• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Hall of Fame Ballot

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly the type of thinking i'm ridiculing. I don't care who you are and who you would vote for. when you start demanding someone lose a vote they legally acquired, because you disagree with who they vote for, I'm gonna call out that thinking.

Like the idiocy that is calling for the loss of voting privileges because you didn't vote for Mariano Rivera, or next year Derek Jeter. If I had a vote I might not vote for either player, because they're getting in with or without my vote.
But we aren’t talking about Rivera or Jeter or any real individual.

The only reason to not vote for Bonds is due to steroids. The only reason to not vote for Clemens is due to steroids. If you vote for neither, I get it. If you vote for both, I get it. Splitting the vote is either trolling or some personal vendetta.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But we aren’t talking about Rivera or Jeter or any real individual.

The only reason to not vote for Bonds is due to steroids. The only reason to not vote for Clemens is due to steroids. If you vote for neither, I get it. If you vote for both, I get it. Splitting the vote is either trolling or some personal vendetta.

Agreed.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly the type of thinking i'm ridiculing. I don't care who you are and who you would vote for. when you start demanding someone lose a vote they legally acquired, because you disagree with who they vote for, I'm gonna call out that thinking.

Like the idiocy that is calling for the loss of voting privileges because you didn't vote for Mariano Rivera, or next year Derek Jeter. If I had a vote I might not vote for either player, because they're getting in with or without my vote.

So wouldn't necessarily vote for the best/most deserving players on the ballot?

2zny9du.jpg

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I choose to make my own decisions, not follow along like some mindless sheep. If being a mindless sheep appeals to you, then go for it.

Your decision is idiotic if you wouldn't vote for players who you know are HOF worthy...

That's like saying 'I'm not going to vote for Jacob DeGrom for Cy because I know he's going to win anyway.'

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one should vote for Mariano Rivera since he's getting.....

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm changing my ballot.

Rick Ankiel
Juan Pierre
Darrel Oliver
Jon Garland
Derek Lowe
Kevin Youkilis
Vernon Wells
Freddy Garcia
Travis Hafner
Jason Bay

I'm voting for them since they won't make it.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, Placido Polanco is not a HOFer.

I do think he's a better candidate than Vizquel though.

except he is not... Strawman is not a bad thing... is someone known to be the BEST of an era at something?? Vizquel, is the best of an era defensive SS... that is enough to make people think he deserves it...

Polanco, is not the best of an era at anything... nor was he a great player...

Not saying I think he should be in, just saying I understand why people would vote for him...

I don't understand anyone voting for placido...

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vizquel was also a pedestrian hitting shortstop especially for his era, whereas Polanco at least had a few very solid years offensively to go along with very good defense. Vizquel doesn't really have a peak (though he did have a very good 1999 season).

I don't think either are close to being HOF worthy.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vizquel was also a pedestrian hitting shortstop especially for his era, whereas Polanco at least had a few very solid years offensively to go along with very good defense. Vizquel doesn't really have a peak (though he did have a very good 1999 season).

I don't think either are close to being HOF worthy.

I don’t disagree that they are both not hofers. But the comparison between the two is misleading.

The reason Vizquel is even in question is because of his defense. It’s a strawman reasoning. Polanco has no reason to even be in question. It’s like comparing Tim Raines with Bernie Williams(bad example, but still)

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I can respect Vizquel's defensive game but I really don't think he's a Hall of Famer. He has 64.3% of votes thus far though so who knows?

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t disagree that they are both not hofers. But the comparison between the two is misleading.

The reason Vizquel is even in question is because of his defense. It’s a strawman reasoning. Polanco has no reason to even be in question. It’s like comparing Tim Raines with Bernie Williams(bad example, but still)

I wouldn't vote for either, but it's closer than a lot of people think...

It all comes down to what you value more. If Vizquel was an A on defense and C on offense, Polanco might be a B+ on defense (had a +136 career FRAA) and B/B- on offense.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't vote for either, but it's closer than a lot of people think...

It all comes down to what you value more. If Vizquel was an A on defense and C on offense, Polanco might be a B+ on defense (had a +136 career FRAA) and B/B- on offense.

again, it is not close... It is all about titles... One is the BEST defensive SS(premium position) of an era... the other was just a very good player... doesn't matter how close they were...

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again, it is not close... It is all about titles... One is the BEST defensive SS(premium position) of an era... the other was just a very good player... doesn't matter how close they were...

I'm talking about overall playing ability that they were close. Vizquel obviously has a better HOF chance but wasn't a much better player. Polanco actually has a better career FRAA than Vizquel, as Vizquel for the second half of his career was living off of his reputation from early on, even when he was no longer a good fielder (somewhat similar to guys like Griffey and Torii Hunter).

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking about overall playing ability that they were close. Vizquel obviously has a better HOF chance but wasn't a much better player. Polanco actually has a better career FRAA than Vizquel, as Vizquel for the second half of his career was living off of his reputation from early on, even when he was no longer a good fielder (somewhat similar to guys like Griffey and Torii Hunter).

Yea, but who cares about all around play... Neither would be in question if they were not SS, and Vizquel not if he wasn't great defensively...

Honestly i am kind of surprised Mark Belanger is not in the HOF, or at least had a better showing in the voting...