• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is precisely why teams would want him on an expiring deal, but not so much on a long term deal.

Again, let’s apply some common sense.

It is a lot easier to stay healthy for 3 months than 4 years.
And they were giving up a haul for him? I'm not saying this could not have happened. But the idea you know, as is often the case, is absurd.

Then there's that part you think could not have happened.....keep, cannot trade. He leaves.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I'm getting at. Maybe beating the Lakers means too much to them at this point.

There's more history there than just LA being a Lakers town.

PG felt the Lakers didn't try hard enough to get him. I'm sure the Lakers weren't pleased that he didn't even take a meeting.

The battle for Kawhi came down to the Lakers and Clippers. Some in the Lakers organization (as well as some fans) feel Kawhi played them. Kawhi felt the Lakers couldn't be trusted after Magic opened his fat mouth about his meeting with Kawhi.

Kawhi and PG are both from SoCal, so they are well aware of the Clippers standing in LA...

Not saying that's all of it. But it may be part. Clearly something is a little off. There's plenty of season left and I'm pretty sure they'll get it figured out.

It's interesting. They're 25-12, which in most seasons would be a reason to celebrate in Clipperland. But this year, somehow it feels like they are struggling.
They are definitely struggling.

I doubt that it has anything to do with the Lakers for guys like Kawhi, Beverley, Lou.

George?

He tends to melt under pressure.

So, who knows?

Not sure about the pressure to succeed.

Again,doubtful for Kawhi...the rest of them, could be.

What I do know is:

Clippers, 76ers, Lakers need to make a move to sniff the Finals.

Anyone of the 3 that lands Morris would be my favorite.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they were giving up a haul for him? I'm not saying this could not have happened. But the idea you know, as is often the case, is absurd.

Then there's that part you think could not have happened.....keep, cannot trade. He leaves.

Ok buddy.

I am not sure they would have gotten a huge haul like 2 firsts. but they might have.

I believe they would have gotten more than 1 first. Either a first and a second or a first and a another young player. Or a good prospect and a 2nd.

I am also quite sure that his market value in trade went down the day he signed that extension. Whether or not he would have returned a haul, we 100% would have returned more than he will eventually return when/if he is traded this year.

Call it absurd if you want. But it is pure common sense. You want to cling to what if’s and hypotheticals. The only thing that really matters is that it appears that Kevin Love and Cleveland are headed for divorce and that the trade market for him is somewhere between Luke warm and cold.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You get most here saying they had to deal him then were calling him injury prone and an awful defender then, too?

Now they were getting a haul for him at that time?

It's only a "fact" if you know what they were offered and was a package they wanted. You don't.
Ok stop with the "you get" crap, that passive aggressive shit doesn't work on me.

Second, you've proven that you have real problems backing off a take even in the face of obvious common sense. This is one of those times.

The FACT is the Cavs should have dealt him then. We only know this with hindsight, but we do know it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok buddy.

I am not sure they would have gotten a huge haul like 2 firsts. but they might have.

I believe they would have gotten more than 1 first. Either a first and a second or a first and a another young player. Or a good prospect and a 2nd.

I am also quite sure that his market value in trade went down the day he signed that extension. Whether or not he would have returned a haul, we 100% would have returned more than he will eventually return when/if he is traded this year.

Call it absurd if you want. But it is pure common sense. You want to cling to what if’s and hypotheticals. The only thing that really matters is that it appears that Kevin Love and Cleveland are headed for divorce and that the trade market for him is somewhere between Luke warm and cold.
ok

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the Love you and many others have also called injury prone, an awful defender and not getting any younger?

Wasn't Harris also 2-3 years younger?

Sure thing.
This is where your arguing superpower kicks in. Are you arguing that Love was damaged goods and not valuable two years ago but now he's a valuable trade chip?

If you think he has any value now, he obviously had far more when younger and on an expiring deal.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok stop with the "you get" crap, that passive aggressive shit doesn't work on me.

Second, you've proven that you have real problems backing off a take even in the face of obvious common sense. This is one of those times.

The FACT is the Cavs should have dealt him then. We only know this with hindsight, but we do know it.
"you get" is passive aggressive? I stopped reading after that.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where your arguing superpower kicks in. Are you arguing that Love was damaged goods and not valuable two years ago but now he's a valuable trade chip?

If you think he has any value now, he obviously had far more when younger and on an expiring deal.
I'm not arguing that. I'm arguing you don't know what his value was then (value is only what was offered). It is not some crazy notion they would not have been offered enough to want to make a deal or they'd either have to accept a deal they didn't like or risk losing him.

Possible no deal is made and they lose him.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not arguing that. I'm arguing you don't know what his value was then (value is only what was offered). It is not some crazy notion they would not have been offered enough to want to make a deal or they'd either have to accept a deal they didn't like or risk losing him.

Possible no deal is made and they lose him.
As I said, it's all hindsight. The Cavs maybe decided what they could get for him then wasn't worth giving up the chance to be good or for him to be a team leader or the simple desire to have a ring winning almost-star to put butts in the seats. They had their reasons, and they signed him.

But in a vacuum, what they could have got for him then is more than they can now. They just decided it wasn't worth it, then. Turns out they were wrong, in hindsight.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said, it's all hindsight. The Cavs maybe decided what they could get for him then wasn't worth giving up the chance to be good or for him to be a team leader or the simple desire to have a ring winning almost-star to put butts in the seats. They had their reasons, and they signed him.

But in a vacuum, what they could have got for him then is more than they can now. They just decided it wasn't worth it, then. Turns out they were wrong, in hindsight.
If it only comes down to what they could get then or now in a deal, sure, but there is more to it. And what they could get then or now is solely because of the amount of years on his deal it's also because he is older now.

Some seem to think forgone conclusion more teams would want him then on an expiring deal but you think that's a fact and it's not. Could be teams like Denver or Indiana who someone mentioned who might consider him now who might not have then with no assurances he'd stay.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it only comes down to what they could get then or now in a deal, sure, but there is more to it. And what they could get then or now is solely because of the amount of years on his deal it's also because he is older now.

Some seem to think forgone conclusion more teams would want him then on an expiring deal but you think that's a fact and it's not. Could be teams like Denver or Indiana who someone mentioned who might consider him now who might not have then with no assurances he'd stay.
Meh. This is kind of a reach, but whatevs.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers, 76ers, Lakers need to make a move to sniff the Finals.

Anyone of the 3 that lands Morris would be my favorite.

Out of the 3 you mention, only the Clips can trade for Morris and that won't happen since they have PG in their roster...

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clippers' bench just scored 85 points in a regulation game. Last night the Wizards' bench scored 92.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. This is kind of a reach, but whatevs.
A team like Denver Or Indiana prefers he can walk than not?

I don't think the Cavs deal for him in the first place if they didn't believe he'd stay. And that was 26-year-old Love. Thinking Denver and Indiana might believe they have less chance to keep him as they probably aren't on the same level that Cavs team was expected to be with Love.

But we can go with the whatevs as far as we are concerned.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of the 3 you mention, only the Clips can trade for Morris and that won't happen since they have PG in their roster...
Why so?

Lakers would have to sacrifice Green.

But, it's not impossible.

Having George doesn't preclude them from grabbing Morris.

Paul is our starting 2 guard.

Harkless and Kawhi are the forwards.

Harkless, our first this Summer and a smaller deal like Robinson or Patterson would be fine by me.

But, I'd suspect they'd want Shamet.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, hindsight here. But it is a fact they should have dealt him before.

We don't KNOW what they could have got, but we can use common sense and make a pretty good guess.
The Cavs resigning Love on that contract, was a well calculated move by their F.O... They did it (on that size of contract) because they wanted to end up as near to the lux tax threshold as possible but just under it... It's basically a policy (one of them - others do different) that keeps the team flexible if they plan not to have any contract renewals on other than the rookies they land four years later...

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why so?

Lakers would have to sacrifice Green.

But, it's not impossible.

Having George doesn't preclude them from grabbing Morris.

Paul is our starting 2 guard.

Harkless and Kawhi are the forwards.

Harkless, our first this Summer and a smaller deal like Robinson or Patterson would be fine by me.

But, I'd suspect they'd want Shamet.

Green and KCP have "trade blocking" provision on their contracts... The Lakers can't trade for anyone other than a rookie (or min) contract for Kuzma...

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you overlook the fact that this should have been called an offensive foul on PG, this is pretty sweet: