBA franchises are not making any money. That would be my first clue that they are overvalued, besides the fact that they are way more expensive than they use to be. Kinda like when Tesla went to 365 a share. That seems to really upset you?

It seems to upset you that I value the opinions of billionaires and what they choose to invest in over you, but you've always been kind of excitable.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems to upset you that I value the opinions of billionaires and what they choose to invest in over you, but you've always been kind of excitable.

What is their opinion lol

I said most buy these as toys and could care less about the price. Doesn't make them good purchases or not overvalued purchases