• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Los Angeles Lakers Off-Season Thread

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just going to post that maybe it is UJiri and he brings Leonard along with him. That would be a coup of sorts. Coaches? Williams is still in play even though now Phoenix is def interested. Lue is coming back for a second interview and Juan Howard is scheduled in for a tire-kicking affair, apparently If Williams is taken by Philly after their post-season ends, Lue will be the guy. And I firmly believe that Ujiri is the new POBO and Leonard is coming with him.

Report: Lakers, Lue meeting again Wednesday

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just going to post that maybe it is UJiri and he brings Leonard along with him. That would be a coup of sorts. Coaches? Williams is still in play even though now Phoenix is def interested. Lue is coming back for a second interview and Juan Howard is scheduled in for a tire-kicking affair, apparently If Williams is taken by Philly after their post-season ends, Lue will be the guy. And I firmly believe that Ujiri is the new POBO and Leonard is coming with him.

Report: Lakers, Lue meeting again Wednesday
I know we have our problems, but Pheonix is a dumpster fire for coaches. They had the top pick last year, but got worse. They have went thru 4 coaches in 5 years. I cant see Williams wanting to go there.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr ruskee-boy got fired after one year. In both the Suns and the Coyotes, the FO is a dumpster fire.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Pelinka and Kurt Rambis interviewed Jason Kidd yesterday.

Word is that he's a longshot for the job and it's more about leaving no stone unturned.

Apparently, Monty Williams is still who the Lakers want, but Ty Lue is probably who they'll get. Especially if the Raptors eliminate the Sixers in the 2nd round as Brett Brown is likely to be fired and Williams promoted to HC.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Pelinka and Kurt Rambis interviewed Jason Kidd yesterday.

Word is that he's a longshot for the job and it's more about leaving no stone unturned.

Apparently, Monty Williams is still who the Lakers want, but Ty Lue is probably who they'll get. Especially if the Raptors eliminate the Sixers in the 2nd round as Brett Brown is likely to be fired and Williams promoted to HC.

If the Lakers offer Monte the job, and he takes it, it won't matter what happens to the sixers.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the GM from the Raptors, Uijiri or whatever is coming to fill the POBO and he brings Leonard with him, the coach becomes nearly a secondary issue.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pelinka is headed to Philly to talk some more with Monty.

Looks like Monty really is the #1 choice. Which is a good thing, imo.

I still think we end up with Ty Lue because I don't think the Sixers are getting past the 2nd round and that likely means that Brett Brown gets fired. Apparently, Monty is who they would replace him with.

The Lakers may be able to outbid the Sixers for him, but I'm not sure they will.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers offer Monte the job, and he takes it, it won't matter what happens to the sixers.

True.

But, if the Sixers truly intend to replace Brown with Monty and Monty prefers to stay in Philly, then he is likely to wait to see what happens with the Sixers before he commits.

Even if he wants to be the Lakers HC, I'd be surprised if he accepts the job while the team he's with is still active in the playoffs.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True.

But, if the Sixers truly intend to replace Brown with Monty and Monty prefers to stay in Philly, then he is likely to wait to see what happens with the Sixers before he commits.

Even if he wants to be the Lakers HC, I'd be surprised if he accepts the job while the team he's with is still active in the playoffs.
I have seen coaches take jobs while still in the playoffs. The sixers will not face the Lakers in the playoffs this year. Monty can stay with them till the end. I don't see the sixers firing brown no matter what happens.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen coaches take jobs while still in the playoffs. The sixers will not face the Lakers in the playoffs this year. Monty can stay with them till the end. I don't see the sixers firing brown no matter what happens.

Maybe. What's been reported is that if the Sixers don't get to the ECF, he's likely gone.

I know coaches have accepted jobs while in the playoffs before, so it's a possibility.

I think it depends on what he wants. If he would rather coach the Lakers, then I agree that he may very well accept the job while the Sixers are still active in the playoffs.

But, if he'd rather stay in Philly, then I think he waits to see how this series turns out.

It could be a very interesting situation for him.

On the one hand, right now, the Sixers job looks to be a far better job than the Lakers.

However, if the Lakers manage to land a guy like Kawhi, Kyrie or someone...or if they pull off bringing say Vucevic and Beal...then I think the Lakers may become the better job.

The Suns have fired their head coach and also appear to be interested in Monty.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. What's been reported is that if the Sixers don't get to the ECF, he's likely gone.

I know coaches have accepted jobs while in the playoffs before, so it's a possibility.

I think it depends on what he wants. If he would rather coach the Lakers, then I agree that he may very well accept the job while the Sixers are still active in the playoffs.

But, if he'd rather stay in Philly, then I think he waits to see how this series turns out.

It could be a very interesting situation for him.

On the one hand, right now, the Sixers job looks to be a far better job than the Lakers.

However, if the Lakers manage to land a guy like Kawhi, Kyrie or someone...or if they pull off bringing say Vucevic and Beal...then I think the Lakers may become the better job.

The Suns have fired their head coach and also appear to be interested in Monty.

every job, except the Phoenix job, seems to better then the Lakers right now LOL Clippers are looking much better then the Lakers right now as well.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every job, except the Phoenix job, seems to better then the Lakers right now LOL Clippers are looking much better then the Lakers right now as well.

True.

I did a little research and found something interesting.

Remember when the Lakers fired Del Harris 12 games into the 1998-99 season and had Kurt Rambis take over?

Many of the same things that are being said now, were being said then.

Lakers' Coach Fired as Team's Turmoil Continues

There was no Twitter or Instagram back then, so it wasn't hammered on constantly like it is now.

Of course, after the season, they hired Phil Jackson and that seemed to turn out more or less okay.

Point of that is, the Lakers never used to say anything about what they were doing. So what looked directionless or like a mistake, would turn out to be part of a bigger move.

Jeanie said she wants to run the Lakers like her Dad did. Hopefully, that's what we're seeing.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea but she has one too many pals like Kurt and Linda Rambis that have her ear. As one article I read stated, ya can't run a sports franchise in today's world with loyalties to family and friends. It will sink you every time and Jeanie is being way too nice and taking her friends sensibilities into mind through her loyalty to them before she does anything or so it appears. She needs to clear everyone out and get to the business of returning the Lakers to a championship level business and I am not sure she is up to that task.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea but she has one too many pals like Kurt and Linda Rambis that have her ear. As one article I read stated, ya can't run a sports franchise in today's world with loyalties to family and friends. It will sink you every time and Jeanie is being way too nice and taking her friends sensibilities into mind through her loyalty to them before she does anything or so it appears. She needs to clear everyone out and get to the business of returning the Lakers to a championship level business and I am not sure she is up to that task.

I have no faith in her right now. She doing little jimmy like stupid shit.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Juaan Howard had a knock-em dead interview. Don't know if he has been asked back for seconds. Everything is slowing a bit for the NBA Finals. Once that is done, the Lakers will probably pull the trigger on a coach and maybe a POBO/GM. Then they'll show Pelinka the door if they are smart.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Juaan Howard had a knock-em dead interview. Don't know if he has been asked back for seconds. Everything is slowing a bit for the NBA Finals. Once that is done, the Lakers will probably pull the trigger on a coach and maybe a POBO/GM. Then they'll show Pelinka the door if they are smart.

I actually like all 3 of the main candidates for the job. In order of preference it's...

Monty Williams
Ty Lue
Juwan Howard

I wouldn't have an issue with any of the 3. I would bump Howard over Ty Lue, but Howard has no HC experience.

As far as a POBO, I'm hoping the reports that they already know who it is are true.

For Pelinka, I don't care one way or the other. While there are rumors that other teams don't like him, he may have some "ins" with other players from his days as an agent.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like all 3 of the main candidates for the job. In order of preference it's...

Monty Williams
Ty Lue
Juwan Howard

I wouldn't have an issue with any of the 3. I would bump Howard over Ty Lue, but Howard has no HC experience.

As far as a POBO, I'm hoping the reports that they already know who it is are true.

For Pelinka, I don't care one way or the other. While there are rumors that other teams don't like him, he may have some "ins" with other players from his days as an agent.
I dont want howard. No prior head coaching experience. No thanks.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont want howard. No prior head coaching experience. No thanks.

Meh. He's wouldn't be my first choice, but I wouldn't have a problem with it. Even great head coaches have been first time head coaches somewhere.

What matters is...can he coach, can he get the players to buy in? If he can do that, it won't matter how much experience he has.

Having said that...if we didn't have Lebron, he might be my first choice. But we do, which drops him to 3rd because of the lack of HC experience.