• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Predictions Thread

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It said I went over the 12,000 character mark. That's a lie, Notepad++ said 7,829 characters without line breaks.

Word said I had 10,379 with spaces.

I couldn't paste all of my predictions in one post.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sun, Dec 29, 2019

486. Oklahoma City Thunder Toronto Raptors
487. Sacramento Kings Denver Nuggets
488. Charlotte Hornets Memphis Grizzlies
489. Houston Rockets New Orleans Pelicans
490. Dallas Mavericks Los Angeles Lakers

Mon, Dec 30, 2019

491. Atlanta Hawks Orlando Magic
492. Miami Heat Washington Wizards
493. Milwaukee Bucks Chicago Bulls
494. Brooklyn Nets Minnesota Timberwolves
495. Detroit Pistons Utah Jazz
496. Phoenix Suns Portland Trail Blazers

Tue, Dec 31, 2019

497. Boston Celtics Charlotte Hornets
498. Philadelphia 76ers Indiana Pacers
499. Los Angeles Clippers Sacramento Kings
500. Denver Nuggets Houston Rockets
501. Golden State Warriors San Antonio Spurs
502. Cleveland Cavaliers Toronto Raptors
503. Dallas Mavericks Oklahoma City Thunder

Wed, Jan 1, 2020

504. Orlando Magic Washington Wizards
505. Portland Trail Blazers New York Knicks
506. Minnesota Timberwolves Milwaukee Bucks
507. Phoenix Suns Los Angeles Lakers

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure about the Boston-Indiana game on 12/11.

I might also change some predictions once Zion comes back. The Pelicans-Nuggets one on 12/25 might be one of those.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. basketball-reference.com.

I'll post the exact part in a minute.

2. I then paste it into Notepad++.

3. I then copy it from Notepad++, and paste it into Word.

4. I the set it as a numbered list.

5. I then paste it back into Notepad ++.

6. I then remove all of the dates. I then remove all of the times.

I then paste what's left back into here, and start BOLDing the teams.

I know I'm missing the "at" in between the teams, but I think I've done everything else that I can to fit it into your preferred format style.

Here's where I copy December games from.

December 2019-20 NBA Schedule and Results | Basketball-Reference.com

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wed, Dec 11, 2019

356. Houston Rockets at Cleveland Cavaliers
357. Boston Celtics at Indiana Pacers
358. Los Angeles Lakers at Orlando Magic
359. Los Angeles Clippers at Toronto Raptors
360. Charlotte Hornets at Brooklyn Nets
361. Atlanta Hawks at Chicago Bulls
362. Memphis Grizzlies at Phoenix Suns
363. New Orleans Pelicans at Milwaukee Bucks
364. Oklahoma City Thunder at Sacramento Kings
365. New York Knicks at Golden State Warriors
366. Utah Jazz at Minnesota Timberwolves

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did you pick Boston? Indiana's record isn't great, but I feel like that's a tough one to pick.

Also, maybe Indiana can still turn it around.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was the last time Minnesota vs. Utah, with Anthony-Towns and Gobert starting, was on national TV?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was the last time Minnesota vs. Utah, with Anthony-Towns and Gobert starting, was on national TV?

I might pick Minnesota. But if I do so, it will be before tip off.

I have absolutely no confidence in the JazZ right now in December*. In January, good confidence. In February to April, I have a lot of confidence. In May and beyond, so so because I am a pessimist. But I guess simply saying “and beyond“ shows some confidence.

* When I say no confidence in December, I am talking about any particular game. They can lose to anybody**. Over a span of 10 games, even though we have been really bad recently, I still expect to win 6 to 7 at least, partly because of schedule.

** I know anyone can lose to anyone on any given night, but it still doesn’t mean I don’t have more confidence in someone else beating someone else that they eventually lose to. So for them, I would be surprised, but for us, no.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did you pick Boston? Indiana's record isn't great, but I feel like that's a tough one to pick.

Also, maybe Indiana can still turn it around.

Just because. They have a better record.

But you’re right, Boston is 7-5 on the road and the Pacers are 9-3 at home. So I will probably get this wrong.

The question is, do you see Boston as a 7-6 road team or the Pacers 10-3 home team? I see Boston more of an 8-5 road team and the Pacers a 9-4 home team.

I know it doesn’t make sense for an individual game because it should round out throughout the season, as Larry bird says.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. basketball-reference.com.

I'll post the exact part in a minute.

2. I then paste it into Notepad++.

3. I then copy it from Notepad++, and paste it into Word.

4. I the set it as a numbered list.

5. I then paste it back into Notepad ++.

6. I then remove all of the dates. I then remove all of the times.

I then paste what's left back into here, and start BOLDing the teams.

I know I'm missing the "at" in between the teams, but I think I've done everything else that I can to fit it into your preferred format style.

Sorry I didn’t see this until now. If you have a preference that is easier for you, let me know. Last year, I used to have all the winners in front. That makes it easier for compiling, but since I haven’t been the best at compiling, I thought to try it your way. Sometime during last season, you talked about just bolding the winner. Or maybe you were just thinking out loud? Maybe that wasn’t preferential. Whatever you would like to do, is fine by me. If you don’t want to number them, you don’t have to. I just thought it made it easier when we discuss things. And it sort of tells me how far we are in the season because we know the total number of games.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t you ask me why I picked Toronto in some game?

I basically pick them up if they’re playing any team that’s OK. But since they lost Leonard, I usually pick the other team when they’re playing someone good. And then I’m usually wrong because they have a pretty good record.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because. They have a better record.

But you’re right, Boston is 7-5 on the road and the Pacers are 9-3 at home. So I will probably get this wrong.

The question is, do you see Boston as a 7-6 road team or the Pacers 10-3 home team? I see Boston more of an 8-5 road team and the Pacers a 9-4 home team.

I know it doesn’t make sense for an individual game because it should round out throughout the season, as Larry bird says.

I see Boston as a better road team, and Indiana not as good of a home team as they currently are.

So I think we agree.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I didn’t see this until now. If you have a preference that is easier for you, let me know. Last year, I used to have all the winners in front. That makes it easier for compiling, but since I haven’t been the best at compiling, I thought to try it your way. Sometime during last season, you talked about just bolding the winner. Or maybe you were just thinking out loud? Maybe that wasn’t preferential. Whatever you would like to do, is fine by me. If you don’t want to number them, you don’t have to. I just thought it made it easier when we discuss things. And it sort of tells me how far we are in the season because we know the total number of games.

Well, if you have them numbered when you put them back in the spreadsheet, then I'll number them.

I want to make it was easy for you too, since you're hosting and calculating the predictions game.

Question though, if each line has the date and time, does that get in the way for you? That can save some time, if I don't have to remove them.

But if it gets in the way and you don't have the date and time in your spreadsheet, then I'll keep removing them.

I think having the winners in front is harder. Now that I have a place where I can copy and paste games from, in an order, then it's easier to keep the teams in the format that they list them, rather than winners first.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might pick Minnesota. But if I do so, it will be before tip off.

I have absolutely no confidence in the JazZ right now in December*. In January, good confidence. In February to April, I have a lot of confidence. In May and beyond, so so because I am a pessimist. But I guess simply saying “and beyond“ shows some confidence.

* When I say no confidence in December, I am talking about any particular game. They can lose to anybody**. Over a span of 10 games, even though we have been really bad recently, I still expect to win 6 to 7 at least, partly because of schedule.

** I know anyone can lose to anyone on any given night, but it still doesn’t mean I don’t have more confidence in someone else beating someone else that they eventually lose to. So for them, I would be surprised, but for us, no.

You didn't answer my question as to when the last time Minnesota vs. Utah was on national TV. :)

I think the big man matchup is interesting, so I want to know. Did this ever occur when both Gobert and Anthony-Towns were starters? Do we have to go back to the Al Jefferson, Paul Millsap, or Carlos Boozer eras?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a close game, and Indiana won. Looks like I was right to be concerned about that one.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't answer my question as to when the last time Minnesota vs. Utah was on national TV. :)

I think the big man matchup is interesting, so I want to know. Did this ever occur when both Gobert and Anthony-Towns were starters? Do we have to go back to the Al Jefferson, Paul Millsap, or Carlos Boozer eras?

I have watched maybe a total of two or three games on TV if you add bits and pieces together over the past few years. And every game I watch is on the local network. So I have no idea about national games, especially when it is in regard to a specific team.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have watched maybe a total of two or three games on TV if you add bits and pieces together over the past few years. And every game I watch is on the local network. So I have no idea about national games, especially when it is in regard to a specific team.

We'll have to get the list of national TV scheduled games for the past few years, and see. :)

Yes, this won't account for in-season changes, but it's a decent starting point.

Do you mean "two or three games on national TV"? Or have you really just been watching bits and pieces of games, even on the local network, the past few years?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thursday, December 12, 2019

367. Philadelphia 76ers at Boston Celtics
368. Cleveland Cavaliers at San Antonio Spurs
369. Dallas Mavericks at Detroit Pistons
370. Portland Trail Blazers at Denver Nuggets

nuraman00