• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who says no...

Sexton, TT, Clarkson for Kuzma and cap filler

the pro's for the Lakers--- (i) Sexton is the perfeect type of PG to play with LeBron- can shoot the 3, create and doesnt always need the ball, (ii) there is no way they are getting a PG with that type of upside consdiering their lack of picks and lack of cap space and lack of assets, (iii) Sexton is much farther away from a big payday, (iv) TT would easily be their 2nd best big man and immediately be one of the top 5-6 guys in their rotation and would play significant playoff minutes, (v) Clarkson would be the precise type of guy they would need for instant offense off the benc hand could fill some of Kuzma's role.

cons: Kuzma is the more highly regarded player in the trade

for the Cavs: Pro's--- break up the log jam at PG with garland and sexton, get a high ceiling PF that is young and could grow with the team

Con's- Kuzma is due to be paid soon, and typically big men with foot injuries have some risk- esp. when they are young--- tough to give up on Sexton's upside after the stellar rookie year he had

I honestly think both teams would say No

Surprised you would suggest this.

Not sure the Lakers have the cap filler to do it without including Danny Green, and I doubt they want that.

But take out Clarkson and you have a deal that would help the Lakers a lot, IMO.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, Mecca pretty much said it...

well, unless you want maybe KCP on your squad...

He blows dick for coke...lets be honest but it depends on what kind of pick it nets. Still don't think LA is even close to the best trading partner but we will see

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Kuzma just completely falls apart this year and isn't a good fit on this team I highly doubt he is going anywhere. Plus, lets just wait a bit on the combo of Sexton-Garland. Something tells this combo is either going to be very very good or we will see early this just isn't going to work. Either way I don't know if the Lakers would be a good trading partner but that is intriguing for sure and seems like a better fit for both teams at this point.
Here's the thing.....

I think K Porter JR. can slot right in next to Garland, if Sexton gets dealt.

One of the 3 will be trade bait to fill a position of need.

No rush, like you said.

But, in a couple of years, you are gonna have a Terry Rozier in Boston, Reggie Jackson in OKC, Eric Bledsoe with the Clippers...or worse.....Thomas, Bledsoe, Dragic in Phoenix situation.

It's inevitable.

But, you have time to see who works best together.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing.....

No rush, like you said.

But, in a couple of years, you are gonna have a Terry Rozier in Boston, Reggie Jackson in OKC, Eric Bledsoe with the Clippers...or worse.....Thomas, Bledsoe, Dragic in Phoenix situation.

It's inevitable.

Yeah true and that is hoping if most or all of these pieces work out. I like Windler the most out of these pieces, he can play the 3. Porter at the 2. Garland is more of a true PG...the missing piece is Sexton but who knows, like you said WAY too early to tell.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah true and that is hoping if most or all of these pieces work out. I like Windler the most out of these pieces, he can play the 3. Porter at the 2. Garland is more of a true PG...the missing piece is Sexton but who knows, like you said WAY too early to tell.
Porter Jr. has lottery talent.

It's always been the non basketball related stuff that sinks his battleship.

I think landing in Ohio was great for him.

Less off court distractions, pressure.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out the 4:44 mark. @buckalis

source.gif

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn’t getting a first rounder for TT.

That is taking a first rounder to eat a bad contract. Any expiring deal can do that.

Huge difference.
Difference is if there were a team with the cap room to absorb TT's deal who could use him they'd give up a 1 for him.

If under the cap, either LA team would not give up a 1 (if they had one) for TT. I realize he's no Snell, but TT could help them and probably more than a late 1st would.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TT is an asset that can help a contender to be sure.

But it is misleading to say George Hill returned a 1st last year. George Hill + 2 fairly bad non-expiring deals returned a 1st. Hill on his own would not have.

TT expiring is a better asset than Hill. But I still don’t think he nets a 1st without taking back some bad money. Taking a really bad multi-year deal back could even get more than 1 first.
Chris Paul!

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TT is an asset that can help a contender to be sure.

But it is misleading to say George Hill returned a 1st last year. George Hill + 2 fairly bad non-expiring deals returned a 1st. Hill on his own would not have.

TT expiring is a better asset than Hill. But I still don’t think he nets a 1st without taking back some bad money. Taking a really bad multi-year deal back could even get more than 1 first.
Well, yeah, in reality this is probably true. Because most teams who want TT are gonna need to give up assets that can come close to equaling his 18 mil. And doubtful they'd give up their players who are going to help them this season.

Hypothetically, though, if there were such a team that had cap room for whatever reason, you don't think they'd trade what is probably a late 1st if it gets them TT for the stretch run and playoffs?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good thing is the Cavs will gladly take back expiring contracts if it nets picks...well at least they have shown they will and if they keep losing a ton of games it gives them even more incentive. But in the Cavs particular situation it really doesn't hurt them at all taking back these bad contracts. I'm just not sure LA is a team to deal with looking over their team and assets
Seems to be the case.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing.....

No rush, like you said.

It's inevitable.

Cannot say I've ever really seen Porter play many meaningful minutes but hope you are right. If he's the steal of the draft as voted on by the other rookies that would help a ton.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Porter Jr. has lottery talent.

It's always been the non basketball related stuff that sinks his battleship.

I think landing in Ohio was great for him.

Less off court distractions, pressure.
Cannot say I knew much about him at all before the draft, but heard a couple long interviews here and seemed like he was a level headed kid.