• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors really got to do something in the offseason. Get much better role players and signing cousins back seems like a must now imo or they're in deep shit

It might just mean they aren't that good for a year.

Curry and Green are probably enough to get them to the playoffs.

Klay's injury is absolutely horrible though.

And the man was going to keep playing through what may be a 8-9 month injury. That is insane. I never want to hear another negative word about Klay Thompson. The man is a legend.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Of course. Gotta parse every word. Just like last week when he said he hadn't bought real estate "yet".

But on a serious note, just how disappointed could Raptors fans actually be if he left now? He freaking won you your first title. I mean you'd obviously love to keep him and keep it going but if he did leave, I don't see how you could be mad

Parsing every word is especially dumb with a guy like Kawhi.

He is uncomfortable speaking to media. His responses are never polished or eloquent. Trying to analyze his words for meaning is a fool's errand because his words can't always be taken as literal translations of what he feels or thinks.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So two top 15 players are already gone for most of if not all of next season. Unreal. This really opens things up. It's all gonna depend on where Leonard goes. If he stays with Toronto, they are probably the favorites next season. If he goes to the Clippers they are probably the favorites next season.

Also, does this mean the Pelicans are less likely to trade AD now? Why not try and make a run with AD, Jrue and Zion for a year? Assuming Zion is the player we think he can be that's a nice core. Man that Cousins trade really killed them last season.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And the man was going to keep playing through what may be a 8-9 month injury. That is insane. I never want to hear another negative word about Klay Thompson. The man is a legend.

agreed. Balls the size of friggin grapefruits...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sure a ton of players felt the same as he did after a bad injury like that-they wanted to go back in but he was never going to go back there, lets be honest. He couldn't run, he would have been a liability for his team.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year is officially title or bust for James Harden and the Rockets

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year is officially title or bust for James Harden and the Rockets

I think after these injuries the Rockets have to think about keeping this team together one more year now.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure a ton of players felt the same as he did after a bad injury like that-they wanted to go back in but he was never going to go back there, lets be honest. He couldn't run, he would have been a liability for his team.

Not after being checked, no.

But he was literally on the court after made FTs trying to decline the foul that Kerr wanted to get him out.

Obviously he would not have been very effective, buy he was going to try to play as long as he was allowed to. It is the change of directions that would have been problematic. Straight lines are doable for an athlete with an ACL injury.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors really got to do something in the offseason. Get much better role players and signing cousins back seems like a must now imo or they're in deep shit

Yeah, it's going to be a really interesting off-season. Bob Myers is going to have to earn his money and prove again he's one of the best GM's in the league. The Warriors also will need to hit on a rotation level guy with their first round pick. The last few years have been complete busts in terms of being able to call on a guy consistently. They can't keep swinging and missing.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's going to be a really interesting off-season. Bob Myers is going to have to earn his money and prove again he's one of the best GM's in the league. The Warriors also will need to hit on a rotation level guy with their first round pick. The last few years have been complete busts in terms of being able to call on a guy consistently. They can't keep swinging and missing.

Yeah guys to fill the bench is going to be a huge key this year, more so than others bc of those injuries. I expect them to bring Cousins back. Iggy and Livingston just aren't the same players and they have thrived on having these two guys and not putting much around them on the bench the last couple years. I expect them to get better guys, maybe Austin Rivers and a couple other nice fillers.

Klay will be back on the max.
Iggy will be back.
Cousins - I think he will be back imo
McKinnie will be back most likely.
Cook probably but who knows

Livingston probably will retire.
Bell and Looney most likely gone.

Next year IMO they will have lineup most likely looking like this before any FA moves.

PG - Steph
SG - Cook??
SF - Iggy
PF - Green
C - Cousins

Bench:
McKinnie
Jones
Evans

IR:
Klay

Last edited:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
leBron plus AD plus another name like Butler or Kemba, if that team happens, that's your West favorites

About a half an hour ago, I heard on the Dan Patrick Show that an oddsmaker (didn't catch which one) has the Lakers as +450 favorites to win the title next season.

He was interviewing Reggie Miller at the time and they both said that "either they know something we don't, or think they do."

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah guys to fill the bench is going to be a huge key this year, more so than others bc of those injuries. I expect them to bring Cousins back, probably on a one year deal maybe $10-14M?....not sure how to value his play at the moment. Iggy and Livingston just aren't the same players and they have thrived on having these two guys and not putting much around them on the bench the last couple years. I expect them to get better guys, maybe Austin Rivers and a couple other nice fillers.

Iggy will be back.

Next year IMO they will have lineup most likely looking like this before any FA moves.

PG - Steph
SG - Cook??
SF - Iggy
PF - Green
C - Cousins

Bench:
McKinnie
Jones
Evans

IR:
Klay
KD
Can only pay Cousins like 8 mil, so he's probably gone too

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can only pay Cousins like 8 mil, so he's probably gone too

Unless he takes 8 mil. He said after the Finals he wants to be back in GS. It depends on what kind of offers he gets on the market but he seems to want to stay in GS for now.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About a half an hour ago, I heard on the Dan Patrick Show that an oddsmaker (didn't catch which one) has the Lakers as +450 favorites to win the title next season.

He was interviewing Reggie Miller at the time and they both said that "either they know something we don't, or think they do."

Well usually when the odds are that overwhelming...people know something we don't. For all that we know the deal is lined up they are just working out the details, framework, etc.

I would say he is lock for LA but who really knows.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless he takes 8 mil. He said after the Finals he wants to be back in GS. It depends on what kind of offers he gets on the market but he seems to want to stay in GS for now.
That would be great but the dude just played for peanuts he needs to get paid. He will get a much bigger offer somewhere

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah guys to fill the bench is going to be a huge key this year, more so than others bc of those injuries. I expect them to bring Cousins back, probably on a one year deal maybe $10-14M?....not sure how to value his play at the moment. Iggy and Livingston just aren't the same players and they have thrived on having these two guys and not putting much around them on the bench the last couple years. I expect them to get better guys, maybe Austin Rivers and a couple other nice fillers.

Iggy will be back.

PG - Steph
SG - Cook??
SF - Iggy
PF - Green
C - Cousins

Bench:
McKinnie
Jones
Evans

IR:
Klay
KD

Livingston is most likely gone. I don't think the Warriors bring him back even if he didn't want to retire. They have a 2m buy-out clause for this upcoming season.

I think we'll see Klay back and Looney back as well. I think Looney will probably (and should) command a salary close to 10M a year. I would envision him as a starting center. The Warriors own his bird rights so they can go over the cap to resign him. Given Looney's age and progression I wouldn't hesitate to give him a 4 or 5 year deal.

The tricky part with Boogie is that he was signed with the MLE last year. I think the most they can offer him is a slight raise on what he made last year, which means his salary would be just shy of a 1 year 7M deal. But also I'm not sure if the Warriors offer that to him, if it eliminates our MLE to sign someone else. That could be a huge factor. If the Warriors are investing in Looney, I think they would make him their starting center. He's earned the right to at the very least compete for that position in training camp, if not deserve it out-right.

McKinney will likely be back because he's on a cheap deal with a team option. Cook could come back on a minimum deal, but I'm again hoping the Warriors upgrade that position.

Roster locks: Steph, Klay, Iguodala, Draymond, McKinney, Evans, Jones.
Maybe: Kevon Looney, Kevin Durant, Demarcus Cousins, Jordan Bell, Quinn Cook

It's going to be really, really interesting.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can absolutely see him being some sort of cap holder for a team who strikes on big free agents. He could command a big 1 year deal somewhere and be generally worth the value.

I don't think you'll see him get any long term offers past say like 3 years 45M. Then he has likely an opportunity to come back to the Warriors on a one year deal for 7M-ish, or could potentially have a 1 year 20M deal with someone else looking to preserve cap space for 2020.

He'll have some options, but not all what he would probably like.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Livingston is most likely gone. I don't think the Warriors bring him back even if he didn't want to retire. They have a 2m buy-out clause for this upcoming season.

I think we'll see Klay back and Looney back as well. I think Looney will probably (and should) command a salary close to 10M a year. I would envision him as a starting center. The Warriors own his bird rights so they can go over the cap to resign him. Given Looney's age and progression I wouldn't hesitate to give him a 4 or 5 year deal.

The tricky part with Boogie is that he was signed with the MLE last year. I think the most they can offer him is a slight raise on what he made last year, which means his salary would be just shy of a 1 year 7M deal. But also I'm not sure if the Warriors offer that to him, if it eliminates our MLE to sign someone else. That could be a huge factor. If the Warriors are investing in Looney, I think they would make him their starting center. He's earned the right to at the very least compete for that position in training camp, if not deserve it out-right.

McKinney will likely be back because he's on a cheap deal with a team option. Cook could come back on a minimum deal, but I'm again hoping the Warriors upgrade that position.

Roster locks: Steph, Klay, Iguodala, Draymond, McKinney, Evans, Jones.
Maybe: Kevon Looney, Kevin Durant, Demarcus Cousins, Jordan Bell, Quinn Cook

It's going to be really, really interesting.

I don't know man, remember Mozgov lol. Looney could get offers for $13-16M on the market. Teams get crazy and desperate but I agree $10 is about right.

Yeah that was my mistake. $8M for Boogie. I think it depends what the market demands are for him.