• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden really doesn't have any skill on offense.

It is literally dribble dribble dribble then take a contested 3.

I can do that

LOL.

It is a terrible brand of basketball and I would hate playing with a guy like that.

But Harden’s skill set is unprecedented. He is really amazing.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won't.

So, hard to say.

Gun to my head?

Probably still Cleveland.

Lakers have a long history of winning.

Cavs only have the one.

The fact that you had to bundle multiple chips and MVP'S as a starting point of the debate pretty much tells you the answer.

With that being said, LeBron is one of the few that would fit in that category.

Shaq, Horry, KAJ all won with other teams.

But, will be most remembered for their Lakers wins.

Same can be said for a guy like Rodman.

LeBron is just a different animal.

Even now, he's most remembered for the one Cavs win over the 2 he got in Miami.

Yeah, it would definitely be interesting to see.

The fact that he grew up there and brought that city their first championship since the 50's and the Cavs their only championship ever, is really tough to beat.

On the other hand, the Lakers were going through the worst stretch of seasons in their history when Lebron joined them, so he would get credit for putting the leagues "glamour franchise" back on top. That's also tough to beat.

End of the day, I'd still lean Cleveland. Hometown boy to Hometown hero is just too good of a story. Especially when you add in what he's done off the court for that city.

Plus, I think he'll go into the the Hall of Fame as a Cav, so that would kind of settle it, imo.

I don't think we're going to get to find out, but it would be fun (for Lakers fans anyway).

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The fact that he grew up there and brought that city their first championship since the 50's and the Cavs their only championship ever, is really tough to beat.

On the other hand, the Lakers were going through the worst stretch of seasons in their history when Lebron joined them, so he would get credit for putting the leagues "glamour franchise" back on top. That's also tough to beat.

End of the day, I'd still lean Cleveland. Hometown boy to Hometown hero is just too good of a story. Especially when you add in what he's done off the court for that city.

Plus, I think he'll go into the the Hall of Fame as a Cav, so that would kind of settle it, imo.

I don't think we're going to get to find out, but it would be fun (for Lakers fans anyway).
Yeah, he's the only guy that falls into that category.

If Kawhi wins, maybe him too?

Hard to say about the Raptors chip because it could just be the recency bias.

But, his one and done there is obviously more memorable.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Dude had a stint scoring 11 ppg of less.

He usually reserves those types of performances for the playoffs.

Hopefully, he got it out of his system early...lol

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how he does with Kawhi.

In Indy, he didn't perform well as the #1.

In OKC, Playoff Russ didn't like to give up the ball much, especially late in games, so it could have been hard for him to develop a rhythm.

But, if Playoff P shows up with a guy like Kawhi, who should be able to keep much of the pressure off of him while still getting him enough touches to get in rhythm...the Clips could be in trouble.

Personally, I think playing alongside Kawhi will be just what the doctor ordered.

But I'm really hoping I'm wrong (at least if they play the Lakers). :hope:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
geeze, guess we were overdue for a whoopin'...

talk about fallin' down hard...
They were desperate, your guys were not.

That #8 seed is slipping thru their fingers with the injuries to JJJ and Clarke and the emergence of MT. ZIon.

Plus, everyone gets up for the Lakers.

On to the next one...

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how he does with Kawhi.

In Indy, he didn't perform well as the #1.

In OKC, Playoff Russ didn't like to give up the ball much, especially late in games, so it could have been hard for him to develop a rhythm.

But, if Playoff P shows up with a guy like Kawhi, who should be able to keep much of the pressure off of him while still getting him enough touches to get in rhythm...the Clips could be in trouble.

Personally, I think playing alongside Kawhi will be just what the doctor ordered.

But I'm really hoping I'm wrong (at least if they play the Lakers). :hope:
Now that we have Morris, I'm a lot less worried about George.

He's Costco PG with an attitude.

As of late, the Clips have been going to George early to get him going and it's working.

Kawhi and Lou are the focal points late and that has really helped Paul.

Dude has been WIDE OPEN.

I REALLY like the lineup of Morris, Kawhi, Jymychal Green, Jackson and Lou.

3 balls are possible from every position.

I'm pleasantly surprised to see how well Lou and Jackson work as backcourt mates.

They have been unselfish and letting everyone eat.

Looking forward to seeing both our teams play each other at full strength.

We still have a open roster spot. But, both rosters are pretty much set.

I don't see any team out West beating them if they play to potential.

Clippers have way to much fire power.

2 of our top 7 can have a bad game and the Clippers still has a great chance to win.

Obviously, a injury changes that.

Last edited:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Hometown boy to Hometown hero"

That's incorrect. LeBron isn't from Cleveland. I find it weird how often people say he's from there. He didn't grow up in Clevland. And he didn't play his HS ball in that city either.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's incorrect. LeBron isn't from Cleveland. I find it weird how often people say he's from there. He didn't grow up in Cleveland. And he didn't play his HS ball in that city either.

I think it's similar to LA. If you're from a surrounding city within a certain a radius...you're said to be from LA.

For example, Kawhi is actually from Riverside which is 90 minutes from LA. Yet, when he joined the Clippers, the narrative was that he "went home to LA".

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's incorrect. LeBron isn't from Cleveland. I find it weird how often people say he's from there. He didn't grow up in Clevland. And he didn't play his HS ball in that city either.
Close enough?

We all know he's actually from Akron.

Like TF12 said...

We consider the Suburbs and surrounding areas as being from LA.

Especially if it's in LA County.

Up North?

Nah.

That might as well be a different state.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big week for the Clippers @Mecca

Would have been bigger if Embiid wasn't hurt

Sixers
Thunder
Rockets
Lakers

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's similar to LA. If you're from a surrounding city within a certain a radius...you're said to be from LA.

For example, Kawhi is actually from Riverside which is 90 minutes from LA. Yet, when he joined the Clippers, the narrative was that he "went home to LA".

I gotta disagree with on this one. At least with the Akron/Cleveland thing. Sure I'm a Cleveland sports fan. Aside from that that city can go fuck itself sideways. Okay sure I'll admit I'm biased on this topic. Fuck the city of Cleveland! :heh:

#akronvs.everyone (wanna fight about it?)

I had no idea Kawhi grew up 90 minutes away. Thought for some reason he from somewhere much closer. That's like someone from Cincinnati saying their from Columbus. About 90 minutes apart.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big week for the Clippers @Mecca

Would have been bigger if Embiid wasn't hurt

Sixers
Thunder
Rockets
Lakers

Yep.

Gonna show where they are as a team.

Like I said earlier, I am fascinated by the way Jackson and Lou have been able to coexist.

It's still the honeymoon phase. But, I want to see how he matchup against the triplets in OKC.

They have one he'll of a three headed monster in that backcourt.

Damn, the Lakers face the Clippers and the Bucks?

Both teams are thought to be their biggest obstacles.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta disagree with on this one. At least with the Akron/Cleveland thing. Sure I'm a Cleveland sports fan. Aside from that that city can go fuck itself sideways. Okay sure I'll admit I'm biased on this topic. Fuck the city of Cleveland! :heh:

I had no idea Kawhi grew up 90 minutes away. Thought for some reason he from somewhere much closer. That's like someone from Cincinnati saying their from Columbus. About 90 minutes apart.
Los Angeles is HUGE.

Most folks from Cali just say they are from LA to curb confusion.

If I said I was from Diamond Bar, West Covina or Palmdale, most people would ask "where the fuck is that?"

So, it's just easier.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Close enough?

We all know he's actually from Akron.

Like TF12 said...

We consider the Suburbs and surrounding areas as being from LA.

Especially if it's in LA County.

Up North?

Nah.

That might as well be a different state.

Okay didn't know about the surrounding suburb thing. Makes sense. One thing I noticed from living in the Vegas area was seemingly 95% of the SoCalers I met all said they were from the OC. Well first I had to ask what the hell's the OC?. I'm now convinced that Orange County has to be the biggest county in the damn country.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Los Angeles is HUGE.

Most folks from Cali just say they are from LA to curb confusion.

If I said I was from Diamond Bar, West Covina or Palmdale, most people would ask "where the fuck is that?"

So, it's just easier.

The closest I ever got to Los Angeles was Death Valley. Hey at least I can say I've been to California right?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hear you, but I do think it is a little different.

The bigger the city, the bigger the radius. 90 minutes from LA or NYC can still claim those cities, IMO. Because the suburban sprawl is almost endless.

I grew up in the DC suburbs and it really is about 45 minutes to an hour into VA before you get out of those DC suburbs. Maryland is a little different because Baltimore is an hour north of DC.

Not sure where Cleveland/Akron falls into this.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that we have Morris, I'm a lot less worried about George.

He's Costco PG with an attitude.

As of late, the Clips have been going to George early to get him going and it's working.

Kawhi and Lou are the focal points late and that has really helped Paul.

Dude has been WIDE OPEN.

I REALLY like the lineup of Morris, Kawhi, Jymychal Green, Jackson and Lou.

3 balls are possible from every position.

I'm pleasantly surprised to see how well Lou and Jackson work as backcourt mates.

They have been unselfish and letting everyone eat.

Looking forward to seeing both our teams play each other at full strength.

We still have a open roster spot. But, both rosters are pretty much set.

I don't see any team out West beating them if they play to potential.

Clippers have way to much fire power.

2 of our top 7 can have a bad game and the Clippers still has a great chance to win.

Obviously, a injury changes that.

Yeah, I think that a healthy Clippers have to be the favorite, especially with the addition of Morris. He's a solid insurance policy against a potential Playoff P appearance.

I think the Lakers can win against the Clips, but they have to have a lot go right.

The Lakers biggest advantage vs. the Clips, imo, is their size/length (although Morris helps with some of that). In the playoffs, the game tends to slow down and become a bit more half court. If the Lakers can exploit their size...that will help a lot.

The Lakers other advantage is Lebron. He has been playing like he's on a mission. As well as he has been playing, we've all seen him take it to another level in the playoffs. If he can still do that...he's going to be damn tough to beat and if it goes to a game 7, I don't know as that I would bet against him. Although, I don't know as that I would bet against game 7 Kawhi either.

There's also, believe it or not, the "Kobe factor". The Lakers are likely to have HCA throughout the Western Conference playoffs and apparently are playing for him for the rest of the season (although I'd love to hear his assessment of last nights game lol). Late in close games, the crowd starts chanting Kobe, Kobe highlights and/or quotes start playing on the big scoreboard, etc...

Man...Lebron vs. Kawhi in game 7 of the WCF...have any of us been good enough to deserve a treat that good? lol