• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They avoided him once they found out what type of person he was.

Metta World Peace sayz hello. And rememebr former Laker Lance Stevenson whispering sweet nothings into LAbron's ear?

giphy (3).gif

Then there's former Laker Michael Beasley. I'm not saying he's a stoner. But he always looks stoned.

download (1).jpg

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just calling him would mean they did not avoid him.

what type of person is he?

To me it's clear he just lets the inmates run the asylum. Why else does Kyrie want him

And despite his allegiance to Lebron I will never grasp why Ty sat TT for so long that playoff a few years back

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guy who thinks he's better than he actually his, and thus entitled to more.
Hmmm...so he wanted to negotiate to get what he felt was a fair offer. Yeah...puts him in a class by himself alright.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it's clear he just lets the inmates run the asylum. Why else does Kyrie want him

And despite his allegiance to Lebron I will never grasp why Ty sat TT for so long that playoff a few years back
If he let the inmates run the asylum, though, wouldn't he have played that inmate?

and to be fair at this point we do not know that Kyrie wants him (Kyrie also wanted to play for Stevens at one time...doubt that makes him a bad coach). at this point, I wouldn't let Kyrie's thoughts on anyone - good or bad - carry much weight.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers gave him a fair offer. He felt entitled and wanted more.
He didn't accept the first offer?

does that ever happen?

Probably what he really felt was he doesn't "need" the job and if it isn't under his terms he'd rather not take it. Like most would do in any profession under the same circumstances.

As a recruiter this happens all the time where a fair offer is not accepted for any number of reasons. But I never thought someone who was made such an offer after a lengthy interview was "avoided".

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't accept the first offer?

does that ever happen?

Probably what he really felt was he doesn't "need" the job and if it isn't under his terms he'd rather not take it. Like most would do in any profession under the same circumstances.

As a recruiter this happens all the time where a fair offer is not accepted for any number of reasons. But I never thought someone who was made such an offer after a lengthy interview was "avoided".

Lakers offered 3 year $18m with the condition Jason Kidd would be his main assistant

Lue wanted 5 years $25m guaranteed and said no to Jason Kidd

Lakers said thanks but no thanks.

Lue got pissy and felt insulted. His main reason was "He won a championship so deserved more"

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers offered 3 year $18m with the condition Jason Kidd would be his main assistant

Lue got pissy and felt insulted. His main reason was "He won a championship so deserved more"
Or Lakers said take it or leave it and Lue said thanks but no thanks.

Want to say you think he's an awful coach.....didn't want him......great you got Vogel instead.....wouldn't be where you are without Vogel? OK. But made Lue an offer while avoiding him?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A coaches record can look deceiving. I think Lue's in that category. He had LeBron. When you have a player of that caliber that can carry a team all the way to Finals it's hard to judge how good of a coach he really is.

Look at Luke Walton. When he was filling in for Kerr he looked like a genius due to the stacked Warriors team. Then he struggled as the Lakers coach.

I do think Lue deserves another chance to coach though. Hopefully he gets that opportunity at some point.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or Lakers said take it or leave it and Lue said thanks but no thanks.

Want to say you think he's an awful coach.....didn't want him......great you got Vogel instead.....wouldn't be where you are without Vogel? OK. But made Lue an offer while avoiding him?

Lue didn't say thanks but no thanks. He was "insulted" by the offer. After which the Lakers just laughed in his face and moved on

Additionally, somebody else said the Lakers avoided Lue, not me. Ask him whats up if you disagree with that statement.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A coaches record can look deceiving. I think Lue's in that category. He had LeBron. When you have a player of that caliber that can carry a team all the way to Finals it's hard to judge how good of a coach he really is.

Look at Luke Walton. When he was filling in for Kerr he looked like a genius due to the stacked Warriors team. Then he struggled as the Lakers coach.

I do think Lue deserves another chance to coach though. Hopefully he gets that opportunity at some point.
Yep...not even saying he's a great coach or will succeed elsewhere. who knows? Can also use the flipside of Walton and look at Kerr. He didn't just get dumb this season.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He absolutely does. For a team like the Hawks, Pistons, Suns or Wolves.

For him to come prancing in one of the most successful teams in league history and start bitching about contract length is just fucking hilarious.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lue didn't say thanks but no thanks. He was "insulted" by the offer. After which the Lakers just laughed in his face and moved on

Additionally, somebody else said the Lakers avoided Lue, not me. Ask him whats up if you disagree with that statement.
Insulted so said thanks but no thanks.

and, yes, I get someone else said they avoided Lue which was the topic. For some reason you felt the need to impart your pearls of wisdom which were baseless and off topic.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He absolutely does. For a team like the Hawks, Pistons, Suns or Wolves.

For him to come prancing in one of the most successful teams in league history and start bitching about contract length is just fucking hilarious.
I find it hilarious this "most successful team in league history" made an offer to a coach you seem to think was unworthy of the role.

But you be you.