• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily. Phil and Pop, to name a couple, have done it fair bit. It's an 82 game season, teams that are true contenders, can afford to let a game go here and there.

The hardest part is likely convincing the players because they always think they can come back. lol

On convincing the players, the amount of "juice" a coach has would have a good bit to do with it. Doc has the juice to tell Kawhi and PG they aren't going back in.

But, even though he's doing a good job and Lebron seems to like him, I'm not sure Vogel would have the juice to be able to tell Lebron he's not going back in.

Totally agree.

Doc probably has the cache to do that with Kawhi.

But, they are walking the fine line of keeping guys healthy and keeping in striking distance of home court advantage.

Up until recently, it looked like the East was gonna be the stronger conference, at least record wise....

Before games were played yesterday, the Clippers would be the 3rd seed in the East, while they are holding on for dear life to 5th out West.

If they finish 6-8, they'd be at risk for a 1st round knockout.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If his issue is degenerative, there is no amount of time that he could sit out to fix it.

All they can do is try to minimize further damage.

By playing 38 minutes against the Warriors? Or playing 38 minutes in a blowout win against the Kings.

I'm not a doctor, but aren't these the of games you minimize your minutes in if you're hurt in any sort of way?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By playing 38 minutes against the Warriors? Or playing 38 minutes in a blowout win against the Kings.

I'm not a doctor, but aren't these the of games you minimize your minutes in if you're hurt in any sort of way?

Load management should be done by getting leads and playing less in the 2nd half.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devil's advocate...

Hidden in some of our wins, George has been hot, buttered GARBAGE.

He had a stint of shooting like 28% from the field.

Clippers have been winning despite him sometimes.

That may just have a lot to do with not being familiar with teammates, the system etc. He missed the first what? 2 weeks or so of the season?

Add to that, Kawhi's missed games and PG's missed games since he's been back and your two best players don't have a lot of time on the floor with each other or their other teammates. Did PG even participate in training camp?

It would be interesting to see how many games the Clippers have had with their entire roster intact.

Also, my comments are based on the two teams facing each other.

Clippers just have the right combination of guys to be considered the favorite over the Lakers in a series.

But, I have to admit that there is some truth to the things you suggested a week ago.

Clippers get up for the battle of LA. But, they put little to no effort into the War of the regular Season.

As constructed, I think we'd win in a series against you.

Yeah, while I do agree that, as constructed, the Clips are likely to win a playoff series, I think it would be a good bit closer than most of us thought going into the season (as long as the Lakers role players keep playing like they have been).

I definitely think that the regular season meetings are more important to the Clippers because they are trying to make some kind of dent in the Lakers hold over LA and this is the best chance they've had in their existence.

Also, I think it means more to the Clippers because it's more important to Clippers fans than it is to Lakers fans.

There seems to be a good bit of truth to what you said about how the Lakers can beat anyone but the Clippers and the Clippers can lose to anyone but the Lakers.

It would suck if we didn't get an all LA WCF because they ended up playing in the 2nd round or the Clips got beat by someone else in an earlier round. lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree.

Doc probably has the cache to do that with Kawhi.

But, they are walking the fine line of keeping guys healthy and keeping in striking distance of home court advantage.

Up until recently, it looked like the East was gonna be the stronger conference, at least record wise....

Before games were played yesterday, the Clippers would be the 3rd seed in the East, while they are holding on for dear life to 5th out West.

If they finish 6-8, they'd be at risk for a 1st round knockout.

lol

Not be an ass...

But it would be the most Clippers thing ever to have the greatest off-season in their history, be truly considered title contenders for the first time ever and make it no further than than have before.

In all seriousness though, as long as they finish 4 or higher (I think they will) they should be fine. They have enough veteran players that HCA isn't going to be as important for them.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You just said it yourself, you're not a Doctor, neither am I.

But, it would seem that all 3 franchises that he's played for see it differently.

Considering the fact that he's a $100 million dollar investment to them, I'd say they are on top of things.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Load management should be done by getting leads and playing less in the 2nd half.
Ideally.

But, you'd have to be on the right side of the blowout.

We rarely are.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with stats is there are a lot of other factors that aren't included.

For example: Did you look at strength of schedule? If one team has played more games vs. bad teams than the other...their stats are likely to be better.

Did you look at how many games have been missed by star players? Both PG and Kawhi have sat out more games individually than Lebron and AD have missed combined. I'm betting that if Kawhi and PG had played the same number of games as Lebron and PG, the stats would reflect that as well.
The regular season means nothing really and the 82 games is the same for both teams. We have seen the Lakers get swept by Orlando in the regular season and then beat them in the finals.

What I have looked at is the talent and what these guys on the Lakers team are capable of in comparison to the Clippers team and their capability.
I personally believe the Lakers has a deeper team with more capability IF They live up to their capability. So far they are doing that. I Acknowledge that they have a lot of preparation and work to do to be prepared for the Clippers, but I do think they are capable.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Not be an ass...

But it would be the most Clippers thing ever to have the greatest off-season in their history, be truly considered title contenders for the first time ever and make it no further than than have before.

In all seriousness though, as long as they finish 4 or higher (I think they will) they should be fine. They have enough veteran players that HCA isn't going to be as important for them.
Lmfao!

That would be a fucking DISASTER...LOL

......and, yep.

It's a lot closer than I thought it would be.

Mostly because the rumors of Lebron's lost step has been greatly exaggerated.

Your supporting cast is actually WORSE than I anticipated.

Mostly because Kuz was hurt. But, also because you have to many guys that are long in the tooth.

I will say, I was wrong about KCP and Howard

They are playing their roles very well.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmfao!

That would be a fucking DISASTER...LOL

......and, yep.

It's a lot closer than I thought it would be.

Mostly because the rumors of Lebron's lost step has been greatly exaggerated.

Your supporting cast is actually WORSE than I anticipated.

Mostly because Kuz was hurt. But, also because you have to many guys that are long in the tooth.

I will say, I was wrong about KCP and Howard

They are playing their roles very well.

LeBron ain't lost a step. He's lost more hair though.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is exactly my point. Which is why I brought up the Kings game from a few days ago. Up by 20 in the 4th and Kawhi is still playing?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone heard any updates on which All Star caliber players will take a discount to play in Milwaukee next year?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers should have hired David Blatt instead of Frank Vogel.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone heard any updates on which All Star caliber players will take a discount to play in Milwaukee next year?

that idiot has finally toned it back...

guessing even HE thinks his homer and hater talk was getting beyond ridiculous...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just said it yourself, you're not a Doctor, neither am I.

But, it would seem that all 3 franchises that he's played for see it differently.

Considering the fact that he's a $100 million dollar investment to them, I'd say they are on top of things.

The clippers clearly know a lot more what's going on with him than you and I.

I just don't understand how one game he can play close to 40 minutes, then take a game off and play 35+ again a day later. If it's load management then it's load management, but don't bullshit the fans about it.

And before you bring up the "If he were on the Lakers you'd be singing a different tune", I completely disagree with Lebron sitting out the game against OKC with flu like symptoms when less than a day later he's living it up on stage during a Bad Bunny (?) concert. That was clearly load management.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is exactly my point. Which is why I brought up the Kings game from a few days ago. Up by 20 in the 4th and Kawhi is still playing?
Lmfao

You brought up 2 games out of the 30 he's played.

Lakers are load managing LeBron / Davis by sitting them at the end of blowouts, right?

You guys are at the top of the West.

Yet, Davis is playing 35.2 minutes a game and LeBron is playing 34.9.

Even with your 2 game example, Kawhi is playing only 32.2.......lol

That's tied for 46th in the NBA.

So, why are the Lakers playing your guys so many minutes?

You have to get in rhythm, despite the score.

You have to build chemistry, despite the score.

This is especially true for a guy like Kawhi who gets very little practice time with the full starting and closing units.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The clippers clearly know a lot more what's going on with him than you and I.

I just don't understand how one game he can play close to 40 minutes, then take a game off and play 35+ again a day later. If it's load management then it's load management, but don't bullshit the fans about it.

And before you bring up the "If he were on the Lakers you'd be singing a different tune", I completely disagree with Lebron sitting out the game against OKC with flu like symptoms when less than a day later he's living it up on stage during a Bad Bunny (?) concert. That was clearly load management.
Because games are basically practice for Kawhi.

Did you know that Kawhi and George have never practiced together in the same unit?

They are building chemistry, despite the score.

This isn't that hard a concept to grasp.

He's 46th in the NBA in minutes.

So, it would appear those 2 games you mentioned were the exceptions, not the rule.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmfao

You brought up 2 games out of the 30 he's played.

Lakers are load managing LeBron / Davis by sitting them at the end of blowouts, right?

You guys are at the top of the West.

Yet, Davis is playing 35.2 minutes a game and LeBron is playing 34.9.

Even with your 2 game example, Kawhi is playing only 32.2.......lol

That's tied for 46th in the NBA.

So, why are the Lakers playing your guys so many minutes?

You have to get in rhythm, despite the score.

You have to build chemistry, despite the score.

This is especially true for a guy like Kawhi who gets very little practice time with the full starting and closing units.

It's not for the lack of trying. I can think of 3 different games in the last month alone where the Lakers have a 15+ point lead coming in the 4th with Lebron and AD on the bench and the second unit completely fuck things up to the point of having to get Lebron and AD to play again.

And even so, the Lebron has already come out to say he and AD aren't going to load manage anyway so your stats are irrelevant.