• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has nothing to do with small market and everything to do with being a fn man. This Fd up world we live in.

It is a Fd up world we live in when people think asking for a trade is not manly.

You get that a damn ping pong ball decided where Anthony Davis had to live the first 7 or 8 years of his professional life, right?

And let me say again. Davis made it clear he would play as long as he was in NO. He also accepted his benching without making any further waves, because he understood the Pelicans were doing what was best for them.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a Fd up world we live in when people think asking for a trade is not manly.

You get that a damn ping pong ball decided where Anthony Davis had to live the first 7 or 8 years of his professional life, right?

And let me say again. Davis made it clear he would play as long as he was in NO. He also accepted his benching without making any further waves, because he understood the Pelicans were doing what was best for them.

Ask for a trade all you want but keep it quiet, don’t be a pussy. This is going to be addressed by the league, it has to be.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,406.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get why small market fans are bitter. You can’t keep your guys.

But bottom line, the Pelicans had 7 years to build a winning team around a truly elite player and they failed miserably.

So I don’t blame Davis at all for wanting to play somewhere else.
This.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players can't have an opinion or a voice.....really?

Seriously? I make damn good money but the second I quit doing everything for the good of the organization I represent I will be looking to make damn good money elsewhere. It’s not just the owners, you get a check and work with people whose livelihoods are dependent on each other then you are accountable to them as well. That’s generally true no matter what you do or how much money you make. Accountability ain’t what it used to be though, and we are worse off for it.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not waiting on Klaw they couldn't...

still, i think If Boogie is 80%(said this before) of what he was before his injury i think we'll be fine...

Cousins will not last the entire season. Guy plays 5 games and get injured every time. He also looked out of shape and slow last year. Watch the GS games, everyone would run down the floor and big ol Cousins would lumbar down their like 10 seconds later...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad signing but the Lakers could have done better.

By the time they signed him, and for a small contract, you're saying there were better players they should have gotten instead?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,406.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? I make damn good money but the second I quit doing everything for the good of the organization I represent I will be looking to make damn good money elsewhere. It’s not just the owners, you get a check and work with people whose livelihoods are dependent on each other then you are accountable to them as well. That’s generally true no matter what you do or how much money you make. Accountability ain’t what it used to be though, and we are worse off for it.

You also are an "at-will" employee.....athletes aren't. They are locked in for a certain amount of years and contracts are guaranteed. Pretty sure yours isn't.

By saying athletes can't say what's on their mind....is infringing on freedom of speech.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And guess what?

The Pelicans still could have traded him to Boston.

Not really, because Boston was smart enough to take the hint.

Do you think any team even approached Pelicans from seasons end?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins will not last the entire season. Guy plays 5 games and get injured every time. He also looked out of shape and slow last year. Watch the GS games, everyone would run down the floor and big ol Cousins would lumbar down their like 10 seconds later...

so you think he STAYED outta shape... ?

doubting that very seriously...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also are an "at-will" employee.....athletes aren't. They are locked in for a certain amount of years and contracts are guaranteed. Pretty sure yours isn't.

By saying athletes can't say what's on their mind....is infringing on freedom of speech.

Then how/why does the league fine them, if they don’t like what they say?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh they can say it but when they do they are showing what they are all about. It’s ok if they have no shame not many do anymore.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AD didnt have a gun to his head when he signed his current contract, so its pointless to bring up stuff from the past.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's not saying they CAN'T say it. He's saying it's a pussy move to bitch publicly and demand a trade. He's right, keep it quiet so the team doesn't get double fucked. It's about honor. Players have a right to advocate for themselves, and we have a right to judge them based on how they do it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really, because Boston was smart enough to take the hint.

Do you think any team even approached Pelicans from seasons end?

That is the point though.

NO could have traded Davis to any of the other 29 teams. Including Boston.

The Lakers made the best offer because they believe they can resign him. But they had to give a lot.

And yes. I am quite sure other teams approached NO. They just weren’t willing to pay as much as LA because LA thinks they can resign him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD didnt have a gun to his head when he signed his current contract, so its pointless to bring up stuff from the past.

A gun?

No.

But he was a restricted FA.

He did not have another viable alternative.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the point though.

NO could have traded Davis to any of the other 29 teams. Including Boston.

The Lakers made the best offer because they believe they can resign him. But they had to give a lot.

And yes. I am quite sure other teams approached NO. They just weren’t willing to pay as much as LA because LA thinks they can resign him.

I think you are forgetting the part where AD told them, directly, that he’d be a 1 season rental.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not saying they CAN'T say it. He's saying it's a pussy move to bitch publicly and demand a trade. He's right, keep it quiet so the team doesn't get double fucked. It's about honor. Players have a right to advocate for themselves, and we have a right to judge them based on how they do it.

Except,

I am not sure the whole scenario could have possibly worked out any better for NO.

So it is a stretch to say they got screwed.