• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is such a tragedy that's going to last with many for a long time. May he Rest in Peace.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Onto other matters: I watched the Wolves/Kings game last night. Kings got plenty of talent there, be nice to see them get it altogether and become a playoff team again.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like one of my threads is missing lol

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get why people want to talk about Kobe but does it really need to be the only thing we talk about?

He wasn't Martin Luther King or Gandhi. He was a really good basketball player. It's sad that he died but people die everyday.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get why people want to talk about Kobe but does it really need to be the only thing we talk about?

He wasn't Martin Luther King or Gandhi. He was a really good basketball player. It's sad that he died but people die everyday.

3 US marines died on the same day. Ask this forum to name their names...they can't

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did MLK or Gandhi play basketball?

You do realize this is a basketball forum, right?

There are other forums out there where you can bitch about politics and how unfair life is to your hearts content.

And seeing as pretty much EVERYTHING is being affected in the basketball world by Kobe's death, yeah it is pretty much the only thing we're currently talking about.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did MLK or Gandhi play basketball?

You do realize this is a basketball forum, right?

There are other forums out there where you can bitch about politics and how unfair life is to your hearts content.

And seeing as pretty much EVERYTHING is being affected in the basketball world by Kobe's death, yeah it is pretty much the only thing we're currently talking about.

So how long do we only talk about Kobe? How long before the sports sites talk about actual basketball again?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how long do we only talk about Kobe? How long before the sports sites talk about actual basketball again?

How the hell am I supposed to know? I'm not in charge of that decision.

How long after your wife dies of a terminal illness do you start fucking other women?

How about you give people a little time to grieve?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the hell am I supposed to know? I'm not in charge of that decision.

How long after your wife dies of a terminal illness do you start fucking other women?

How about you give people a little time to grieve?

That you think this is comparable to losing a spouse is more than a little troubling.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you're joking right?

It also not just that he died.

It is the following.

1) How sudden it was. We literally just saw him tweet Lebron 10-12 hours prior.

2) He's been in the news a lot lately due to LBJ passing him on the scoring list so basically all last week, we had a lot of Kobe news. This is in addition to seeing him around the game more.

3) His age

4) He is a legend and one of the greatest to ever play. I may be wrong but I don't think anyone that is considered be a top 10/top 15 player of all time die sooo young and so damn sudden.

5) A lot of us had a major connection to him. A lot of us grew up with him. He is the jordan of this era (people born in the mid to late 80s/early 90s).

6)When you're a diehard nba fan like most on this board it then you feel a major connection to great players. I mentioned just last year how sad I was seeing all these players I grew up with all retiring (Kobe, Wade, Dirk, Duncan, KG, and etc) Kobe was basically a part of my life for close to 20 years from October thru April (and usually may/june for most of his career) every single year.

Lastly, I do agree with you it does not need to be the only thing we talk about. I also try to switch it up once in a while and bring up other basketball topics so not mad at you.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That you think this is comparable to losing a spouse is more than a little troubling.

Let's ask Lebron James, Shaq, T-Mac, Jerry West, Doc Rivers, Jeannie Buss, Larry Nance Jr, Luka, Giannis, Devin Booker and over 100 other players and coaches who were VISIBLY upset the last couple of days how they feel performing in front of thousands of fans after learning their friend, their brother, their idol just died in a horrific accident?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably once the Lakers play again or after his memorial services

People are still in a state of shock. Today I had several moments at work where I asked myself "Kobe really dead"?