• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta disagree with on this one. At least with the Akron/Cleveland thing. Sure I'm a Cleveland sports fan. Aside from that that city can go fuck itself sideways. Okay sure I'll admit I'm biased on this topic. Fuck the city of Cleveland! :heh:

There is no love lost between some of the cities surrounding LA and the actual city of LA.

Other than following the Lakers, Clippers, Dodgers or Kings (you can count USC and UCLA as well I guess)...a lot of folks from those cities have absolutely nothing good to say about LA and won't go there unless they are attending a game.

I don't particularly hate LA, but I can't remember the last time I was there for a reason other than going to a game.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think that a healthy Clippers have to be the favorite, especially with the addition of Morris. He's a solid insurance policy against a potential Playoff P appearance.

I think the Lakers can win against the Clips, but they have to have a lot go right.

The Lakers biggest advantage vs. the Clips, imo, is their size/length (although Morris helps with some of that). In the playoffs, the game tends to slow down and become a bit more half court. If the Lakers can exploit their size...that will help a lot.

The Lakers other advantage is Lebron. He has been playing like he's on a mission. As well as he has been playing, we've all seen him take it to another level in the playoffs. If he can still do that...he's going to be damn tough to beat and if it goes to a game 7, I don't know as that I would bet against him. Although, I don't know as that I would bet against game 7 Kawhi either.

There's also, believe it or not, the "Kobe factor". The Lakers are likely to have HCA throughout the Western Conference playoffs and apparently are playing for him for the rest of the season (although I'd love to hear his assessment of last nights game lol). Late in close games, the crowd starts chanting Kobe, Kobe highlights and/or quotes start playing on the big scoreboard, etc...

Man...Lebron vs. Kawhi in game 7 of the WCF...have any of us been good enough to deserve a treat that good? lol
I agree.

But, the Kobe factor works both ways.

George and Kawhi were both closer to Kobe than Lebron. Kawhi already showed in the All-star game that he has zero plans of being upstaged in the Kobe-fest.

You have a huge advantage in AD.

None of our guys can check him.

But, that's about it...imo

Your other bigs can't stay with our small ball lineup.

Howard gonna guard Morris, Trezl or Green on the perimeter? I really hope he tries.

You will have to go small and your advantage goes bye bye.

We could say LeBron and Kawhi cancel each other out and I will give you AD against whomever.

The rest of your roster is awful. Green has been TERRIBLE.

He's one of the few players that I can say have been WORSE than George.

Who is going to mitigate the damage done by Lou, Harrell, Jackson, Shamet?

Some of the guys in our 2nd unit are much better than your starters. Plus, when Bron sits, the Lakers to into the toilet.

How do you overcome THAT?

Ps. The Clippers have a roster full of Trolls.

Beverley,Morris, Lou, Kawhi love being the bad guys.

They feed on that shit.

So, the pro Lakers crowd won't help you.

Last edited:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

George and Kawhi were both closer to Kobe than Lebron. Kawhi already showed in the All-star game that he has zero plans of being upstaged in the Kobe-fest.

Howard gonna guard Morris, Trezl or Green on the perimeter? I really hope he tries.

We could say LeBron and Kawhi cancel each other out and I will give you AD against whomever.

Some of the guys in our 2nd unit are much better than your starters. Plus, when Bron sits, the Lakers to into the toilet.

They feed on that shit.

I'd like to see the Nuggets get to the Finals. But that ain't happening. Like I've said before if 100% I don't think there's a team in the WC that can beat the Clippers in a 7 game series. The Purple 'n Gold don't have enough to upset the Staples Center real # 1 team.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

They feed on that shit.

Agree. Green made a lot of his name in the playoffs. If Playoff Green shows up, Regular Season Green won't matter. But yeah, if he keeps playing poorly, that will hurt a lot.

On the PS...I agree if it were a regular pro Lakers crowd, even a regular pro Lakers playoff crowd, I'd agree. This Kobe stuff might be a different level. It'll be fun to see.

Kawhi and PG might have been closer, but they aren't Lakers.

Having said that though, I agree that Kawhi isn't taking a back seat to any Kobe stuff. Nor should he.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Green made a lot of his name in the playoffs. If Playoff Green shows up, Regular Season Green won't matter. But yeah, if he keeps playing poorly, that will hurt a lot.

On the PS...I agree if it were a regular pro Lakers crowd, even a regular pro Lakers playoff crowd, I'd agree. This Kobe stuff might be a different level. It'll be fun to see.

Kawhi and PG might have been closer, but they aren't Lakers.

Having said that though, I agree that Kawhi isn't taking a back seat to any Kobe stuff. Nor should he.

They aren't Lakers by choice.

Being from the area, they knew the blowback was coming and clearly didn't care.

Dude, I just pray we actually get to see this matchup in the playoffs.

I wasn't joking when I said I wouldn't mind being the 4th seed.

I don't envision a scenario where either team looses in round 1, sans injury.

The 2nd round? You never know.

I don't want to wait until the WCF.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see the Nuggets get to the Finals. But that ain't happening. Like I've said before if 100% I don't think there's a team in the WC that can beat the Clippers in a 7 game series. The Purple 'n Gold don't have enough to upset the Staples Center real # 1 team.
LeBron is enough to beat any team on a game by game basis.

In a series?

No. Not against the better teams. They just don't have enough quality players to withstand the depth of some of the other teams.

As for Denver, they lack a true Superstar stud scorer.

So did the 2004 Pistons.

So, never say never.

Team > Collection of Star names on a roster

It's not a coincidence that the Celtics, Raptors are excelling right along with the Lakers and Bucks.

Same can be said about the amazing things going on in OKC.

Clippers and 76ers are an example of the opposite. You have to earn it,build chemistry, trust and not just go out and try to out talent the opposition.

Hopefully, the Clippers finally understand that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In a series?

No. Not against the better teams. They just don't have enough quality players to withstand the depth of some of the other teams.

So did the 2004 Pistons.

So, never say never.

It's not a coincidence that the Celtics, Raptors are excelling right along with the Lakers and Bucks.

Clippers and 76ers are an example of the opposite. You have to earn it,build chemistry, trust and not just go out and try to out talent the opposition.

This years playoffs going to be interesting for sure.

MIL, LAL and LAC are the clear favorites, but I wouldn’t be shocked if any of those teams got upset by somebody not on my list of 3.

Still though, I do expect 1 of the 3 to have the ring at the end.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In a series?

So did the 2004 Pistons.

So, never say never.

Unfortunately, I think given what you just pointed out, the Clips are in for a learning lesson.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shake Milton with 26 points at the half.

This Clippers defense is nasty.

Allowing 72 to the Sixers with no Simmons or EMbiid

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shake Milton with 26 points at the half.

This Clippers defense is nasty.

Allowing 72 to the Sixers with no Simmons or EMbiid

Shake has just been incredible. Amazing what can happen when someone has super high confidence.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milwaukee Bucks superstar Giannis Antetokounmpo reeled off 41 points, 20 rebounds and six assists -- in just 35 minutes -- in Sunday's 93-85 win over the Charlotte Hornets.

It was the fewest minutes played in a 40-20-5 game in NBA history, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. The previous low was 36 by Bob Pettit in 1959 and Elgin Baylor in 1960.

No skill though

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't Lakers by choice.

Being from the area, they knew the blowback was coming and clearly didn't care.

Dude, I just pray we actually get to see this matchup in the playoffs.

I wasn't joking when I said I wouldn't mind being the 4th seed.

I don't envision a scenario where either team looses in round 1, sans injury.

The 2nd round? You never know.

I don't want to wait until the WCF.

Kobe hadn't died yet either. I'm not saying that they would have chosen differently had that happened already. Just that it throws some unexpected extra emotion in it that, in theory, should favor the Lakers.

Having said that, this is a pretty unprecedented situation, so who knows how any of them will react? It brings a different kind of pressure, imo. That pressure may be too much.

I definitely want to wait until the WCF. I'll take the matchup whenever it happens because I think it's going to be a great series...but I want the pressure ramped up as high as possible. Since they can't meet in the finals, the WCF is the next best thing.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In a series?

Depends on what you mean by the better teams.

Is Lebron enough to beat the Clippers, Bucks or Celtics? No.

Anyone else? I wouldn't bet against him.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't lump the Clips in with the Sixers on this.

The Clips give next to no fucks about the regular season, they finish top 4, they're good. They've been dealing with load managing the 2 most important players on their roster in their 1st season on the team.

Sure, not giving a fuck about the regular season has probably bitten them in the ass a few times. But they just need to worry about getting into the playoffs healthy and somewhere in the top 4.

The Sixers, for as much talent as they have, are a bit of a mess. I don't know if Simmons and Embiid just can't play together...or if Brown just isn't a good enough coach to get them to play together...but something is wrong in Philly and it's completely different from the Clips.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers waive Troy Daniels.

Got to think Waiters or Jr eventually end up in LA

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers waive Troy Daniels.

Got to think Waiters or Jr eventually end up in LA

I like Troy. But he wasn't really adding anything to the team.

Have a feeling it'll be Waiters, which will be one heck of an upgrade.