• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. That is exactly the point.

it does matter.

Instead of getting multiple assets that Cleveland would have returned on an expiring contract, they will receive little to nothing.

They they tanked his trade value when they extended him. That is completely obvious to everyone outside of oblivious Cleveland fans
Little to nothing (well, nothing) is what they get had they not moved him and he walked.

With GMs sharing their discussion on deals, you still hold back way too much here.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, but Sucks to think that is probably more likely than not

Especially our lifetimes, we're about 20 years older than that dumdum

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little to nothing (well, nothing) is what they get had they not moved him and he walked.

With GMs sharing their discussion on deals, you still hold back way too much here.

I think his point is they should have dealt him as an expiring rather than re-signing him to a big deal. In hindsight that's definitely what they should have done, but maybe they thought they were better than they turned out to be, or that Love would help develop youngsters or something. Didn't work out that way, and now they will get far less than they would have.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, the Celtics are currently 12th in the NBA in RPG. Not great, but not terrible either.

His main asset on that end is versatility. He can guard multiple positions and not be a liability.

Overall, the main strength of this Celtics team on defense is versatility. They boast line-ups that are largely interchangeable and are currently giving up the fewest ppg to the opposition in the NBA.

Love for Hayward would absolutely be a downgrade defensively... worse than the individual trade-off would be the wrench thrown in the team dynamic.

Is a little extra rebounding worth that... ?... the answer to such a question is a rather easy "no" IMO.
Seems he's still an elite rebounder, and never heard anyone call Heyward a decent defender, but OK. You know your team.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that situation with Kevin Love. Got to think his days as a Cav are numbered.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially our lifetimes, we're about 20 years older than that dumdum
Gonna take a lot of luck for it to happen. Will either need to get lucky on a later pick or win the lottery the year a no brainer star comes out.

Their chance was with that Brooklyn pick, unfortunately Brooklyn didn't do their part.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think his point is they should have dealt him as an expiring rather than re-signing him to a big deal. In hindsight that's definitely what they should have done, but maybe they thought they were better than they turned out to be, or that Love would help develop youngsters or something. Didn't work out that way, and now they will get far less than they would have.
But he has also said he knows they could have moved him for a lot more than they can get for him now had they dealt him then. He doesn't know that. Nor do you.

And there's also that risk they don't get what they want and either they take less than they want or he walks.

His (and your) point is a guess.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he has also said he knows they could have moved him for a lot more than they can get for him now had they dealt him then. He doesn't know that. Nor do you.

And there's also that risk they don't get what they want and either they take less than they want or he walks.

Again, hindsight here. But it is a fact they should have dealt him before.

We don't KNOW what they could have got, but we can use common sense and make a pretty good guess.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tlance you got owned pretty bad....Sad! See you guys in a few weeks....

You have never owned anything. You have been wrong about just about everything you have ever said on this forum. It is actually somewhat impressive just how spectacularly wrong you have been.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im moving back to Boston in 3 months, I did bring my winning ways to CLE tho...Got them a chip well i was here watching as a fan lol
Thanks.......though I would have preferred you extended your luck to the Browns or Tribe instead.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be fooled. They knew they were rebuilding. Hoping your comment was sarcasm.

Not according to your boy @lebron23james

I agree they knew they were rebuilding very early in 2018. Not sure they had totally committed to that over the summer before.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, hindsight here. But it is a fact they should have dealt him before.

We don't KNOW what they could have got, but we can use common sense and make a pretty good guess.
You get most here saying they had to deal him then were calling him injury prone and an awful defender then, too?

Now they were getting a haul for him at that time?

It's only a "fact" if you know what they were offered and was a package they wanted. You don't.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually don't and nor do you. But whatever.

been over this.

Tobias Harris returned 2 firsts last year.

Yes, we do know Love would have been coveted by playoff teams.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems he's still an elite rebounder, and never heard anyone call Heyward a decent defender, but OK. You know your team.
Ok, fair enough.

I think my points will be best proven when a potential "Love to the Celtics" trade never, ever happens.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not according to your boy @lebron23james

I agree they knew they were rebuilding very early in 2018. Not sure they had totally committed to that over the summer before.
No one here is my boy. I will agree and disagree with fellow Cavalier fans. You know, that whole post not poster thing I have.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
been over this.

Tobias Harris returned 2 firsts last year.

Yes, we do know Love would have been coveted by playoff teams.
This is the Love you and many others have also called injury prone, an awful defender and not getting any younger?

Wasn't Harris also 2-3 years younger?

Sure thing.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, fair enough.

I think my points will be best proven when a potential "Love to the Celtics" trade never, ever happens.
That would mean they never, ever had discussions and Heyward was not mentioned in the deals?

OK.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's about the Lakers or their standing in Los Angeles.

I think they revel in beating you, despite being 3rd class citizens.

For whatever reason, they just don't play that hard against anyone else.

This is what I'm getting at. Maybe beating the Lakers means too much to them at this point.

There's more history there than just LA being a Lakers town.

PG felt the Lakers didn't try hard enough to get him. I'm sure the Lakers weren't pleased that he didn't even take a meeting.

The battle for Kawhi came down to the Lakers and Clippers. Some in the Lakers organization (as well as some fans) feel Kawhi played them. Kawhi felt the Lakers couldn't be trusted after Magic opened his fat mouth about his meeting with Kawhi.

Kawhi and PG are both from SoCal, so they are well aware of the Clippers standing in LA...

Not saying that's all of it. But it may be part. Clearly something is a little off. There's plenty of season left and I'm pretty sure they'll get it figured out.

It's interesting. They're 25-12, which in most seasons would be a reason to celebrate in Clipperland. But this year, somehow it feels like they are struggling.

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the Love you and many others have also called injury prone, an awful defender and not getting any younger?

Wasn't Harris also 2-3 years younger?

Sure thing.

Which is precisely why teams would want him on an expiring deal, but not so much on a long term deal.

Again, let’s apply some common sense.

It is a lot easier to stay healthy for 3 months than 4 years.