• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Leonard stays in Toronto or goes to the Clippers there are going to be more teams starting the season thinking they have a real chance to win than in a long time.

Kinda quiet on him returning it feels

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if it's that or nothing, i'd still rather have jimmy

I would prefer Jimmy but I have no idea if he really wants to stay. Especially if the Sixers aren't willing to give him a 5th year.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers should do a sign and trade with Houston. They could get back Tucker and Gordon. Both perfect fits. They lose Redick, replace him with gordon. Then Tucker can play the 3 or 4 with Harris

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,921.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
according to who? if the hold up is the fifth year, just do it.

Please, sixers weren’t offering him or it would have already happened. Butler would have signed a max deal everywhere he has been.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man Kawhi and Jimmy out here holding stuff up...

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep saying that.....how was he expendable?
they had a choice between brooks lopez or brogdon and they chose lopez.

Which brings us to the other “name” available if Butler or Harris end up leaving: Milwaukee’s Malcolm Brogdon.

As I wrote about Brogdon earlier in the spring, he’d be a terrific fit: 26 years old, good spot-up shooter, can attack the rim off of closeouts and a good perimeter defender. The problem, as it’s always been, is he’s a restricted free agent, and not only can Milwaukee match the offer, but they can keep the Sixers’ salary cap space tied up until July 8 while doing so.

But is there a point where Milwaukee won’t match?

If the Bucks bring Khris Middleton back on a maximum contract, and use their mid-level exception for Brook Lopez’s return, Milwaukee becomes capped at the $138 million Apron. While the trade of Tony Snell and the No. 30 pick for Jon Leuer freed up some space under the Apron, they’re still really close to it. In fact, if you swap Leuer for Snell, add in Middleton’s max contract, Lopez’s mid-level and enough minimum salary contracts to reach the 14-player roster minimum, then a $24 million starting salary for Brogdon would take them over the Apron, something they couldn’t do after using the mid-level on Lopez.

Would the Bucks rather have Lopez at $9.2 million or Brogdon at $24 million? Would they let Lopez walk to keep Brogdon around long-term? Or would they be able to trade someone like Ersan Ilyasova to free up enough space under the Apron to match? These are the questions the Sixers would have to ask before tying up cap space with an offer sheet for Brogdon. While $22-$24 million might seem like a lot for Brogdon, I’d be more comfortable with him at that contract, with his fit and his age, than a similar contract for Horford (even if I do respect the heck out of Horford’s game).
Butler, Horford, Richardson and more: Thoughts as the Sixers...

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Kings got Dedmond Ariza and kept Barnes? I like it

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing...where is the Klay deal?! I would of thought that it would of been one of the first deals announced