• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 FA thread

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting a FA thread as well by request. I think we will be very active this year. Too many holes to fill and lots of money to spend.

Leave your hopes and expectations here.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the first contribution from the other thread

@Old Lion a 2019 FA thread would be good ?

My first thoughts on FA would be to sign Pit TE Jesse James but nothing drastically more than what his teammate Vance McDonald is receiving currently. right about 5-6M avg per year and still draft a TE.

My other want is Washington DE/OLB Preston Smith. I wanted him coming out of Miss State back in 2015. he might be somewhat costly but I like him more than Trey Flowers. If you could get Smith for around 11-12M per year MAX I'd be happy.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions will have to compete with the glitz of NYC. The Jets have about $119M to spend. Where would you go? NYC or DET?

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions will have to compete with the glitz of NYC. The Jets have about $119M to spend. Where would you go? NYC or DET?

Would depend on who the Jets get for coaches. Most players know its a business. They will do what benefits their careers. I dont think most will give a crap about the rest. The few that do you probably dont want because they will not be focused on their job.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you post a list of the top free agents to choose from for an easy to reference guide?

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you go to my stats thread.

OL, CB, WR and backup RB are the biggest needs on the team.

So any guys at those positions that are kind of youngish and not going to break the bank. I would be more than happy with.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you go to my stats thread.

OL, CB, WR and backup RB are the biggest needs on the team.

So any guys at those positions that are kind of youngish and not going to break the bank. I would be more than happy with.

With Ansah here, DE is our biggest need, and since even Jesus Christ himself couldn't save Ziggy's job here, I think DE is by far
- #1 number one with a bullet.

If we even stick with a 4-3 base at this point. Depending on what's available in the draft and FA, I could easily see us becoming a base 3-4 team.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for the NFL to get user friendly. Let the fans pick the teams #1 selection. Use one of those gambling sites, have the fans pay a small fee and let them make a pick during the draft (real time). What would it hurt? 50/50 chance that the "experts" in the Lions' organization will screw up the pick anyway...so let the fans have a shot. You clowns couldn't do any worse than the (soon to be) SD Lions' bozos.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone is still living in 2008 I see.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you'll have to click on Position you're looking for. It's not working when I strictly try to put up LT, RG, DE or any specific position.

operator's fault or dumbness. I take the latter.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely some LBs worth taking. I wouldnt mind having TJ Yeldon instead of Blount at RB. Some of the O-line especially the right side are decent too.

I'd rather have Bama RB Josh Jacobs but it would take our 2nd round pick and yet he might still go before that. It wouldn't be a wasted pick but rather a pick that could be used elsewhere.

Josh Jacobs has rubber bands for tendons and ligaments in his ankles. He's arguably the best pass-pro ready RB in this entire class. He has very good hands out of the backfield and has lined up as an x, y, z wr and excelled when thrown his way. He's an excellent downfield blocker when outside the tackle box. and he'd be cheaper than Yeldon but would cost that draft slot. Maybe he drops to latter 2nd round or early 3rd round.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This class of skilled positions is high in quantity but extremely lacking in quality. imo.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have Bama RB Josh Jacobs but it would take our 2nd round pick and yet he might still go before that. It wouldn't be a wasted pick but rather a pick that could be used elsewhere.

Josh Jacobs has rubber bands for tendons and ligaments in his ankles. He's arguably the best pass-pro ready RB in this entire class. He has very good hands out of the backfield and has lined up as an x, y, z wr and excelled when thrown his way. He's an excellent downfield blocker when outside the tackle box. and he'd be cheaper than Yeldon but would cost that draft slot. Maybe he drops to latter 2nd round or early 3rd round.

I am just concerned in that I dont see the RB talent in this draft that we had the last couple years. I like the defensive talent and want the draft to concentrate on that and use FA on offense.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any input or thoughts on bringing Okwara back ? I didn't see enough games (5) to get a good enough read on him.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see the following players get cut...………… DM=Dead Money...…………..CS=Cap Savings

RG...….. TJ Lang...…………….....……………. DM-2.67M...…………….CS-8.67M..always injured
FS...…… Glover Quin...…………………………. DM-1.67M...…………...CS-6.25M.. lost a step and contemplated retiring last 2 yrs.
CB...….. Nevin Lawson...…………………….. DM-1.125M...…………..CS-4.15M..nothing needs to be said here
SS...….. Tavon Wilson...………………………. DM-0.875M...…………..CS-2.95M..terrible in coverage-misses too many tackles
OG...…. Kenny Wiggins...……………………. DM-0.375M...…………...CS-2.75M..shouldn't be on anyone's roster
LB...….. Christian Jones...…………………... DM-0.875M...……………CS-3.00M..desperation signing/was never a coverage LB
RB...…. Theo Riddick...……………………….. DM-0.925M...…………...CS-3.425M.. I get it with some still wanting him and he's good at pass-pro with good hands and can be great in space when he gets the ball but he's not a spell the RB type.
There's other RB's out there who can provide as much as he does for less $$$$$ imo. He's averaged 55 rec the last 3 with an avg. of almost 400 rec yds.

I doubt Riddick gets cut.

If you add the cap savings above with all being cut it adds roughly 31.2M to an already effective cap space of slightly more than 34.5M. Replacing Riddick might be tough at first but there's a few late round RB's in this draft that project similar to his style and how they were used in CFB.

S T. Wilson is nothing more than an injury backup and ST player.
LB Jones could be replaced fairly easily in the draft.