• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 NBA Playoffs thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I think Kemba Walker is better than Klay either?

No but he damn sure had a better season

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where was all this energy from Klay/Warriors fans last year when he missed out on All NBA teams?

But now because money is involved it is a huge deal? LMAO

His #'s last year were actually better than his #'s this season

The only thing that was down was PPG only because he took 2 fewer shots per game

2017-2018 Klay- 20 PPG, 4 RPG, and 2.5 APG on 49% shooting, and 44% shooting from 3 on 16 shots per night

2018-2019 Klay- 21.5 PPG, 4 RPG, and 2.4 APG on 47% shooting, and 40% shooting from 3 on 18 shots per night.

He also didn't make it in 2016-2017 also when he had very similar #'s to this season.

But now it is an issue because money was involved?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok.

And only a fool fan would prioritize games in December and January over winning championships.

Any Warrior fan with a brain is going to enjoy the experience of that January ticket regardless of the outcome. The real enjoyment comes in May and June when they are throttling everybody.

You have 5 consecutive Finals trips, probably a 4th title in 5 years and a remarkable core with highly likeable (minus KD) and fun players.

Only a fool complains about anything in Oakland because it is nothing but positive.
I can tell you from experience that that is not true.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I think Kemba Walker is better than Klay either?

No but he damn sure had a better season
Impossible to compare the two because their team situations are so much different. I think a more accurate question if you are assessing their value, would be "If you had a choice to start your team with one of them, which one would you take?"

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where was all this energy from Klay/Warriors fans last year when he missed out on All NBA teams?

The only thing that was down was PPG only because he took 2 fewer shots per game

2017-2018 Klay- 20 PPG, 4 RPG, and 2.5 APG on 49% shooting, and 44% shooting from 3 on 16 shots per night

2018-2019 Klay- 21.5 PPG, 4 RPG, and 2.4 APG on 47% shooting, and 40% shooting from 3 on 18 shots per night.

He also didn't make it in 2016-2017 also when he had very similar #'s to this season.

Its always about money but no one should feel sorry for Thompson; with the 190 mil he's in line to get, he's gonna be OK.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's pushing back about people saying he was crying/being a bitch when he had a normal and understandable reaction
I think all of us here agree he wasn't unfairly snubbed

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really don't care who makes 3rd team all NBA. Kind of arbitrary really. I am certainly not complaining that Klay didn't make it. I do kind of hate that it is linked to player salary though.

I am, I however, defending him against the fools who try to use stats to "prove" he is overrated.

Klay is rated just right. Depending on how you classify Harden, Klay is arguably the best or second best SG in the league and easily a top 10 guard overall.

Lastly, Warrior fans should be ecstatic that he didn't make 3rd team.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't care who makes 3rd team all NBA. Kind of arbitrary really. I am certainly not complaining that Klay didn't make it. I do kind of hate that it is linked to player salary though.

I am, I however, defending him against the fools who try to use stats to "prove" he is overrated.

Klay is rated just right. Depending on how you classify Harden, Klay is arguably the best or second best SG in the league and easily a top 10 guard overall.

I agree that it shouldn't be the difference in getting the super max or not because some positions are deeper than others.

He probably is the 2nd best SG but all nba teams doesn't have a spot for shooting guards alone which is why usually point guards would take up most of the guards slot. I think this year point guards had 5 of 6 all nba guards spots.

And my last point, all nba is mainly about stats so in case using stats to make a case why the other guys deserved it ahead of him is perfectly fine

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it was up for debate but people on here don't understand that All NBA is an individual award for that season alone. They out here comparing players careers as a whole which never been a requirement to make the All NBA team

What is the point of All NBA if you're comparing players entire careers?

Wouldn't we basically have the same 15 players every year then?

Beal just avg 25,5,5 on 47% shooting. You can easily make the case that he had a better season than Klay.

I'm sure Klay wouldn't have gotten the Wizards much further considering Wall missed most of the season and Dwight barely played
Oh, I agree.

Just like KAT making the All-star Team.

It's not a team achievement.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It works in the Dubs favor, financially, that he DIDN'T make it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that it shouldn't be the difference in getting the super max or not because some positions are deeper than others.

He probably is the 2nd best SG but all nba teams doesn't have a spot for shooting guards alone which is why usually point guards would take up most of the guards slot. I think this year point guards had 5 of 6 all nba guards spots.

And my last point, all nba is mainly about stats so in case using stats to make a case why the other guys deserved it ahead of him is perfectly fine

I agree with all that.

@dtgold88 specifcally uses the stats to call Klay overrated.

He is wrong.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

Klay Thompson is a better basketball player than Bradley Beal.

I can admit that as a Wizards fan because I am not a blind homer.
Great, but this is your usual Extreme Guy dance. Might Klay be better? Absolutely, but hard to know as each has been on completely opposite ends of the spectrum as to the team they have spent their careers.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am talking about his defense which has been in full display.

He went from shutting down Chris Paul in the first 5 games, to shutting down Eric Gordon while CP3 went off in game 6, to shutting down Lillard.

Elite defensive player regardless of whatever the defensive rating is.
"shutting down Eric Gordon"? The idea you said this should speak volumes. Gordon can shut down Gordon

You do what you usually do, play up your guy and spin everything in his favor. Because that and being Extreme Guy is your MO.

You just said when CP and Gordon played well must have meant Klay had nothing to do with it. Poorly? all Klay.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed...

it'll be a cold day in Hell before Pop ever gives the Lakers a helping hand...

that's a deep-rooted hatred i can respect...:D
Honestly, I don't buy that. If LA made a better offer for Kawhi then he is in LA.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did fail in a big spot. Did you even watch games 2-5 against the Bucks? I said he failed as the Celtics # 1 option. You understand now? Or do I have to draw an illusration in crayon so you get it? I never said he failed when he wasn't a teams # 1 option. He has the ring to prove it.

And if you try to say he didn't fail as the Celtics # 1 option you're only fooling yourself.
Actually, you said he'd fail. And I agreed, but reminded you as a #2 he can hit big shots and it seems likely where he ends up he will now be the #2.

If you care to use crayons in your reply get the 64 pack and be creative please.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm, is this really up for debate?

Beal does one thing really well.

Klay does that very same thing equally as well and plays lockdown defense.

Gross over exaggeration of the gap in talent...

But, Ben Simmons plays good defense and can thread the needle on offense.

Yet, I'd still take old man LeBron over him everyday of the week and 3 times on Sunday because of his shooting allergies.
Beal can play solid D as well and create his own shot and get shots for others (though his "others" have never been Durant and Curry). Can Klay? Not so sure.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it was up for debate but people on here don't understand that All NBA is an individual award for that season alone. They out here comparing players careers as a whole which never been a requirement to make the All NBA team

What is the point of All NBA if you're comparing players entire careers?

Wouldn't we basically have the same 15 players every year then?

Beal just avg 25,5,5 on 47% shooting. You can easily make the case that he had a better season than Klay.

I'm sure Klay wouldn't have gotten the Wizards much further considering Wall missed most of the season and Dwight barely played
Agree with this 100%, but not sure there is any evidence to suggest it's crazy to think Beal is as good or better than klay. Beal put up those #s while clearly being the guy the other team was looking to stop. Sure, being the #1 guy helps with the scoring, but not the shooting %.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it's only an issue because Klay made it an issue and some ripped Klay for the way he responded to being left off. so, in essence, you are correct.....only became an issue because money was involved.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah better to use nothing to make a point and just go Extreme Guy based on...well.....nothing.

That said (not that you specifically called me out), I for one don't think he's overrated. I could see him making 3rd team All NBA. But was also justified that he did not make it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do like they have a supermax so the elite of the elite can get more. Not sure how else to determine but if it's reserved for elite of elite maybe just limit to 1st team.