• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, part of the reason I don't attend more games, concerts, etc. live is because I hate crowds. If I ever went to New York, I'd have to learn to levitate.

I don't mind it once everyone is in their seats and the game, concert, etc. is going on.

But before and after (especially after), I'm the guy moving through the crowd as fast as I can weaving in and out of people. A couple of my friends say I'm probably the world record holder for the "Getting The Fuck Out Of A Crowd As Fast As Possible" category. lol
That's me.....Getting out of a Crowd Challenge when all this dies down?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3,850 people have died in the US so far

So to the experts out here. When do you think the 100k numbers happens

or the 250k

this is far from being close to being over
and while this is possible, it's also possible the "experts" throw out these numbers to pat themselves on the back if they fall well short of them.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw that. Like with so many things, the American government is wrong. There's no way that happens with the measures we are taking. Only way that happens is if deaths accelerate from here, with all the measures being taken. Instead of decelerating like they are now.
They are underpromising to overdeliver.
But whatever, if it feels good to panic go on ahead.
wouldn't say will never happen and I'm more concerned than I once was. then again, I'm a recovering hypochondriac (was "symptom free" for more than 5 years before this). But I lean to the under.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Steven A and Windhorst are the go to guys to when the government will allow the NBA to start

nobody on this planet knows when this is going to end

every expert has said they dont know exactly

this is just starting
Yet you seem sure it's season over because of what Canada has done?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you are all right

I would love to be able to watch the Raptors right now

Im just pointing put that as big as the NBA is to us, this pandemic trumps any of it.

the NBA is very low on the importance list right now
doubt anyone disagrees with this.....maybe sub Raptors for their team or another fav.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are wrong

when they have orders in place for certain amounts of people in 1 area they will stop it
"Orders in place"?

Right or wrong (and it might be wrong) this essentially has been close your business and don't go out...unless you really feel you need to stay open and go out.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 issues with golf:

Money exchange and carts

If you walk the course and find a safe way to do the money exchange, it is safe. Most people use carts though. That presents some real social distancing problems.
also need to be careful getting ball out of the hole. Don't touch the cup.

whoa...that's what she said.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key here is what measures is the league taking to make sure players remain cleared?

Being corona free in March is nice, but it isn’t helping us get back to NBA games unless we can insure NBA personnel remain corona free.
Exactly...no guarantee they aren't like so many others and have gone to stores, bank, etc. Need another full quarantine and then another test to be safe.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got another month of this corona shit

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're an idiot, got it.

And for as smart as Gilbert is that you claim him to be, how has he had Lebron for 11 total years on the Cavs, and mustered 1 NBA title?
Because when he had Lebron the first time it was with no cap room and not with 2 other elite players (one already there)?

Playing a team some consider among best ever each time in Finals when he was able to add Lebron to other all stars didn't help

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's NOT a death sentence for almost anyone under 60 and healthy. And even the over 60 and unhealthy don't all die when they get it. Yes there are examples of young people getting it and dying, just like young people sometimes die of plenty of shit every year.

This is primarily a risk to older and/or unhealthy people. They are people too, and we need to protect them. But we should get a grip on what this is. And this is why, once we start to get things back to some kind of normal (maybe in May?), we do not need to freak out and lock everything down again when a new pocket crops up in some city. We need to target the second wave outbreaks tactically, not shut everything down again.

Getting back to normal is as important as managing the death toll. We cannot function like this for too long. The cure is literally worse than the disease.

I'd add to that because it isn't the same everywhere, we will see some areas begin their return to normalcy earlier than others.

Some because they were hit earlier and some because they weren't hit as hard.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The cure is literally worse than the disease"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Trump has trained you well.
Boy George buying a house on Fire Island

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because when he had Lebron the first time it was with no cap room and not with 2 other elite players (one already there)?

Playing a team some consider among best ever each time in Finals when he was able to add Lebron to other all stars didn't help

Yeah, while Lebron does deserve some criticism for his finals record. One has to take into consideration that his losses with the Cavs had some pretty unusual circumstances that we are unlikely to see again any time soon.

In his first stint, they had Lebron and that was it.

In his second stint, he just had the bad luck to run into the Warriors just as they turned into a super team. Then, when they actually lost a finals, they went out and added KD to become a super duper team.

Lebron's a great player, but no one's that great. lol

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing i hate about with the way the media is covering this is how there is almost zero talk about the people who recover from this which is much more than the % of people dying.
How about the fact that most people that get it barely feel sick. Like most of the NBA players, who didn't even know they had it
I guarantee some of us posters have had it and not known.