• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way basketball is played now you can play like this. Tyson will get spot mins at times though

Yep. Lakers is one of the few teams that use 2 bigs on the court. They should be fine vs most teams though

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this talk about the height disadvantage Houston is at but they're only -3 in rebounding and even in offensive rebounds at the half

It's one game. And a regular season game at that. Their real issue will be in the playoffs where teams have time to plan for them and the teams out with size can take advantage of Houston's lack of it. It also doesn't even have to be a team with size like the Lakers, Nugs, or Jazz. With no real interior threat, I can see the Clippers absolutely feasting on them

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rockets won but they have to add some size....

Lakers only outrebounded HOU by..... 1?

Probably not a good idea if you have to play AD and LBJ 38-40 minutes each night for regular season games.

I didn't watch the game, but was HOU intentionally fouling Howard and that's why he only played 4 minutes?
Or was he absolutely useless against their small ball lineup?

This HOU team is going to be interesting.
Either all or nothing.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers only outrebounded HOU by..... 1?

Probably not a good idea if you have to play AD and LBJ 38-40 minutes each night for regular season games.

I didn't watch the game, but was HOU intentionally fouling Howard and that's why he only played 4 minutes?
Or was he absolutely useless against their small ball lineup?

This HOU team is going to be interesting.
Either all or nothing.

Houston size going to have a lot of team playing differently against them and getting out of character. Teams that usually don't play inside will try and do it against Houston. The spacing is crazy with no Capela. The lane is wide open for Russ now

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston size going to have a lot of team playing differently against them and getting out of character. Teams that usually don't play inside will try and do it against Houston. The spacing is crazy with no Capela. The lane is wide open for Russ now

Any time you make a team try to do something they don't normally do, I mean, that's a win right from the start, right?

Ironically, Covington was signed by the Rockets as an undrafted FA in 2013.
When Hinkie wrote his 'manifesto' upon being fired, he said this about Covington :

"Robert is a mistake I rubbed my own nose in for over a year. The 2013 Draft was a flurry of activity for us—a handful of trades and selections in both the first and second rounds. We had more action following the draft as we tried to finalize our summer league team and get the myriad trade calls set up with the NBA. I could see this coming a few days before and we informed the media that this kind of approach might lead to an unusually late start for the post-draft press conference. Several of you were still there late that night. At about 1:00 a.m. I went downstairs to address an equally exhausted media on deadline from their editors. When I returned upstairs, the undrafted Robert Covington was gone, having agreed to play for another club’s summer league team, eventually making their regular season roster. He torched the D-League that year, haunting me all the while. When he became available 17 months later, we pounced. But I shudder, even now, at that (nearly) missed opportunity."

I think Covington is where he was always meant to be.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well thats always been the case with Houston so nothing changed there

And yet it's never worked out for them. Like I said earlier in the season, this is their best opportunity with GS injuries and KD gone. If they don't win with RW and Harden, it won't ever happen. I want them to win though honestly.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although it fits for the Rockets, it'll allow Lebron to get to the rim at a much easier pace come playoff time.

The playoffs isn't a different beast. I still got the Clippers taking it but the Rockets inefficiencies will give them a lot more trouble in the playoffs. That being said, if the path is set up I wouldn't be shocked to see them in the WCF's but also wouldn't be shocked if they lost in the 1st round lol

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet it's never worked out for them. Like I said earlier in the season, this is their best opportunity with GS injuries and KD gone. If they don't win with RW and Harden, it won't ever happen. I want them to win though honestly.

I never said it would work. Just that it really is not different than before. Just more spacing for Russ/Harden. Doubling Harden going to be a bitch now with Covington and Gordon on the floor.