• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Commit List (in OP) and General Recruiting Thread

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got burned last year by a couple non qualifiers

yep, they didn't want to take the risks this year... even though Fair claims he has a B average (which is might true) it seems Nebraska has had some different conversations and felt the need to move on.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said in the Q&A thread the question about Tony Fair's academic situation has been fluid, that said, sounds like Nebraska's coaches decided they didn't want to hold a spot open for him in case his grades DID check out and they have chosen to move on and Fair is opening up his recruitment. Kid is well spoken and really wanted to be a Husker, sad for him, but it is what it is. I'll be removing him from the commitment list.

Yep. I about shed a tear reading this

Recruiting Ticker: Juco DT Fair reopening recruitment; visiting OLB Barno 'extremely dynamic' | Recruiting | journalstar.com

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another small update... Pola-Gates is likely out for Bama, USC doesn't have a DB coach currently so they are on the outside looking in. So it comes down to home-state school Arizona State and Nebraska. Nebraska beat out proximity with Wandale... can they with Gates? Gonna be interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some big decisions gonna be happening on Wednesday.

Ty Robinson is getting an in-home with Frost and Co tonight, I think we're gonna try to bring it home with a commitment. I honestly think Brant Banks is a back up option for if Robinson goes elsewhere, so keep an eye on that. Robinson announces on Wednesday but I think he likely decides before then.

Pola-Gates is going to pull the trigger on Wednesday as well but wants the schools to keep it quiet until the Polynesian Bowl in January. However, it will become pretty obvious who he chose before then. If you don't see Nebraska or ASU hosting any more secondary guys in January, it's gonna be a signal. If Pola-Gates does make a decision on Wednesday then that means Bama is definitely out of the running.

Amare Barno is visiting Virginia Tech this weekend, his choice is down to us or them. Big visit to get for Va Tech. He will also be signing/deciding on Wednesday. Stinks that they get the last visit.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, can't someone at NU get it fixed that the Bo pic doesn't come up when kids search to do their tweets?

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Ty Robinson loves his Mom.
2. The coaches got a picture and Mom is in it, she is smiling, and so is Ty.

I am thinking this just might be a commitment. Then again, in the recruiting world, things can change, Just ask Kentucky.

crimsontater

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is this just a nebraska recruiting thread?

btw, bama looking at taking one more db, so the rumor goes

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Word it is, but your scoop is relevant, thanks for puttin in yo

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

maybe, but it doesn't look like it will be Gates at this point.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he’s from Greenville for fucks sake...makes about as much cents as a kid from Lincoln going to play out of state when he has an NU offer

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On the college football forum there is a STICKIED thread about recruiting. There is an active Alabama fan base and I am sure the Alabama Forum talks about recruiting. I have never visited that forum. It could be like the Texas forum where no one posts anything on the forum, they post all their stuff in the General Football forum for attention.

Since it is the Nebraska forum, most of us have no clue about Alabama or USC or Texas or Utah, etc. Footballnut probably does. I can't speak for the others, but I won't be able to add anything on any Alabama recruit unless Nebraska and Alabama are going after the same one.

Such as, Ty Robinson. I suppose he could choose Alabama, but Alabama already has a strong D line class, and with the upper classmen there that are probably next in line, I don't think Alabama has a shot here.

But then, if his goal is to get a ring for a National Championship, then his best bet is Alabama at this time. Things change. Just ask UCF.

crimsontater

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks, thats why i asked.

my very first college football game to see live was, nebraska vs bama at legion field, 1978. i'll never forget it.

good luck guys. hope frost can get the huskers back among the elite, where they belong.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barno committed to Virginia tech today... Decent get for them, not a devastating blow for us. Wills have provided depth but not a game changer.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barno committed to Virginia tech today... Decent get for them, not a devastating blow for us. Wills have provided depth but not a game changer.
Bud Foster is a good constant for them, plus he's originally from Scar anyhow isn't he?

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clouse from Husker Online (rivals) was on the radio today with Severe... Said he thought things were trending in the right direction with Gates and that if Nebraska gets his Cousin to visit and even commit that that could be the thing that makes the deal.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wednesday

This is the second year of the early signing day. Which will become the de facto National Signing Day soon, replacing February. If it hasn't already.

The student athletes that sign today are eligible to enroll in January.(i think) Which gives a young man a big lead into possibly playing as a freshman. I suppose it also gives them a chance to decide if it was a good or bad decision and then transfer away before the season starts, which doesn't penalize that much.

I would think enrolling in January, when it is not football season, gets the young man used to college and the academic part of it. A lot less pressure than classes and practice and games. I still remember my freshman year and how confused and overwhelmed I was.

Hoping no nasty surprises. That last class of Riley's did not turn out well with the coaching change. I think all the offensive skill players from that class either left the team, or could not even crack the four deep. Gebbia could have, but he probably saw the big difference in his play style compared to Adrian's and i think he made the correct choice in transferring.