• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 FA thread

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highest WR Drop Rates in 2018:
1. Devin Funchess: 13.9%
2. Laquon Treadwell: 13.2%
3. John Ross: 12.1%
4. Keelan Cole: 10.0%
5. Randall Cobb: 9.8%
6. Demaryius Thomas: 9.0%
7. Kelvin Benjamin: 9.0%
8. Corey Davis: 8.9%
9. Golden Tate: 8.8%
10. Antonio Callaway: 8.6% pic.twitter.com/esI8hEJg9I

— RotoUnderworld (@rotounderworld) February 5, 2019

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^

Those two posts above are from the comments section of Pride of Detroit not something I looked up or found.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still on the train of signing

RFA DE Okwara at 2nd round tender. He'll cost slightly above 3M for this coming year or another team has to give us a 2nd round pick to sign him.

DL Ricky Jean Francois. da' Shawn Hand stated how much of a mentor RJF was and maybe he can give 1 more year at a vet minimum or bump it up to 2m for the year. If a DT falls to us in the draft as a BPA and need then fine go that route.

RB Zack Zenner. When given the opportunity he has provided solid reps and at this point the only true RB is KJ. Riddick has never had nor will he ever be a quality RB3 and damn for sure nit a RB2. I've already stated all of his deficiencies. 4+M for what he provides can come much cheaper and younger in the draft, imo

CB Kareem Jackson as a temporary band-aid for CB 2 versus running out Lawson another year on the outside. Alford got a 3 year 22.5M contract that could total 24M with incentives but his guaranteed money was only 8.950M. I see about the same for Kareem as they both are nearly the same age but Jackson has been slightly better overall the last couple years. You keep Lawson at least until cuts in camp come along so as to have him as depth even though he may not be considered as quality depth or if he shows anything as a viable S/Nickel CB/reserve emergency CB 2 keep him for the last year of his contract. Draft at least one CB 2 in the upcoming draft and ease him into reps to get him acclimated and some confidence.

The big get of FA hopefully is Trey Flowers and if not maybe DE Robert Quinn or DE Preston Smith might fit into BQ's/MP's scheme. The latter may not.

Slot WR without spending over 5M per yr and a contract that you could easily get out of in 1-2 years. I like Old lion's idea of John Brown but Bevell's system didn't give a lot of targets WR3. That alone could be difficult just from a money aspect and how limited a WR3 might play into scheme. If a player comes available in the draft and the value is there then draft one.

Someone like TE Jesse James, if possible to a 2-3 yr contract, whereas you can get out of the contract by year two if necessary with little dead money. Obviously draft the future No.1 TE.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Philadelphia Inquirer doesn't expect the Eagles to re-sign free agent CB Ronald Darby.
Darby is recovering from November ACL surgery. He has a chance to be ready for training camp but it sounds like he won't be back with the Eagles. 25-year-old Darby graded as a top-40 corner at PFF in the nine games he was healthy. He should land a one-year, prove it deal.

Source: Philadelphia Inquirer & Daily News
Feb 16, 2019, 6:23 PM

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^

Darby might still command top dollar even though coming off the ACL but he missed 8 games in 2017 too.

Top 40 PFF for nine games. not top 30. not top 20. and sure as hell not top 10. somewhere between 31-40.

Ronald Darby: Career Stats at NFL.com

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll pass on a back to back year injured CB coming off a November 2018 ACL tear

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my, let the bashing begin. @broncosmitty you're up first.

Did people see what Kyle Van Noy said?
"I’m going to repeat what my friend said so I don’t get in trouble," Van Noy said. "He’s like, ‘You went from the toilet bowl to the Super Bowl.’"

Van Noy later added: "When I got there, it was like, they had a plan for me it seemed like. That plan got bigger with how I played. With that being said, I didn’t know that to begin with because I’d been in Detroit, where I was kind of told ‘We don’t know where to put you.’ And I’m like, ‘Well, why did you draft me?’ You know what I mean? I had my own coach telling me ‘I don’t know where to put you.’ That’s kinda crazy."

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"I’m going to repeat what my friend said so I don’t get in trouble," Van Noy said. "He’s like, ‘You went from the toilet bowl to the Super Bowl.’"

Van Noy later added: "When I got there, it was like, they had a plan for me it seemed like. That plan got bigger with how I played. With that being said, I didn’t know that to begin with because I’d been in Detroit, where I was kind of told ‘We don’t know where to put you.’ And I’m like, ‘Well, why did you draft me?’ You know what I mean? I had my own coach telling me ‘I don’t know where to put you.’ That’s kinda crazy."

I don't think this is news really. Van Noy being miscast was obvious to everyone. He is actually the player everybody thought he would be once he got into a scheme that could actually use him.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this is news really. Van Noy being miscast was obvious to everyone. He is actually the player everybody thought he would be once he got into a scheme that could actually use him.

It's rare that a player is so outspoken like this to a media type. That is what caught my eye not so much what Lion's fan thought.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's rare that a player is so outspoken like this to a media type. That is what caught my eye not so much what Lion's fan thought.

He has been all over the place since they won the SuperBowl. He even went after some media people who he felt gave up on the team too early.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not a surprise. Good coaches coach the talent they have, in positions, places and moments where that talent can excel. The Lions don't usually hire those coaches.

Marinelli maybe. But he didn't have talent to work with.

Not that difficult to realize what a player is good at and to find as many ways as possible to exploit those attributes. "Doesn't fit the system" is code for "im not that good at coaching".

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB is the GOAT on account of his ability to recognize situations to get specific players into. His "system" is just that.

That fugger will reinvent his philosophy week by week as far as style. Has to be a real blessing to go from a shitshow to his super-mega-variety show.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still on the train of signing

RFA DE Okwara at 2nd round tender. He'll cost slightly above 3M for this coming year or another team has to give us a 2nd round pick to sign him.

DL Ricky Jean Francois. da' Shawn Hand stated how much of a mentor RJF was and maybe he can give 1 more year at a vet minimum or bump it up to 2m for the year. If a DT falls to us in the draft as a BPA and need then fine go that route.

RB Zack Zenner. When given the opportunity he has provided solid reps and at this point the only true RB is KJ. Riddick has never had nor will he ever be a quality RB3 and damn for sure nit a RB2. I've already stated all of his deficiencies. 4+M for what he provides can come much cheaper and younger in the draft, imo

CB Kareem Jackson as a temporary band-aid for CB 2 versus running out Lawson another year on the outside. Alford got a 3 year 22.5M contract that could total 24M with incentives but his guaranteed money was only 8.950M. I see about the same for Kareem as they both are nearly the same age but Jackson has been slightly better overall the last couple years. You keep Lawson at least until cuts in camp come along so as to have him as depth even though he may not be considered as quality depth or if he shows anything as a viable S/Nickel CB/reserve emergency CB 2 keep him for the last year of his contract. Draft at least one CB 2 in the upcoming draft and ease him into reps to get him acclimated and some confidence.

The big get of FA hopefully is Trey Flowers and if not maybe DE Robert Quinn or DE Preston Smith might fit into BQ's/MP's scheme. The latter may not.

Slot WR without spending over 5M per yr and a contract that you could easily get out of in 1-2 years. I like Old lion's idea of John Brown but Bevell's system didn't give a lot of targets WR3. That alone could be difficult just from a money aspect and how limited a WR3 might play into scheme. If a player comes available in the draft and the value is there then draft one.

Someone like TE Jesse James, if possible to a 2-3 yr contract, whereas you can get out of the contract by year two if necessary with little dead money. Obviously draft the future No.1 TE.
Riddick should've been moved to the receiving corps 4 years ago. Start him in the backfield and send him in motion if it's a LB youre hoping to get in coverage. But is not and never has been an NFL caliber ball carrier.

Zenner was ready to retire. But him being healthy enough to play, ended Abdullah's tenure. That's telling.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a surprise. Good coaches coach the talent they have, in positions, places and moments where that talent can excel. The Lions don't usually hire those coaches.

Marinelli maybe. But he didn't have talent to work with.

Not that difficult to realize what a player is good at and to find as many ways as possible to exploit those attributes. "Doesn't fit the system" is code for "im not that good at coaching".

Marinelli was too busy manufacturing toughness and teaching pad level to coach up anything else.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Restricted free agents from other teams the Lions could target in 2019

Brennan Scarlett, EDGE, Texans
Scarlett is a “heavy” edge in the mold of Eli Harold or Devon Kennard. At 6-4 and 263 pounds, he can set a hard edge while lining up with either a hand in the dirt or as a strongside OLB depending on the scheme.

His 2018 got cut short with an ankle injury, but the 26-year-old Stanford product does have some power-to-speed pass rush ability and can reliably cover in a short zone or zone blitz. Romeo Crennel’s defense in Houston is readily translatable to Matt Patricia’s base schemes in Detroit, which would make an easy transition. Scarlett is also a proven performer on special teams.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Restricted free agents from other teams the Lions could target in 2019

Geronimo Allison, WR, Packers

Briean Boddy-Calhoun, DB, Browns

George Fant, OT, Seahawks

Eli Rogers, WR, Steelers

BB_72; some peculiar choices, imo, as you have a choice of a CB similar to Lawson, an injured WR, a RFA WR (depends on tender), an injured OL that has had one year of being an alleged quality OL.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just posting anything to catch up to that 66,000+

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2