• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hassan deserves some props for making it to the league the hard way at the very least
if you mean, by getting drafted, and then being booted from the league for being lazy and having to work his way back up through every podunk league in Europe then sure.

predictably he gets a huge contract and then the rest is history

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Lakers...

#DEALwithit:D
tumblr_mdsa431Qdi1r5c792o1_r2_400.gif

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to decide who to call out to try to compete with the Miami Cleveland bs. I will give it some thought, more to follow.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you’re giving experts opinions again?
Any of them have Josh Jackson as franchise changing player for at least 7 years?

Did you even look at that chart/link I posted earlier?

In a year or two from now, a redraft will have the top 20 totally different.
here is an opinion- i bet you Garland makes him look like a fool and becomes a much muhc better pro.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want RW to Miami to down so bad.....

What do you think about that if it happens @WiggyRuss?
i think they have to do it. They have to try and win now. They have some of the least future draft capital in the entire league. They have no cap room this year or next year. You gotta take advantage of Butler right now- the guy has a ton of miles on him and is going to be 30 at the start of the season. The rest of Westbrooks prime lines up with his prime. Westbrook would not be avaliable except for special circumstances of George demanding out, combined with his enormous contract. Those variables make him fairly cheap to get and its not like they have the cap space to go out and get someone next summer or the following summer.

You hope that everyone stays healthy, that Milwaukee is still a year or two away, that the Sixers arent ready yet, that Boston takes time to gel, that Brooklyn wont be legit until KD returns and you go for it.

Most likely you are a 5 or 6 seed that loses in the first round, but at this point you are pot committed. Maybe they stay healthy and Giannis gets hurt and Embiid cant stay healthy and Durant isnt back yet and Boston chokes and you make some crazy run to the Finals. You get 2 good years out of Butler and RW (though RW has already played his BEST basketball and Butler might have as well) before they start to show the type of decline that takes them from being all star players to good/sometimes great when they are feeling it/healthy type of players.

and then you are pretty much fucked. RW and Butler making a combined 85M or so in years 3 and 4.....and owe out your draft picks.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or he wanted to come back to the Lakers.....and understood he couldn't get as much since they had James and just traded for AD and were pursuing Leonard.....
yah your prob right

dude prob got offered a TON more from other teams but decided to take a big time haircut. Makes tons of sense. LOL

either that or no one wanted him. I mean I wonder which one is more likely?

I mean Enes Kanter? or JaVale Mcgee?

Ed Davis or JaVale Mcgee?

Thomas Bryant or JaVale McGee?

IVICA ZUBICA (lol) or JaVale McGee?

the NBA spoke with its checkbooks- as it always does.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is exactly why the Lakers wont win shit
ehhh...when you get fired from the Orlando Magic and the Magic get better its typically not a great sign.

I actually do like Vogel to some extent, but i have serious doubts if he is made out to be a coach in this type of market with this type of scrutiny. He seems like a small market/defensive/rah rah type of guy that is more x's and o's.

He just doesnt seem like a guy who is going to able to manage these type of personalities and this type of pressure coaching for hte Los Angeles Lakers. Its why I thought Lue would have been the right hire-- he would have broguht Vogel in to be his assistant and run the D while he would have managed the personalities, the pressure, the media, management and their idiocy, etc.....Lue would have done a good job juggling a lot of those variables. I think that the pressure and the media and the personalities and the whims of management are just things that Vogel is not well prepared for. ESPECIALLY if they get off to a slow start.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ, change the station.

This tune is getting old.

The guy did everything they asked him to do and he wasn't the space cadet I accused him of being.

I was wrong about him.

Ps. This is the 2nd time you quoted this post. Did it bother you that much?

:dhd:

I'm sure it did.

He's lost in his feels. He's had 2 very bad off-seasons.

1 of the teams he hates most in he world took one of his nuts and Lebron from him and is now considered a contender for next year.

And the other team he hates most in the world is likely going to make the playoffs next year by getting one of the players he hates the most and possibly pairing him with one of the players he loves the most.

Meanwhile, his Cavs are already planning their next lottery party.

We may be in for another epic meltdown.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, would one Lakers fan take a bet that Jason Kidd has not taken over for Vogel before his contract is up?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to ask again why are we acting like turning 30 is a big deal in the nba? This isn't the rb position in football.

Butler doesn't have any crazy mileage on him or no deep playoffs run