• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Coaching Carousel

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will take anyone? Any takers on a coaching trade? A dead guy could’ve coached our team better than Ernie.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gut feeling says Wes Miller is a good coach, but I'm not entirely thrilled with his resume. No P6 coaching experience and one team to finish in the kenpom top 100. He has done a terrific job of turning around UNCG, but I would like to see more

Kace-1

Game of Thoops!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be sure to send your resumes in to College Station.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're so fucked. They're offering 6 to 7 mil PER year

have to hope that the allure of coaching in the ACC will be too much for A&M to overcome

could also see Texas getting involved here if they get rid of Smart

best of luck, Hokie bro

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have to hope that the allure of coaching in the ACC will be too much for A&M to overcome

could also see Texas getting involved here if they get rid of Smart

best of luck, Hokie bro

Supposedly his family likes Blacksburg and he has young kids. That's probably our best hope. But he's from Texas (like an hour away from College Station) and that's a shit ton of money. Those kiddos may like their elementary school but they'll love those extra millions in a trust fund when they get older a lot more. I'd say we probably have like a 10% chance of keeping him. :(

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly his family likes Blacksburg and he has young kids. That's probably our best hope. But he's from Texas (like an hour away from College Station) and that's a shit ton of money. Those kiddos may like their elementary school but they'll love those extra millions in a trust fund when they get older a lot more. I'd say we probably have like a 10% chance of keeping him. :(

sucks, but y'all should be legit again next year

Clarke + Blackshear coming back guaranteed. Wilkins is a promising young player

good recruiting class

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sucks, but y'all should be legit again next year

Clarke + Blackshear coming back guaranteed. Wilkins is a promising young player

good recruiting class

Well there's still rumors Clarke might not be back. There's nothing official yet. And if Buzz leaves, Blackshear might go pro (overseas at least) since he's already graduated. If he does leave, I'm hoping we can get an established coach that'll hold things together. Gregg Marshall is my dream scenario (though unlikely) but I think Mick Cronin would be a good possibility.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there's still rumors Clarke might not be back. There's nothing official yet. And if Buzz leaves, Blackshear might go pro (overseas at least) since he's already graduated. If he does leave, I'm hoping we can get an established coach that'll hold things together. Gregg Marshall is my dream scenario (though unlikely) but I think Mick Cronin would be a good possibility.

still have Landers Nolley, right?

but man, Clarke + Blackshear leaving if Buzz doesn't come back would be tons of bad luck

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still have Landers Nolley, right?

but man, Clarke + Blackshear leaving if Buzz doesn't come back would be tons of bad luck

It's assumed we do but no official word on that either. He's enrolled in classes and is around the team.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only real good firing from yesterday was UNLV getting rid of the mistake from years ago....

Lets just hope this AD get's it right this time and brings this program back to what it use to be long ago

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a guy that’s never taken a team to the final four?!!
Hell, that happens all the frickin' time...and even more so in football it seems! Hell, they even throw millions at a coach prior to even winning a conference title much less making the CFP.

Maybe even worse in the NFL. Explain Coach GQ to the Arizona Cardinals?

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only real good firing from yesterday was UNLV getting rid of the mistake from years ago....

Lets just hope this AD get's it right this time and brings this program back to what it use to be long ago

They actually got it right the first time in that cycle, hired Chris Beard

Texas Tech ended up taking him and kind of screwed UNLV in the process

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George Washington should hire Ryan Odom

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a better job with you guys right now, sir.

I'm not sure if I agree sir. We are a very bad basketball program, if he left we would immediately drop to just better than San Jose State in the MWC unless we somehow struck gold.

Washington State has at least had success before (albeit with Tony Bennett) and is in a power conference that is absolutely wide open

Also I must say, I have not seen you on here in years sir....it is good to see you again!