• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time the Lakers started off with 2 wins in the first 3 games?

2010-11...

Nine years ago

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. I mean yeah, if we hot tub time machine the 90's Bulls, Showtime Lakers, or Birds Celtics, they may not. By the same token, if you drop a team from today, into those eras, they'd also struggle.

But if those same teams, with those same players came up playing the way the game is played now, they'd be just as good. I'd wager that the same would hold true for today's players if they came up playing like they did in the 80's and 90's.

Agree with the second part, totally disagree with the first.

Way too much is made about the physicality difference. It would cause players to adjust for sure. Players today are just more skilled and analytics has made team concepts a lot more efficient. Time machine the best teams of today to the 80s and 90s and they would be more likely to dominate than to struggle. Worst case would be hard fought battles with the best teams from those eras.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By tough, most folks are talking about how physical the game was. That would be tough for today's players because they aren't used to it. I mean, the famous McHale clothesline on Rambis was just a regular foul back then. Today, he'd be looking at a long suspension and fine.

Here is the problem with that assumption though.

Just because NBA games have legislated our the non basketball plays and the contact does not mean today’s players don’t know how to deal with it.

They all play pick up games. You can’t excel in pick up basketball unless you learn how to deal with hand checks and physical play. The top players have experienced this plenty. Just not on an NBA court. They played this way coming up.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's fine, he's projecting
Wiggy is very tightly wound and takes sports, and his opinions about them, very seriously. And that's not unusual, he's a single guy in his 20s, sports are very important to him

So in his mind, he thinks posting that will bother me, like it's some devastating comeback. Because it would bother him. Obviously it's no big deal, the dynasty is over and we won 3 rings and went to 5 finals in a row. Even if I was still young and heavily invested I wouldnt care that they are struggling this year

It's weird, I guess I still hope he will grow up and use his considerable sports knowledge in good faith, he would be a good poster. But he'd rather be a clowny piece of shit.

He'll get a girlfriend and mellow out at some point.

If you really wanted to crush him,

You could have responded with the Browns game summary.

That would have sent into a massive tailspin.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We Cavs fans told you chumps that Cuckovich would never win another title without Duncan, and at this rate Curry will never win another ring without Durant (and he’ll retire without a FMVP).

Steph Curry can't even lead Draymond and DLo to mediocrity lol, give him Boobie Gibson and Jamario Moon and let's see what happens.

So far Curry and Kerr are getting fucking exposed.

@tlance can stop hyping if they only had green for 1 game now...Green sucks and honestly so does Curry

You do realize that even if they go 0-82 it has zero bearing on what would have happened in ‘16 right?

I mean you do understand that?

What you have always failed to comprehend is that Klay and Draymond were far more valuable to the Warrior system than Kyrie and Love were to Cleveland’s. Prime LeBron has proven he can drag a group of scrubs to the Finals and even win a couple games once there. The Warriors relied on all their major pieces more because of their style.

If you understood anything, you would recognize that the Dubs probably would have won the title last year without KD if they had a healthy Klay for the whole series.

I have always said LeBron was far and away the best and most impactful player in those matchups. I have always said Curry is not good enough to carry a mediocre team. I have also always said the Warrior team was better than the Cavalier team.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially for a guy who grew up like Butler.

Homeless, foster care.....

It's amazing he's made it as far as he has.

Jimmy Butler was 13 years old when his life could have turned for the worst. Most kids are running around, focused on school and girls while enjoying life to the fullest. Not Butler – Jimmy was scared because he didn’t have any place to go.

The Remarkable Jimmy Butler Story

“I DON’T LIKE THE LOOK OF YOU. YOU GOTTA GO.”

Those were the last words that the Chicago Bulls guard remembers his mother saying to him before he was kicked out onto the streets to survive all alone. He had no family around to take him in, he had no money, he had nothing at this point.

From Homeless to NBA Star: The Jimmy Butler Story

What an asshole.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I know.
It is what it is.
I'm okay with that.

Seriously though, it is way too early to draw definitive conclusions.

These games happen in January and they are no more than a footnote.

The Warriors obviously miss Klay. It is possible they end up sucking all year. But it is also highly possible they turn things around and end up being a scary playoff team.

Let’s give it some time before we write the obituary.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-1 without your best player and 2 other rotation players. I'll take it

Hoping to have Jimmy and Waiters back on Tuesday

Do you really want Waiters back?

If so, why?

He seems like he doesn’t want to be there. More minutes for Herro and Nunn with Waiters out of the picture.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Told you losers Curry was an overrated can.

Overrated in terms of can he carry a bad team like a Russ, LeBron or AD could do?

Yes. Probably.

Overrated in terms of his impact on making a really good team great?

No, I don’t think he is.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really want Waiters back?

If so, why?

He seems like he doesn’t want to be there. More minutes for Herro and Nunn with Waiters out of the picture.

He's better than duncan Robinson who minutes he'll likely take with Nunn beinga starter. Also there's not much they can do with him for now. It is best if he returns and plays well so he either opt out this summer or increase his trade value

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's better than duncan Robinson who minutes he'll likely take with Nunn beinga starter. Also there's not much they can do with him for now. It is best if he returns and plays well so he either opt out this summer or increase his trade value

You aren’t concerned about chemistry through?

I would be.

Rather give those minutes to the young, hungry guys.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aren’t concerned about chemistry through?

I would be.

Rather give those minutes to the young, hungry guys.

As much as I'm not a fan of Waiters, he looked great off the bench in the preseason before he started acting like a bitch. Someone going to be disappointed because when he & JJ are back then Spo going to have to give at least 2 guys DNP CD nightly because when healthy theres 12 players who should be in the rotation.

Just can't see the heat benching a player like Waiters. Limiting his minutes is the best we can hope for

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much will the Pelicans beat the Warriors by tonight?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Steph Curry is not going to be CLOSE to an MVP candidate - just as i said. On a great team- his game is amazing. On a team that he has to carry- NOT. SO. MUCH.

funny thing is- that with Draymond and DLo, he still has a better roster than LeBron had for a significant part of his career.