• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 NBA Playoffs thread

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, but I did care which was why I made it. And it seemed relevant because in his next stop it appears he will be a #2, so that team probably doesn't care what he's done as a #1.

I just don't care about this topic anymore. On to a different one. You think the Warriors take care of business? I sure would like to see a Raptors upset. Just don't see that happening though.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't care about this topic anymore. On to a different one. You think the Warriors take care of business? I sure would like to see a Raptors upset. Just don't see that happening though.
I do and think they win 4-0 or 4-1.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upsets have happened in the Finals before. Hope that happens this year.
Don't really care who wins, but do hope I'm wrong and is a compelling series that goes 6-7 games.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Kobe one isn't all that surprising since he came up in a time where 3s weren't heavily emphasized and that he also modeled his entire game after MJ, who also didn't shoot many 3s.

But the KG one is pretty eye popping. KG made a ton of all defense teams and won DPOY. Of course more goes into it than just blocks but its still wild to think that he doesn't have one season higher than Lopez

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kobe one isn't all that surprising since he came up in a time where 3s weren't heavily emphasized and that he also modeled his entire game after MJ, who also didn't shoot many 3s.

But the KG one is pretty eye popping. KG made a ton of all defense teams and won DPOY. Of course more goes into it than just blocks but its still wild to think that he doesn't have one season higher than Lopez
Can you imagine what would have happened if the Lakers had gotten KG that year instead of Boston?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just hope none of the Dubs current players pulls a Zsa Zsa on Kawhi.

Dubs 4 games to 1.

Watch those feet Bogut, Draymond and especially Klay. Klay has been doing it a lot in the playoffs and he doesn't even get a personal foul called for it.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics made it to game 7 of the conference finals last year w/o Irving. Add Irving to the mix & it was a second round exit. Plus the team had a better record w/o Irving during the regular season.

To truly be favoring Hayward shouldn't have have started more than 18 of the 72 games he played in? I agree that he's not his former self though.

Favoring Irving and Hayward was the accusation from Rozier.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Favoring Irving and Hayward was the accusation from Rozier.

Nothing surprises me w/ the dysfunctional Celtics this year. They took a step back from last season. The only thing different is Kyrie. I'll be glad when he's gone. And Stevens has the off season & next years preseason to see where Hayward is after that injury. He may never be the same, which wouldn't surprise me. But if he doesn't show the right improvement maybe he shouldn't be playing 26 minutes a game in the future.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That roster minus Kyrie and Hayward last year made it to game 7 of the ECF. Fair to say that it's talented. Kyrie usually stunts everyone else's production by going full ISO a lot.

But not anyone that will necessarily draw free agents to town to play with the rest of that roster. Boston may be looking to their draft pick stash for a quick rebuild.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But not anyone that will necessarily draw free agents to town to play with the rest of that roster. Boston may be looking to their draft pick stash for a quick rebuild.

Boston doesn't really have room to bring in another top tier FA, and that's removing the $20+ mil cap hold that Kyrie has with his player option. Boston's only way of improving the roster is via trade. Boston didn't have the success they had two years ago, but they brought in Hayward who was considered one of the better free agents in his respective class.

Edit: And the main subject was that you stated Boston's roster is not talented, I disagree.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston doesn't really have room to bring in another top tier FA, and that's removing the $20+ mil cap hold that Kyrie has with his player option. Boston's only way of improving the roster is via trade. Boston didn't have the success they had two years ago, but they brought in Hayward who was considered one of the better free agents in his respective class.

Edit: And the main subject was that you stated Boston's roster is not talented, I disagree.
with Ainge and Stevens already HOF bound to some wouldn't it be funny if their team was passed by Brooklyn, even though Boston had pretty much all their picks for half a decade?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with Ainge and Stevens already HOF bound to some wouldn't it be funny if their team was passed by Brooklyn, even though Boston had pretty much all their picks for half a decade?

Some people mentioned that a while back, I forget which news outlet. But I think it was Broussard or Shannon Sharpe from FS1. They basically criticized Ainge for being very conservative and stingy with his draft picks. And that there was potential that Brooklyn could be above Boston next season, which would be embarrassing given the heist that Ainge pulled on Brooklyn 5 years ago.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HOF bound, lol.