• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's an expiring contract. That might be more valuable than his actual on floor play.

Of course it is...I wouldn't consider a huge haul a mid-late 1st rounder and taking back a contract though...but I wouldn't mind that deal

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, really...?
Yeah, this is so extra .... especially considering it was after the Warriors very first regular Season game of the year.

Only way the timing of such a statement could have been more ridiculous?

If Bev said it after the first preseason game.

Oh, wait....lol

:behindsofa:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, this is so extra .... especially considering it was after the Warriors very first regular Season game of the year.

Oh, wait....lol

I ummm, see your point(he said, sheepishly)...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh, wait....lol

i didnt watch all of the Clips/Lakers game, but what i did watch, it was clear to me that LeBron was the third best player on the court. If I were to re-do my top 25 NBA player rankings right now LeBron would be below Davis.

Bill Simmons had some interesting thoughts about the same. LeBron athletically- is obviously not where he was at in his absolute prime athletically when he was a terror defensively in Miami. He is not even where he was when he had "the block" (the greatest play of his career) against the Warriors.

Athletically LeBron has taken steps back to where i dont think he is any longer a top 5 player in the league. Guys like Giannis, Davis, Kawhi, Embiid (when healthy), Harden, just have that extra gear that i dont know if LeBron ahs anymore.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
talking head to head. of course Cleveland had the better TEAM at the time...
Do you try to be a buffoon? In fact, Miami was better head to head in their matchups. But TT and HW put up similar #s against each other.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons:

This is the first time- i've seen him a lot over the years- i don't know how many lebron games i have seen in person but its a lot. He was the third best guy on the floor tonight. And it wasn't just that he didn't have a great game. He is the third best guy in this matchup. And that was just the most glaring thing tonight, watching it. Davis is just in his prime- he's unstoppable. He wasn't even that great tonight. He's unstoppable- peak of his powers. Lebron is not at the peak of his powers anymore. He is stil really good. He is incredibly smart- he has moments when it seems like he is the old, athletic LeBron, but there were a couple moments tonight-- first of all, he was short-rimming a bunch of different shots and just doesn't seem like he has his legs the same way. They were trying to play him at point guard. I don't know if athletically he can do that anymore.

There was this one moment when Kawhi was on him that somebody threw a pass to LeBron, Kawhi tipped it and it went to the Clippers side of the court and LeBron and Kawhi went for the ball together and they were bascially dead even, and Kawhi got the ball. And as you were watching it, this was the kind of play- you know- when you'd see LeBron in person or you'd watch him on TV every night- there are these athlete plays that he would make where you'd go "Oh my God, that guy's the greatest athlete I've ever seen in my life". And Kawhi got the loose ball.

Random moment in a game- might not have meant anything but it felt kind of significant because i just feel like he's a better basketball player, because he is. Kawhi's the best player in the league. My big takeway driving home- I was thinking about it, I was like "Wow, I just went to a game, it was a regular-season NBA game, where LeBron was the third-best guy in the game.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No not at all. I'm not expecting him to make a serious leap and now all of a sudden he's pushing 20 ppg. What I'm saying is as a 3rd option he needs to be a reasonable threat to score and produce more there. The last few seasons there's been a decline (as it should have been) in his scoring, because there were better options. What I'm saying is he needs to pick it back up and be aggressive. It's also not about him shooting 3's more or getting open looks, it's about him being aggressive too in getting to the rim. And it's going to be especially true with teams gunning extra hard at Steph and D'Lo on the perimeter this year that he'll need to keep the defense honest and instead of just waiting for them to come off curl, assert himself and take the ball to the hoop.

He needs to average more attempts than 6 a game.
Maybe...but not sure the defense wouldn't like him to average more shots....especially outside.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what deflection? my opinion hasn't changed...

oh, and another li'l tidbit. it's as likely to do so as you getting a winning personality...

as i said , keep your hand-me-down. don't wanna see him in Lakers colors...

there. now HOPEFULLY that ends it(though i doubt it)...
You see where if anything TT outplayed the centers you thought would dominate him and your opinion doesn't change?

McFly?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didnt watch all of the Clips/Lakers game, but what i did watch, it was clear to me that LeBron was the third best player on the court. If I were to re-do my top 25 NBA player rankings right now LeBron would be below Davis.

Bill Simmons had some interesting thoughts about the same. LeBron athletically- is obviously not where he was at in his absolute prime athletically when he was a terror defensively in Miami. He is not even where he was when he had "the block" (the greatest play of his career) against the Warriors.

Athletically LeBron has taken steps back to where i dont think he is any longer a top 5 player in the league. Guys like Giannis, Davis, Kawhi, Embiid (when healthy), Harden, just have that extra gear that i dont know if LeBron ahs anymore.
I mean, father time is undefeated.

But, I think his showing had more to do with the fact that he's trying to push the ' This is the Brow's team ' narrative.

He was force feeding the guy and AD looked exhausted.

PS. LeBron didn't look like the 3rd best player on opening night.

A case could be made that AD, Danny Green, Kawhi, Lou....maybe even Trezl had better games.

LeBron had some horrible, late turnovers.

Again: That's because he tried to force the ball to Davis.

I'm going to give it 15-20 games to judge if he has indeed come back to the pack.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say I wasn't expecting the never ending and endlessly tedious "Tristan Thompson is a good player" argument would start up this quickly.

Thompson is an above replacement level player and that's about it. The Cavs aren't getting some huge haul for him. Maybe a 2nd or 2 at best.
so far argument has really only been if the Lakers should want him (not if they could get him). To any reasonable fan it should be a resounding yes.

The Cavs got a 1 in a deal for George Hill. You don't think they could get one for TT if the team had assets the cavs would take? absurd.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think any Cavs fan thinks they will get "a huge haul" lolzzz He is quite expensive but picks will do fine
Agree...But I seriously doubt they'd deal him for less than a first rounder. They got a first for Hill and only had to also take Delly and Henson (who had one extra year remaining).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's an expiring contract. That might be more valuable than his actual on floor play.
Yeah...why would anyone want a double double guy who can switch out and guard the perimeter as well as most or all centers, will play any role asked and will be among league leaders in offensive rebounds.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cavs absolutely can get a first rounder for Thompson - itll just depend on what they have to take back.

when you trade a guy like Thompson making 18M a year- you have to take back some salary- if the salary they take back is not expiring they will absolutely be able to get a solid asset out of i t for the combination of Thompson helping a contender and salary relief. Its how those trades almost always work. You would abslotely get better value out of that type of deal by trading Thompson- a useful playoff rotation piece- then ifyou just traded an expiring contract of a slob that doesnt play or a guy that is injured or whatever.

fairly similar to what they did with George Hill last year- but expect more if yo uask me.
Figured if you saw it you'd beat me to that reply. They got a first for Hill but couldn't for TT? Kooky talk.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe...but not sure the defense wouldn't like him to average more shots....especially outside.

Well I mean that's kind of obvious though. Name a 3rd option in the league that a team wouldn't prefer they shoot over the #1 and #2 options?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usual suspects will say way overpaid...that he should be a backup.

Guessing Cavs feel the same since they paid him like a backup.

Osman is really not much better than replacement level, if at all.

But, 4 years 31 million is a good deal.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
something tells me he might not have agreed to the deal he did if not for the issues he has had last few years. Probably just put his mental health over anything else and comfortable where he is.

I hope it's here, but do hope at some point the guy gets a chance to play somewhere he can win again.