• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not for the lack of trying. I can think of 3 different games in the last month alone where the Lakers have a 15+ point lead coming in the 4th with Lebron and AD on the bench and the second unit completely fuck things up to the point of having to get Lebron and AD to play again.

And even so, the Lebron has already come out to say he and AD aren't going to load manage anyway so your stats are irrelevant.
Uh huh.

LeBron says that NOW.

But, he's a hypocrite because He has missed games for load management too.
I picked two random games from this week as an example. And they coincidentally proved my point.
How?

Did he get reinjured?

Was there a scary fall that could compromise the post season?

You are aware that guys have to play themselves into shape, get into rhythm, right?

We are all entitled to our opinion on the topic.

But, the Clippers, Raptors have a bigger stake in getting it right than we do.

The only thing I care about is winning it all.

It would be great to be top of the West.

But, LeBron said it best...

If the Lakers play the Clippers, it will be a problem because he can't check Kawhi.

Luckily, you and he will have a built in excuse that he soldiered thru every game, while Kawhi took the easy way out.

Hope it gives you both comfort....lol

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys see this graphic?

82206736_10158302554243643_4460535111279968256_o.jpg

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re: Load Management. I'd rather a star player play less minutes in a game than play less games. If healthy you should play all games.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not for the lack of trying. I can think of 3 different games in the last month alone where the Lakers have a 15+ point lead coming in the 4th with Lebron and AD on the bench and the second unit completely fuck things up to the point of having to get Lebron and AD to play again.

And even so, the Lebron has already come out to say he and AD aren't going to load manage anyway so your stats are irrelevant.
Uh, didn't you just say he load managed the Thunder game?

But, sure...

Clippers playing Kawhi 3 minutes over his average against the Griz should be a prosecutable offense, said nobody ever.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh huh.

LeBron says that NOW.

Yep. And as a Lakers fan I criticized him for it. You on the other hand keep making excuses for Kawhi.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, didn't you just say he load managed the Thunder game?

Yep that's what he said. And used the excuse of flu like symptoms for a reason to sit out a game when it was clearly load management. And myself and other Lakers fans called BS on that.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh huh.

LeBron says that NOW.

How?

Did he get reinjured?

Was there a scary fall that could compromise the post season?

You are aware that guys have to play themselves into shape, get into rhythm, right?

We are all entitled to our opinion on the topic.

But, the Clippers, Raptors have a bigger stake in getting it right than we do.

The only thing I care about is winning it all.

It would be great to be top of the West.

But, LeBron said it best...

If the Lakers play the Clippers, it will be a problem because he can't check Kawhi.

Luckily, you and he will have a built in excuse that he soldiered thru every game, while Kawhi took the easy way out.

Hope it gives you both comfort....lol
Doesn't have to check him. Instead do what the Pistons did to Kobre Bryant and shut down everyone else. By the end of the game, Leonard will be exhausted and worn down along with George.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re: Load Management. I'd rather a star player play less minutes in a game than play less games. If healthy you should play all games.
That's obvious.

Who wouldn't?

Nobody is arguing against that.

But, the key to that sentence is health.

We all saw Kawhi limp thru the end of the Finals.

Clearly he doesn't fit that category.

The NBA would not allow him to not play back to backs if he did.

3cb Performance — Kawhi Leonard's knee injuries and why he needs load management

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't have to check him. Instead do what the Pistons did to Kobre Bryant and shut down everyone else. By the end of the game, Leonard will be exhausted and worn down along with George.
How did that work the 2 times you aged him this year?

There is a reason the Lakers want Iggy, Morris etc.

Kawhi can guard LeBron, LeBron can't reciprocate.

That was the difference in both games.

In fairness, nobody on the Clippers is stopping Davis.

But, we can throw 18 fouls a game at him and it won't slow us down.

Davis can only guard one of George, Trezl, Kawhi.

So, if we go small, LeBron is in trouble.

That doesn't even take his choking from the line into consideration.

I still think LeBron is the best player in the NBA.

Just not against the Clippers.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did that work the 2 times you aged him this year?

There is a reason the Lakers want Iggy, Morris etc.

Kawhi can guard LeBron, LeBron can't reciprocate.

That was the difference in both games.

In fairness, nobody on the Clippers is stopping Davis.

But, we can throw 18 fouls a game at him and it won't slow us down.

Davis can only guard one of George, Trezl, Kawhi.

So, if we go small, LeBron is in trouble.

That doesn't even take his choking from the line into consideration.

I still think LeBron is the best player in the NBA.

Just not against the Clippers.
I've already acknowledged the Lakers are not playoff ready, but I do believe they will be ready by the time the playoffs come and will be able to beat the Clippers in a seven game series. You are old enough and mature enough to know that two games in the regular season does not represent what will happen in the playoffs. The playoffs is a different atmosphere and style which I believe will come down to the role players. Besides that, I have no reason to believe the Clippers are not still cursed. SORRY

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said when the deal was made.
OKC won that trade

I mean if the Clippers win a title...it's not close. The Clippers will win the trade for that very reason. But overall, I mean OKC has some nice pieces for the future...and has a ton of picks. They did as good as they could have done imo

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rondo is washed.

Bradley is cooked.

Dudley is WASHED and COOKED.

Daniels, Cook's asses are glued to the bench.

That leaves you Kuz, Caruso, Howard vs. Lou, Trezl, Jamychal Green, Shamet, Mcgruder.

I'm pretty confident your bench is inferior.
Those players just game some decent asswhuppings this week without Lebron or AD.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The regular season means nothing really and the 82 games is the same for both teams. We have seen the Lakers get swept by Orlando in the regular season and then beat them in the finals.

So first you say you looked at stats when regular season stats are all you have to look at, now you say the regular season means nothing.

There is a difference between getting swept in the regular season by a team you see twice all season and potentially getting swept by q team you will play 4 or 5 times in the regular season.

Not saying the Lakers potentially getting swept by the Clips in the off-season (they're currently 0-2) necessarily means everything as far as a playoff matchup, but it's not meaningless either.

If nothing else, it would show that the Lakers never figured out how to beat them in the regular season, which wouldn't bode well for the playoffs.

What I have looked at is the talent and what these guys on the Lakers team are capable of in comparison to the Clippers team and their capability.
I personally believe the Lakers has a deeper team with more capability IF They live up to their capability. So far they are doing that. I Acknowledge that they have a lot of preparation and work to do to be prepared for the Clippers, but I do think they are capable.

Look, I know the Lakers are playing well and that the guys they signed are playing better than anyone expected. I also agree that if the role players can continue to play the way they are playing now all the way through the playoffs...they could absolutely beat the Clippers.

However, the difference is...we don't know if the Lakers role players can sustain what they're doing all the way through the playoffs. But we do know that the Clippers role players can actually play better than they have been.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep that's what he said. And used the excuse of flu like symptoms for a reason to sit out a game when it was clearly load management. And myself and other Lakers fans called BS on that.
That's great.

So, like I said, he's a hypocrite.

But, I'm confused on your overall point.

One guy has a degenerative, long-term injury and the other doesn't.

Nobody is disputing playing less minutes a game is better for fans.

That has nothing to do with what's better for KAWHI.

Last year when LeBron returned from injury, he sat out a game against the Warriors.

Why?

The Warriors found out shortly before tip off that James would not play in the prime time game for "load management" reasons. That's a technical term for he's sore.

......few weeks later.....

The Los Angeles Lakers announced star LeBron James will miss Wednesday's game against the Utah Jazz as part of his load management.

This will be his third missed contest in a span of seven games.

Now, in fairness.... The Jazz quote was when you were dead in the water, playoff wise.

Still, this is par for the course for injured players.

Unless you don't believe Kawhi is injured?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. And as a Lakers fan I criticized him for it. You on the other hand keep making excuses for Kawhi.
Quote the post, I'll wait....

Show me one post where I didn't say it's annoying and that it is distasteful, yet I understand the " why".

Tick, tock...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's great.

So, like I said, he's a hypocrite.

But, I'm confused on your overall point.

One guy has a degenerative, long-term injury and the other doesn't.

Nobody is disputing playing less minutes a game is better for fans.

That has nothing to do with what's better for KAWHI.

Last year when LeBron returned from injury, he sat out a game against the Warriors.

Why?

The Warriors found out shortly before tip off that James would not play in the prime time game for "load management" reasons. That's a technical term for he's sore.

......few weeks later.....

The Los Angeles Lakers announced star LeBron James will miss Wednesday's game against the Utah Jazz as part of his load management.

This will be his third missed contest in a span of seven games.

Now, in fairness.... The Jazz quote was when you were dead in the water, playoff wise.

Still, this is par for the course for injured players.

Unless you don't believe Kawhi is injured?

LeClown...?

a hypocrite...?

say it ain't so...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmfao!
raid
That would be a fucking DISASTER...LOL

......and, yep.

It's a lot closer than I thought it would be.

Mostly because the rumors of Lebron's lost step has been greatly exaggerated.

Your supporting cast is actually WORSE than I anticipated.

Mostly because Kuz was hurt. But, also because you have to many guys that are long in the tooth.

I will say, I was wrong about KCP and Howard

They are playing their roles very well.

Yeah, Kuz looks like he's getting back into shape and figuring out his role alongside Lebron and AD.

I'm afraid to say too much good about Dwight because I'm afraid he'll suddenly revert back to Dwight the first time. lol

I'm pleasantly surprised re: KCP. Hopefully, he really has gotten comfortable with his role. Otherwise, he could slip back to being Mr. Inconsistent. It also helps because Troy Daniels hasn't performed as well as I hoped.

Avery Bradley has been okay when he's been healthy. Not great, but serviceable, which is really all they need from him. Problem is, he hasn't been able to stay healthy.

Except for a couple of games, Rondo has been pretty worthless. That's part of why I'm really hoping they get Collison. I think Rondo can still help a little, but not with as much time as he's been getting, especially defensively. He's been okay running the offense, but he gives up too much on defense. It's too many minutes for him at this point.

Can't forget Caruso. The Bald Mamba has become my sons favorite player. lol