• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Knicks, though. They were supposed to be the center of the basketball universe starting yesterday.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With his knee issue, I'm sure that's a big factor for Kawhi. Center of the basketball world moving from Northern California to Southern California. My SoCal relatives will never let me hear the end of it.

lol don't feel bad. I get it on the basketball AND football end...

my son's a Raiders AND a Phoenix Suns fan, my wife's a Packers fan, and for reasons i'll NEVER figure out, my daughter likes the Cowboys...

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

my son's a Raiders AND a Phoenix Suns fan, my wife's a Packers fan, and for reasons i'll NEVER figure out, my daughter likes the Cowboys...

I've had a great decade with the Giants also winning three World Series, but now our time is up. The Lakers have been great almost all of my sports watching life, so this is a return to normal. It would be great for the Niners to be good again, but I'm not holding my breath. I had a friend in junior high and high school who was a Cowboys fan, and this was in the early to mid nineties, so yeah we all would mess with him come NFL playoffs time. Too bad for us that those Cowboy teams were so good. I had no idea either why he was a Cowboys fan.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had a great decade with the Giants also winning three World Series, but now our time is up. The Lakers have been great almost all of my sports watching life, so this is a return to normal. It would be great for the Niners to be good again, but I'm not holding my breath. I had a friend in junior high and high school who was a Cowboys fan, and this was in the early to mid nineties, so yeah we all would mess with him come NFL playoffs time. Too bad for us that those Cowboy teams were so good. I had no idea either why he was a Cowboys fan.

lol yeah, those were the days...

I remember a girl I used to work with who's panties would get soaking wet every time Dwight Clark was brought up...:lol:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm a Cowboys fan and my wife is a Packers fan. Your wife and daughter have good taste.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol yeah, those were the days...

I remember a girl I used to work with who's panties would get soaking wet every time Dwight Clark was brought up...:lol:

Maybe I'm just nostalgic, but I don't think the NFL can ever be as entertaining to me as it was in the '80s and '90s. I literally cried when Roger Craig fumbled and the Giants beat the Niners in the '91 NFC championship game and ended their threepeat attempt. No way I will ever care that much for a football game ever again, but then again, I'm not 11 years old anymore.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please enlighten me then.

How could Toronto be better than LA from a marketing point of view?

Wherever Kawhi goes he is the best player. Lakers could be the next dynasty

Being one of three elite players will likely dilute his marketability. But aside from that, there’s almost no way he goes there and isn’t 2nd fiddle to LeBron for at least the first year. That’s the case even if Kawhi may be the better overall player at this point. LeBron will be perceived and treated as the top guy.

He also has a unique thing going on with Toronto because it is Canada’s only team, basketball seems to be increasing in popularity there, they just won a title for Pete’s sake, and he could be connected with one of the world’s most popular hip hop stars in Drake.

Anyway, I'm not saying that Toronto is definitely better than LA or LA definitely is worse than Toronto. That would be crazy to say. But I think it’s lazy to just assume LA will be a better place for Kawhi when it comes to marketing him. And that sorta seems to be what Stephen A Smith was doing.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawhi announcement coming soon I bet.