• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will have challenges in the league next season

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,873.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will have challenges in the league next season

Not exactly something I’m looking forward to. The last 5 minutes of games already take an eternity. That’s progress I guess.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not exactly something I’m looking forward to. The last 5 minutes of games already take an eternity. That’s progress I guess.

I'll wait to hear more. If it is only 2 challenges per game then it is not bad at all.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,873.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll wait to hear more. If it is only 2 challenges per game then it is not bad at all.

Just saw where they say the replay center can initiate a challenge as well. That doesn’t sound good to me but we will see.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read the rules. Not bad at all. I'm saving my last challenge for a BS call that happens late in a close game. Don't care much about missed calls in the first 3 quarters too much.

My only issue is not allowing coaches to challenge fouls in the final 2 minutes.

Here’s how it’ll work:

• Coaches will get one challenge per game, regardless of whether the challenge is successful or unsuccessful.
  • Teams must have a timeout remaining to request the challenge and must call for it immediately after the reviewable event takes place. They’ll “twirl his/her index finger toward the referees” to signal for the challenge.
  • If the challenge is successful, the team will keep its timeout. If not, the timeout will be used.
  • The following calls can be challenged:
    • Called fouls
    • Goaltending
    • Basket interference
    • Plays where the ball goes out of bounds
  • There must be clear and conclusive visual evidence that the original call was incorrect.
  • No calls will be allowed to be reviewed in the final two minutes of the fourth quarter or overtime
  • The crew chief in the game will determine the final outcome of the challenges involving fouls while the NBA Replay Center in Secaucus, New Jersey will decide the other reviewable calls.
  • All technical and flagrant fouls that occur during or right after a call being challenged will stand regardless of the result of the challenge.
The league is also leaning toward replay reviews coming from the review center in Secaucus, New Jersey without the involvement of the on-court officiating crew, an idea similar to the NFL’s booth reviews. The NBA wants to give Secaucus the authority to review questionable two or 3-point shots without the officiating crew asking for it, as well as shot-clock violations. This replay review center will also have the ability to trigger an instant replay review.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw where they say the replay center can initiate a challenge as well. That doesn’t sound good to me but we will see.

I don't think it is a big deal at all. Outside of foul calls, the other 3 teams were already reviewable. The only change is coaches can challenge them as well.

1 challenge per game not going to change much IMO. A coach is not going to use their 1 and only challenge in the first quarter of the game so basically there is a maximum of 2 challenges per game and i have to think they won't or at least shouldn't take place until the 4th quarter.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't initiate a challenge on fouls calls though. Only the coaches can. Replay center can only initiate a challenge to see if it was a 2 or 3 and to see if the shot was released prior to the shot clock expiring.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MORRIS is considering taking 15 million from the Knicks for 1 year
backing out of a deal with the SPURS for 20 million over 2 years

The SPURS deal was a player option 2nd year.
It was not like he was locked to the Spurs, he could make it one year 10 million if he chooses to do so.

Add in the 10% New York state income tax eating 1.5 million.
It is essentially 3.5 million more with less security and playing for a likely last place team???

I guess money is money, but it seems very odd.
Maybe, he just wants to stockpile stats.
And then he can turn that into a bigger deal elsewhere next year???

It is not the end of the world, but the story seems too odd to be true.