• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Insulted so said thanks but no thanks.

and, yes, I get someone else said they avoided Lue which was the topic. For some reason you felt the need to impart your pearls of wisdom which were baseless and off topic.

Really? Because it sounds like somebody mocked your former head coach and you felt the need to defend him.

Once again you used the "Yeah but if.." argument and I countered it with what actually happened.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it hilarious this "most successful team in league history" made an offer to a coach you seem to think was unworthy of the role.

But you be you.

They made the offer to Lue because of his history with a particular player on the team, not his skills.

Someone who knew anything about basketball would know that.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Because it sounds like somebody mocked your former head coach and you felt the need to defend him.

Once again you used the "Yeah but if.." argument and I countered it with what actually happened.
He made what I'd call an incorrect statement and I corrected him. As you think you did.

No team "avoids" anyone if they interviewed him and made him a contract offer. If you disagree with that, great. Tell me why.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lue didn't say thanks but no thanks. He was "insulted" by the offer. After which the Lakers just laughed in his face and moved on

Additionally, somebody else said the Lakers avoided Lue, not me. Ask him whats up if you disagree with that statement.

I hope he challenged Pelinka to fist fight on the way out the door.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made what I'd call an incorrect statement and I corrected him. As you think you did.

No team "avoids" anyone if they interviewed him and made him a contract offer. If you disagree with that, great. Tell me why.

Game time.

Time to STFU now, dookie!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems pretty simple to me.

I don't think Lue or the Lakers were sold on each other.

Lebron likes Lue, but not enough to insist that he be the coach.

Lue wasn't who the Lakers wanted, but to appease Lebron, the Lakers threw Lue a contract that was set so that it would expire when Lebron's did and added the stipulation that Kidd had to be on the staff.

They likely figured there was a chance that he'd turn it down, but it was an offer they could live with if he didn't.

Lue wanted a longer deal and no Kidd. The Lakers never upped their offer and Lue never lowered his counter.

If the Lakers really wanted Lue, they would have raised their offer. If Lue really wanted to be the coach, he'd have lowered his counter.

Now, can we move the fuck off of coaches who aren't actually coaching anywhere?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it hilarious this "most successful team in league history" made an offer to a coach you seem to think was unworthy of the role.

But you be you.

But @Shaqdaddy11 didn't say what you're claiming.

"one of the most successful teams in league history" (15598)

And she's right.

Kinda ironic you said "but you be you". Because that's exactly what you're doing by changing up what she said. She never said- the most successful.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems pretty simple to me.

I don't think Lue or the Lakers were sold on each other.

Lebron likes Lue, but not enough to insist that he be the coach.

Lue wasn't who the Lakers wanted, but to appease Lebron, the Lakers threw Lue a contract that was set so that it would expire when Lebron's did and added the stipulation that Kidd had to be on the staff.

They likely figured there was a chance that he'd turn it down, but it was an offer they could live with if he didn't.

Lue wanted a longer deal and no Kidd. The Lakers never upped their offer and Lue never lowered his counter.

If the Lakers really wanted Lue, they would have raised their offer. If Lue really wanted to be the coach, he'd have lowered his counter.

Now, can we move the fuck off of coaches who aren't actually coaching anywhere?
We can, and this could have been avoided had a certain poster not changed the topic. I believe it's very possible everything you said was spot on. Only area I disagreed was with the poster who said everyone "avoided Lue" which clearly was not the case.

I'll be more focused on OSU, but enjoy the game!!

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But @Shaqdaddy11 didn't say what you're claiming.

"one of the most successful teams in league history" (15598)

And she's right.

Kinda ironic you said "but you be you". Because that's exactly what you're doing by changing up what she said. She never said- the most successful.
you be you, as well....

Now let them watch their game.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good first half. The stars have played to a standstill, so Clips everybody else are up by 4 on the Lakers everybody else.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
W
Good first half. The stars have played to a standstill, so Clips everybody else are up by 4 on the Lakers everybody else.
Well, the Clippers are playing at home so....