• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat depth was fine last night lol.

Missing 4 rotation guys didn't help so your point is kinda irrelevant. Kelly was the only disappointment last night from the bench. I have no idea what point you're trying to make.

Okpala is our 2nd round pick and doesn't figure to be in the rotation much. Likely spend most of the season in the G-league and Silva is our 2 way player who going to end up in the gleague real soon but 2 of the 3 guys who normally will come off the bench/be in the rotation played great. Heat got 34 points from Dragic and Robinson
offense was certainly not the problem.

The heat shot just about 50% from the field and were 42% from 3--- and made 15 three's.

21 turnovers is what i would call the problem. 9 turnovers between Nunn and Herro. Rookies are of course not going to be consistent but Herro had a real stinker of a game.

i dont know why Leonard is playing, let alone starting.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its not often a team shoots 42% from 3, and hits 15 3's that they lose in today's modern game.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The outstanding depth you kept talking about was guys 9-12. Those guys barely did more than I did. Even 8-12.

You are making excuses now for guys you thought were studs because they had a good game. Own it.

You realize only 2 players who falls between 8-12 played right and one of them balled out right? What is so hard to understand?

I'm not making excuses. 2 of the 3 bench players who figure to get playing time when we're healthy played damn well. The other did not

Dragic had 21
Robinson had 13
Kelly had 2

Once again our 2nd round pick and our 2 way player won't play much this season.

I'll ask again, what is hard to understand?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
offense was certainly not the problem.

The heat shot just about 50% from the field and were 42% from 3--- and made 15 three's.

21 turnovers is what i would call the problem. 9 turnovers between Nunn and Herro. Rookies are of course not going to be consistent but Herro had a real stinker of a game.

i dont know why Leonard is playing, let alone starting.

Wiggins got hot. Only reason the Heat are not 3-0 but yeah Herro didn't play great.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO so you rather Dame get called for a foul where he clearly stripped the ball?

Makes sense
Actually, yeah. close enough could have considered the foul was his reaching around to knock the ball away. I don't like being able to challenge fouls.

Might they miss some like they have for all of bball eternity? Sure.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize only 2 players who falls between 8-12 played right and one of them balled out right? What is so hard to understand?

I'm not making excuses. 2 of the 3 bench players who figure to get playing time when we're healthy played damn well. The other did not

Dragic had 21
Robinson had 13
Kelly had 2

Once again our 2nd round pick and our 2 way player won't play much this season.

I'll ask again, what is hard to understand?
Yet just the other night you said how great the depth was because of guys you now call G-leaguers (your 2nd round pick and 2-way player). Not gonna own it, huh?

And your contention all along was how great 9-12 were.......9-12 last night even when they are all back did next to nothing.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, yeah. close enough could have considered the foul was his reaching around to knock the ball away. I don't like being able to challenge fouls.

Might they miss some like they have for all of bball eternity? Sure.
i didnt watch a whole lot of the game on Saturday since i had a firm event, but my brother said that Thompson looked really good and had some new moves.

plus, of course, he hit the first 3 pointer of his career. Apparently he has been working on it and developing a 3 pt shot. If he can get it to the point where he is semi-efficient with it, itll be a nice little addition to his game.

I expect the Cavs will be a very bad defensive team this season- but the first 2 games they have looked pretty solid defensively to my surprise.

Beilein was the right hire at the right time.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet just the other night you said how great the depth was because of guys you now call G-leaguers (your 2nd round pick and 2-way player). Not gonna own it, huh?

And your contention all along was how great 9-12 were.......9-12 last night even when they are all back did next to nothing.

Silva and Okpala do not fall in the 9-12 part of the rotation. What the hell don't you understand? They played 5 bench guys and 2 of them are going to end up in the gleague most of the season.

Once again, I have never mentioned Silva or Okpala ever when I discussed how deep the Heat are. I intentionally left out 4 players on the roster when speaking of how deep Miami are.

There is nothing to own you clown. Okpala and Silva will barely played this year. The other 3 who is a part of the bench mob combined for 36 points.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didnt watch a whole lot of the game on Saturday since i had a firm event, but my brother said that Thompson looked really good and had some new moves.

plus, of course, he hit the first 3 pointer of his career. Apparently he has been working on it and developing a 3 pt shot. If he can get it to the point where he is semi-efficient with it, itll be a nice little addition to his game.

I expect the Cavs will be a very bad defensive team this season- but the first 2 games they have looked pretty solid defensively to my surprise.

Beilein was the right hire at the right time.

I wouldn't say TT has developed his shot...on both 3's he attempted he took them bc the shot clock was running down. He still doesn't have a jumpshot but he has some really nice post moves. He has obviously been working hard on his post game and it shows. Through 2 games averaging 21 ppg 12 rpg 2 bpg. I don't expect him to keep up the 20 ppg, but if he can be a reliable guy in the post to score, this team might be better than expected. He is leading the team in points...even through 2 games that is a shock.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggins got hot. Only reason the Heat are not 3-0 but yeah Herro didn't play great.
I mean I guess. Wiggins being "hot" was 50% from the field and 40% from 3....what the Heat were as an entire team.

Wiggins had a good game- but 25 points, 6 boards, 0 assists and 50% from the field is not exactly a "we won because of this guy" game.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously....i mean the crackpot was crowing about Whiteside's 3 assists -- and of course in the other 2 g ames he played he had zero.

its early. relax.

for example- Sexton looked like shit the first 2-4 weeks last season and then looked absolutely great. its October. The season has almost 6 months left.
And no mention of whiteside fouling out last night with Porzingis having his way with him.

Funny since I was told TT was the guy who cannot stop bigger, better Cs.

Now for me it's just one game, but if you choose to be reactionary game to game at least own it when it doesn't go your way.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And no mention of whiteside fouling out last night with Porzingis having his way with him.

Funny since I was told TT was the guy who cannot stop bigger, better Cs.

Now for me it's just one game, but if you choose to be reactionary game to game at least own it when it doesn't go your way.

Porzingis had a great game, only watched a little bit of the game but Porzingis was just pulling up from 3 without a contest. Impossible cover at that size, especially with his range. Fun player to watch

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silva and Okpala are 2 guys who going to be in the gleague probably. Good luck finding anywhere me or any other heat fan acted like Silva/Okpala is a part of this bench depth we spoke about.

No DJJ
No Waiters
NO JJ

Are you stupid?

And you going to ignore that the Heat got 34 from 2 players from the bench with 2/3 important bench pieces missing
You were crowing about Silva and Okpala after one good game and now you realize they are just G-leaguers after one bad game?

wouldn't call you stupid, but irrational, emotional and reactionary sure fits.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I guess. Wiggins being "hot" was 50% from the field and 40% from 3....what the Heat were as an entire team.

Wiggins had a good game- but 25 points, 6 boards, 0 assists and 50% from the field is not exactly a "we won because of this guy" game.

Usually when a guy score 16 points in the 4th quarter of a game (basically all in the final 6 minutes) that was tied, they're usually the reason their team won.

Yeah you clearly didn't watch the game...Looking at a box score and making stupid assumptions as always.

League Pass is free until Tuesday bro. Do us a favor and actually watch some games for once in your life instead looking at box scores and thinking you know how that game played out

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were crowing about Silva and Okpala after one good game and now you realize they are just G-leaguers after one bad game?

wouldn't call you stupid, but irrational, emotional and reactionary sure fits.

I never said a word about either you fucking liar.

Go find a post where I mentioned anything about either

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say TT has developed his shot...on both 3's he attempted he took them bc the shot clock was running down. He still doesn't have a jumpshot but he has some really nice post moves. He has obviously been working hard on his post game and it shows. Through 2 games averaging 21 ppg 12 rpg 2 bpg. I don't expect him to keep up the 20 ppg, but if he can be a reliable guy in the post to score, this team might be better than expected. He is leading the team in points...even through 2 games that is a shock.
Yeah that wont continue. I would say best case is something like 14 and 12 for him. Probably will be something like 12 and 10.

I've always considered him at least a solid defender solely for his ability to switch onto guys on the perimeter as well or better than most centers.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right...and I'm sure there was someone who played much better than expected who without that performance Miami loses in Milwaukee and are 1-2.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right...and I'm sure there was someone who played much better than expected who without that performance Miami loses in Milwaukee and are 1-2.

It is life in the NBA. I'm just stating facts.

Even Wolves fans will admit the same thing I'm saying. It was pretty obvious to anyone who watched the final minutes of that game that Wiggins won it.

Once again, usually scoring 16 points in the 4th quarter of a close game mean you won it for your team.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously....i mean the crackpot was crowing about Whiteside's 3 assists -- and of course in the other 2 g ames he played he had zero.

its early. relax.

for example- Sexton looked like shit the first 2-4 weeks last season and then looked absolutely great. its October. The season has almost 6 months left.

Im pretty sure that when Whiteside gets the ball near the rim, the Blazers aren’t looking for him to kick it back out.

Only person who has issues with Whiteside right now is you, which really is no suprise.

As far as the Heat, obviously Cavs fans don’t watch, so shouldn’t comment.