• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 FA thread

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a simple solution, to a complex issue.

The sooner we start the search for the next Jim, the better.

This Jim. That Jim.

Your Jim. His Jim.

but no Slim Jim because you don't want to mess around with him.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players who fit what Bob Quinn wants in a playmaker

Even if the Lions acquire a corner in free agency, they will still likely be looking to add playmakers through the draft.

In 2018, Boston College’s Hamp Cheevers co-led the NCAA with seven interceptions. Other notable ball-hawking corners in this class include Washington’s Byron Murphy and Vanderbilt’s JoeJuan Williams, who each had four interceptions. Murphy would require a first-round pick to acquire, while Williams should come off the board on Day 2 and Cheevers on Day 3.

In 2017, Appalachian State’s Clifton Duck ranked near the top of the turnover list with six interceptions, while Troy’s Blace Brown and Central Michigan’s Sean Bunting each had five that season. All should be Day 3 options.

One more corner of note is James Madison’s Jimmy Moreland, who has 18 career interceptions, six of which he returned for touchdowns. He could find his way into the back-end of Day 2 despite not being invited to the NFL Combine.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Jim. That Jim.

Your Jim. His Jim.

but no Slim Jim because you don't want to mess around with him.
You don't spit into the wind.

You don't pull the mask off the Ol' Longer Ranger.

And you don't mess around with Jims.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be shocked to the core if KC CB Steven Nelson only gets 10M per yr avg. I think a team with $$$ to spend gives him 13-14 per yr avg.

I've been wrong all along. See my thoughts on signing Eric Reid for 2-3M per yr or whatever I stated. Reid got a 3 year 22.5M contract but I don't know the guaranteed $$$$$

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
R.I.P. Tahir "TD" Whitehead

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offseason Low Down: 2019 NFL Team Needs - Fantasy Columns

On Miami’s defensive front, aging DEs Wake and Hayes are free agents, Robert Quinn and Andre Branch are release candidates, and 2017 first-round pick Charles Harris has shown nothing.

Robert Quinn Contract Details, Salary Cap Charges, Bonus Money, and Contract History | Over The Cap

NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Robert Quinn

BB_72; you can click on the "statistics" tab in that OTC link. He's still relatively young and has been healthy the last two years. I wouldn't make him a priority level FA but a possible 2nd wave FA to look at. Many of us, on this board, were hoping for BQ to go after his namesake. He did miss 8 & 7 reg. season games respectively in 2015 & 2016.

Once the Lions miss out on Trey Flowers, J. Clowney, D. Lawrence maybe they should take a look at BQ II as a possible rotational DE paired with RFA Romeo Okwara

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@broncosmitty

Offseason Low Down: 2019 NFL Team Needs - Fantasy Columns

Linebacker: The Raiders’ second-level play on defense is a perennial weakness, highlighted in 2018 by MLB Tahir Whitehead’s pass-coverage struggles – no linebacker in football was burned for more TDs (7) – and Oakland’s league-low 59 tackles for loss.
He wouldn't have hurt our team. Whitehead being a reason the Raiders had the league low in tackles for loss is laughable.

Like Cooter being the problem with our offense.

They got one of those on Ebron?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions can Never have enough Quinn's or Quin. Especially a Robert Quinn squared. At least this version (the football player) of a Robert "Bob" Quinn has proven to have a High Football IQ.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No.

However, Ebron did have the leagues 3rd most drops.

I think the 13 TD's can cancel out all of those drops Ebron is/has been plagued with.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Colts having all that cap space to spend should go after DE Trey Flowers (pair him with Sheard) and WR Golden Tate (it's in that rotoworld breakdown also) and RB Le' Veon Bell.... imo

Rotoworld also suggested that Ballard should try to sign FA CB Steve Nelson also.

The Colts could be a very dangerous team with those signings.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^^

but BQ will piss away another pick on a worthless QB prospect that he could've gotten as a UDFA

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions can Never have enough Quinn's or Quin. Especially a Robert Quinn squared. At least this version (the football player) of a Robert "Bob" Quinn has proven to have a High Football IQ.

He was a better player and a much bigger need and he fell into our lap fucking Mayhew :mad2:. Suh and Quinn would have been a dream come true and now we have a 2nd chance. Get it done Bob :hope:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wouldn't have hurt our team. Whitehead being a reason the Raiders had the league low in tackles for loss is laughable.

Like Cooter being the problem with our offense.

Whoa.

Super Mod Powers

or those Russian Hackers

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit Lions mailbag: Here's who I'd pick at No. 8 in NFL draft

How many starters (when everyone was healthy) from the 2018 team do you think will not be on the team next year? - @31_jlp

These are the decisions the Lions will finalize in the next week or two, perhaps after their pre-combine draft meetings this week. I don’t expect free-agent tight ends Luke Willson or Levine Toilolo back.

Defensive coordinator Paul Pasqualoni conveniently left out Glover Quin's name when talking this week about leaders in the secondary, perhaps the latest clue Quin is on the chopping block.

I think T.J. Lang’s return is all about his health, as he’s already said he’d be willing to take a pay cut.

Ziggy Ansah has probably played his final game in Detroit given his inability to stay on the field.

And lastly, I know I’ve suggested Marvin Jones as a trade candidate, but that only makes sense if the Lions find a replacement. So the Lions should have 15-20 new players on their roster in 2019, and at least a half-dozen of those will be starters.