• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah thats what i was saying---- teams like the Lakers, Clippers, Rockets, Sixers, Warriors, Bucks all owe out future first rounders.

pretty crazy when you think about the lack of maneuverability that the vast majority of contenders have.

makes a team like the Jazz or Nuggets or Celtics- who maybe have some pieces/picks they can move maybe have a slight advantage in the trade market.
Yep.

I mean, the Clippers could match salaries.

But, they'd have to sacrifice depth.

Harkless and Jerome Robinson would get it done.

But, Robinson is not a good enough prospect to tempt the Cavs to even pick up the phone.

The Clippers have to hold on to Shamet, need his shooting.

They'd be wise to hold on to Harkless because we have no idea if/when George will be healthy and Kawhi isn't exactly a Ironman himself.

So, yeah.....

You are spot on about those other teams having a distinct advantage.

Gotta think Porter Jr. is worth a look for a rebuilding team. Plus, Denver has Beasley, Morris, Grant to dangle.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i read an article about how much torque Kyrie putso n his joints with his different ball handling moves etc..... and that it does not bode well for his longevity. At some point the human body just isnt meant to stop and start so violently.

Think of how many high leverage miles LeBron has on his odometer at this point. its crazy.
Yeah, Kyrie is just ..... RIDICULOUS...lol

One thing about LeBron that can't be debated, Dude takes great care of his body.

I read he spends upwords of 1mil per n his self care.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, ok, i'll admit you're a mistake...

most likely happened because you're a product of weak sperm...

see? lol wasn't so hard...

OBTW , STILL don't want him...:lol:
I know you don't....because he will be outplayed by bigger more talented players who he outplayed last year.

I get it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

I mean, the Clippers could match salaries.

But, they'd have to sacrifice depth.

Harkless and Jerome Robinson would get it done.

But, Robinson is not a good enough prospect to tempt the Cavs to even pick up the phone.

The Clippers have to hold on to Shamet, need his shooting.

They'd be wise to hold on to Harkless because we have no idea if/when George will be healthy and Kawhi isn't exactly a Ironman himself.

So, yeah.....

You are spot on about those other teams having a distinct advantage.

Gotta think Porter Jr. is worth a look for a rebuilding team. Plus, Denver has Beasley, Morris, Grant to dangle.
yah Denver is really interesting with Porter Jr., and maybe even Bol Bol as guys that teams might want ot take a flyer on and give up some help for- (especialyl Porter Jr. if he is healthy). plus as you said some of the other guys as well

I posted earlier- watch Jabari Parker- now that he is healthy, doesnst have the pressure he used to have on him and is in a good situation he might really open some eyes this year. I always liked his game and his attitude/work ethic

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Kyrie is just ..... RIDICULOUS...lol

One thing about LeBron that can't be debated, Dude takes great care of his body.

I read he spends Howard's of 1mil per n his self care.
Yeah...he might be the one guy who makes you think you can be one of those big guys who runs and jumps a ton but still remain mostly injury free.......IF you are willing to put in the work to condition yourself properly. and, I'm sure luck plays a role.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cavs absolutely can get a first rounder for Thompson - itll just depend on what they have to take back.

when you trade a guy like Thompson making 18M a year- you have to take back some salary- if the salary they take back is not expiring they will absolutely be able to get a solid asset out of i t for the combination of Thompson helping a contender and salary relief. Its how those trades almost always work. You would abslotely get better value out of that type of deal by trading Thompson- a useful playoff rotation piece- then ifyou just traded an expiring contract of a slob that doesnt play or a guy that is injured or whatever.

fairly similar to what they did with George Hill last year- but expect more if yo uask me.

That isn’t getting a first rounder for TT.

That is taking a first rounder to eat a bad contract. Any expiring deal can do that.

Huge difference.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably true....unless a 3rd team got involved. Even then, not sure what the Lakers could give up as the 3rd team would want something. Though I guess they could dump salary for a 2nd (which the Cavs have a ton).
All they have is Kuz....and they aren't dealing him, unless it's for a star.

Everyone else is LeBron or on 1year deals.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn’t getting a first rounder for TT.

That is taking a first rounder to eat a bad contract. Any expiring deal can do that.

Huge difference.
its the combination of both- especially when you will have competitors that are just offering an expiring deal.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right...was thinking Cavs might take on 1-year deal guys if it meant getting picks. But that doesn't satisfy the team who'd be giving the pick.

OK...this deal just isn't happening with the Lakers. Chief will be happy, at least.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

who says no...

Sexton, TT, Clarkson for Kuzma and cap filler

the pro's for the Lakers--- (i) Sexton is the perfeect type of PG to play with LeBron- can shoot the 3, create and doesnt always need the ball, (ii) there is no way they are getting a PG with that type of upside consdiering their lack of picks and lack of cap space and lack of assets, (iii) Sexton is much farther away from a big payday, (iv) TT would easily be their 2nd best big man and immediately be one of the top 5-6 guys in their rotation and would play significant playoff minutes, (v) Clarkson would be the precise type of guy they would need for instant offense off the benc hand could fill some of Kuzma's role.

cons: Kuzma is the more highly regarded player in the trade

for the Cavs: Pro's--- break up the log jam at PG with garland and sexton, get a high ceiling PF that is young and could grow with the team

Con's- Kuzma is due to be paid soon, and typically big men with foot injuries have some risk- esp. when they are young--- tough to give up on Sexton's upside after the stellar rookie year he had

I honestly think both teams would say No

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right...was thinking Cavs might take on 1-year deal guys if it meant getting picks. But that doesn't satisfy the team who'd be giving the pick.

OK...this deal just isn't happening with the Lakers. Chief will be happy, at least.
lol, if you finally shut up about it i undoubtedly WILL be...

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah Denver is really interesting with Porter Jr., and maybe even Bol Bol as guys that teams might want ot take a flyer on and give up some help for- (especialyl Porter Jr. if he is healthy). plus as you said some of the other guys as well

I posted earlier- watch Jabari Parker- now that he is healthy, doesnst have the pressure he used to have on him and is in a good situation he might really open some eyes this year. I always liked his game and his attitude/work ethic
Forgot about Bol.

I think they have him on a two way deal.

Fucking steal when he gets healthy.

Happy for Jabari.

Dude is a walking bucket.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its the combination of both- especially when you will have competitors that are just offering an expiring deal.

TT is an asset that can help a contender to be sure.

But it is misleading to say George Hill returned a 1st last year. George Hill + 2 fairly bad non-expiring deals returned a 1st. Hill on his own would not have.

TT expiring is a better asset than Hill. But I still don’t think he nets a 1st without taking back some bad money. Taking a really bad multi-year deal back could even get more than 1 first.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who says no...

the pro's for the Lakers--- (i) Sexton is the perfeect type of PG to play with LeBron- can shoot the 3, create and doesnt always need the ball, (ii) there is no way they are getting a PG with that type of upside consdiering their lack of picks and lack of cap space and lack of assets, (iii) Sexton is much farther away from a big payday, (iv) TT would easily be their 2nd best big man and immediately be one of the top 5-6 guys in their rotation and would play significant playoff minutes, (v) Clarkson would be the precise type of guy they would need for instant offense off the benc hand could fill some of Kuzma's role.

for the Cavs: Pro's--- break up the log jam at PG with garland and sexton, get a high ceiling PF that is young and could grow with the team

Con's- Kuzma is due to be paid soon, and typically big men with foot injuries have some risk- esp. when they are young--- tough to give up on Sexton's upside after the stellar rookie year he had

Unless Kuzma just completely falls apart this year and isn't a good fit on this team I highly doubt he is going anywhere. Plus, lets just wait a bit on the combo of Sexton-Garland. Something tells this combo is either going to be very very good or we will see early this just isn't going to work. Either way I don't know if the Lakers would be a good trading partner but that is intriguing for sure and seems like a better fit for both teams at this point.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what can i say, Mecca...?

my sense of humor knows no bounds, and i'm an incurable smart-aleck...

but hey, i'm a great guy once you get to know me...:smokin:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who says no...

Yesh......

Ignoring cap obstacles, ummmmm.......not the Lakers.

Well, if you exchanged Garland for Sexton.

Lakers would officially be Team Klutch.

LeBron, Davis, Clarkson, Garland and Thompson....all Klutch clients.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what can i say, Mecca...?

my sense of humor knows no bounds, and i'm an incurable smart-aleck...

but hey, i'm a great guy once you get to know me...:smokin:
I dig it.

It's all light hearted and in fun.

Nothing below the belt. So, carry on....lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TT is an asset that can help a contender to be sure.

But it is misleading to say George Hill returned a 1st last year. George Hill + 2 fairly bad non-expiring deals returned a 1st. Hill on his own would not have.

TT expiring is a better asset than Hill. But I still don’t think he nets a 1st without taking back some bad money. Taking a really bad multi-year deal back could even get more than 1 first.

The good thing is the Cavs will gladly take back expiring contracts if it nets picks...well at least they have shown they will and if they keep losing a ton of games it gives them even more incentive. But in the Cavs particular situation it really doesn't hurt them at all taking back these bad contracts. I'm just not sure LA is a team to deal with looking over their team and assets

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Kuzma just completely falls apart this year and isn't a good fit on this team I highly doubt he is going anywhere. Plus, lets just wait a bit on the combo of Sexton-Garland. Something tells this combo is either going to be very very good or we will see early this just isn't going to work. Either way I don't know if the Lakers would be a good trading partner but that is intriguing for sure and seems like a better fit for both teams at this point.

yeah, Mecca pretty much said it...

well, unless you want maybe KCP on your squad...