• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a decent 3 pt shooter... but that's not the point...

... the point is that he's a not a dangerous guy that you "have to" stop in any other way...

... so why on earth would you ever let a guy like that just shoot? (which is your clear suggestion)
My suggestion was many of those guys are not the greatest 3 point shooters and they shot far better than they could ever hope to shoot....probably even in a gym by themselves.

Kind of weird you say here my "clear suggestion" was they let them shoot but you also said I implied they hit their shots "despite a strong defensive effort".......never mind in my original comment I said I didn't know as I did not see the game.

Trying to have it both ways, kid?

On Friday you correctly called me out for making comments that were off base. Of course, I manned up and admitted my error. Why is it you are acting like a child and cannot do the same, kid? Your "logic" is all over the place.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My suggestion was many of those guys are not the greatest 3 point shooters and they shot far better than they could ever hope to shoot....probably even in a gym by themselves.
Malik Beasley can make 3's all day long in a gym by himself.

You. Sound. Nuts.

I should know... I've seen Beasley shoot in a practice gym. I taught at the high school both he and Kobi Simmons went to... (St Francis - Georgia)

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you remember when there was debate over who was better between Kuzma and Tatum?

Ummmm, errrrrr, various sounds of hesitation.

I knew it was the Kyrie factor when Jason plateaued last year.

But, damn...

He and Brown are better two way players than I gave them credit for having the potential to be.

Kuzma is Cedric Ceballos/Sharif Abdur Rahim.

Bit hard to compare their fullest of abilities though.

Yes, Tatum is miles better, absolutely no doubt. But Kuz has been playing with Lebron and AD. His touches go down, his numbers go down. He's not going to be putting up the same type of numbers if he was the first or second option.

In a way, same happened to guys like D'Lo and Ingram. Below average players who became All-Stars when they moved on and got more responsibilities on their new teams.

Again, I take Tatum 99 times out of 100 though.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dtgold88 just says stuff.

:noidea: :D
Yeah...better I just contradict myself, huh (but not own up that I did so, of course). You know, like when you say here my "clear suggestion" was they let them shoot, but you also said I implied they hit their shots "despite a strong defensive effort"

If SportsHoopla bookie wants to put it in there, I'd start at 55-1 you own up to this.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"slightly above avg." not exactly far off from mediocre, is it?
Yeah, it is.

Below average would be mediocre.

Kevin Love is a career 37 % from 3.

Do you consider that mediocre?

I most certainly do not.

Let's give the kid a full Season of starting at shooting guard before we put him in either category.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 2 seed is gonna matter too... looks like it's gonna be the difference between playing Indy/Philly round 1 or playing Nets/Magic.
Also puts off playing the Bucks as long as possible

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malik Beasley can make 3's all day long in a gym by himself.

You. Sound. Nuts.

I should know... I've seen him shoot in a practice gym. I taught at the high school both he and Kobi Simmons went to... (St Francis - Georgia)
You do get malik Beasley was not the only player who was in this game, right? You really think it was just bad D that caused every shooter not named Culver to hit at least 50% of his 3s?

Never mind you say here my "clear suggestion" was they let them shoot but you also said I implied they hit their shots "despite a strong defensive effort"

so in your world "let them shoot" = "strong defensive effort"?

You are priceless.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it is.

Below average would be mediocre.

Kevin Love is a career 37 % from 3.

Do you consider that mediocre?

I most certainly do not.

Let's give the kid a full Season of starting at shooting guard before we put him in either category.
This is fair, but Beasley shot well above his average and guessing you know there were other players in the game. All but Culver hit 50% or better from 3.

Some times guys just get hot.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmfao!!!

tenor.gif

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do get malik Beasley was not the only player who was in this game, right? You really think it was just bad D that caused every shooter not named Culver to hit at least 50% of his 3s?
You suggested the Clippers game plan should have been to "let guys shoot".

Again: that's not only dumb because most NBA teams got guys like Beasley who can shoot (especially when you play them in a way that concedes the shot)... but because there's no need to game plan like that against a poor team like Minny.

Why pack it in against them? They don't have Shaquille O'Neil on the inside.

All of this bad arguing by you just to try to escape the clear explanation here: The Clippers dropped a turd and didn't play defense.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...

Fuck
Listen, the front office is fucking with you guys.

They trotted this Dude out there like he was a savior, sitting with the owner, to deflect from the simple fact that they lost ground after the deadline.

When that didn't work, they announced the Kobe Memorial.

At this point, I would bring in Jr, Waiters, Green and anyone else who could possibly help, on a 10 day tryout.

It can't hurt and they have to do something.

Burke and Evan Turner should be your long-term targets at this point.