• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and no. Being 4th defensively is a bit misleading, imo.

It's the result of their size. Against most teams, that works just fine and it will get them deep in the playoffs, it could even get them a title.

The problem is when they have to face teams like the Clippers, who are great on the perimeter. Those teams can spread the floor and create space to open up lanes. That makes it a lot tougher on the Lakers bigs.

Most teams can't play well enough from the perimeter to be able to beat the Lakers size 4/7. The Clippers not only can, but they would likely be the only team favored against the Lakers in a playoff series.

It's interesting. If they only get Collison (or someone like him) it will help them against every other team in the league, but less so against the Clippers.

But, if they only get Harkless (or someone like him), that will help them against the Clippers, but less so against all of the other teams.

Having said all of that, if they can only get one, I think it should be Collison. As others have said, it will help keep from having to play Lebron 40+ minutes in the playoffs.
Every. Single. Word.

Yup.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More than other top teams, the Clip's seem to sleepwalk at times... especially on defense.

Even with a guy or two out, that sort of defensive effort shouldn't happen.
Kawhi and George played.

Kawhi, George, Lou and Trezl played.

No fucking excuse for that nonsense.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone explain how the wolves beat the clippers by 27?
Bitch made.

That's pretty much all I got.

Gonna try to flush this game and the one against the Griz out of my mind's eye.

But, I doubt I'll get the stench out of my nostrils anytime soon.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they say historically or this year?

Because, I love your Bucks counter.

Raptors are up there too, recently.

But, historically, Spurs.
Not sure which homer it was so if he sees it he can let us know the time frame. Thinking he meant in the Riley/Spo era but not sure.

No doubt if we are it least talking since 2000 the Spurs must be included. Hell, what about your own team lateley? Harrel? Shamet looks as good or better than he did last year....admittedly, I am basing only on stats as I have not seen him play more than a handful of games.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More than other top teams, the Clip's seem to sleepwalk at times... especially on defense.

Even with a guy or two out, that sort of defensive effort shouldn't happen.
Someone who saw the game would have to answer, but couldn't just be guys made shots well over the rate they would normally hit shots?

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone who saw the game would have to answer, but couldn't just be guys made shots well over the rate they would normally hit shots?
Anything's possible... so sure: it might be the case that the Wolves just hit tough shot after tough shot against a strong defensive effort.

But Occam's Razor says it was most likely the case that the Clippers didn't bring their lunch pails last night.

Reading the quotes from guys like Kawhi after the game, the players seem to admit as much.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything's possible... so sure: it might be the case that the Wolves just hit tough shot after tough shot against a strong defensive effort.

But Occam's Razor says it was most likely the case that the Clippers didn't bring their lunch pails last night.

Reading the quotes from guys like Kawhi after the game, the players seem to admit as much.
And I have witnessed games like this (including where my team was the hot shooting team). Some guys, the right defense is let them shoot. If they make it you live with it.Announcers, fans, players can be funny. Make a 3, bad D. Miss a 3, he forced it. sometimes guys just get hot.

Friday you made a comment about something I said. Aporopos here to use onyou....."It's hard to have a convo with you when you misread and flat out mangle like this".

Tell me when I said anything about "a strong defensive effort" by the D? Not a practice what ya preach fellow, are ya?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure which homer it was so if he sees it he can let us know the time frame. Thinking he meant in the Riley/Spo era but not sure.

No doubt if we are it least talking since 2000 the Spurs must be included. Hell, what about your own team lateley? Harrel? Shamet looks as good or better than he did last year....admittedly, I am basing only on stats as I have not seen him play more than a handful of games.
Yeah, we got lucky with those two.

Clippers are probably the worst at developing guys because they keep thinking they are in win now mode.

Brice Johnson, Juwan Evans, Sindarious Thorton, Reggie Bullock, Chiek Diallo, CJ Wilcox...

Most those guys didn't last a whole Season with the Clippers.

Most are journeyman or out the league all together.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we got lucky with those two.

Clippers are probably the worst at developing guys because they keep thinking they are in win now mode.

Brice Johnson, Juwan Evans, Sindarious Thorton, Reggie Bullock, Chiek Diallo, CJ Wilcox...

Most those guys didn't last a whole Season with the Clippers.

Most are journeyman or out the league all together.
I would think most teams have a tough time with the majority of their players drafted mid-late round 1, 2 or UFAs. Just need a few hits.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Beasley was freed from his shackles in Denver and went thermonuclear.

But, I find it hard to believe George, Kawhi, Shamet, Mcgruder couldn't at least slow him down with just a bit more effort.

The Wolves did to us, exactly what the Clippers did to the Heat.

We are not that much better than Miami and the Wolves certainly aren't better than the Clips.

But, they were last night.

Shit happens.

But, that was fucking pathetic effort and Beasley was money.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, anybody have a problem with air bnb party rentals in their residential communities?

I had to have a motherfucker put in cuffs at 2 am.
Rented the house 2 doors down,
hooped my fence and was naked in my pool with some skank.

FOH.

This shit is a nuisance.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think most teams have a tough time with the majority of their players drafted mid-late round 1, 2 or UFAs. Just need a few hits.
Not like the Clippers.

We miss on lottery pics too. Not as bad as the Suns. But, yikes.

Jerome Robinson #13, Eric Gordon #7, Among #8, Yaroslov # 12, Kaman #6.

Some of those guys went on to have decent careers. But, not with the Clippers.

Doc is especially egregious.

He just doesn't put in the time.

Rondo, Deandre Jordan are his 2 success stories.

Shamet was doing this in Philly when given the chance and Lou is more deserving of the credit for Trezl...

Well, outside Trezl himself.

Clippers were going to cut him until he started mauling fools in his first few practices.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Least you didn't get your doors blown off by the Timberpups.

Time to blow the Clippers up! Fire Doc. Trade Kawhi & George. And start from scratch.