• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's tough to think of any team out there that would both 1.) crave a Kevin Love and 2.) be able to absorb that salary without the costs of the transaction creeping up on any potential benefits.

I personally can't think of a team that would be eager to pull the trigger.

Which isn't to say that KLove doesn't have some real value. It's just an awkward market out there for his services based on multiple factors.

For instance: the Celtics could theoretically benefit from such an addition... but they would have to give up Marcus Smart (or Hayward) plus more pieces and picks... hell no. I'm not even a little tempted to support that.
Portland.

Maybe Detroit if the Cavs were willing to eat Blake for a pick.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They look like pretenders to me.

Outside of the Lakers, they can't beat anyone.

They can’t lose at home to the Knicks, can they?

At some point, you have to forget about load management and play your guys to build some chemistry. Alternating games where PG or Kawhi sit isn’t going to cut it.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And therein lies the problem.

They did not think they were rebuilding. They did not accurately assess the talent they had on their roster. And even if they were playing to win last year, what was the best case? 35 wins?

That is NBA purgatory right there.

Not sure what you mean by last year unless you are talking about 2 years ago when they signed him in 2018?...They may have assumed the players may have developed faster than they are, or been better, or that love would have stepped up(He didn't, and was injured all last year)....It's not easy to assess how a rookie will turn out so i don't really fault them for that, they still may get good in years 3-6...That is likely why they decided to keep love and sign him because he was only 29 at the time. I don't really have a problem with it, unless they could have got him for cheaper which we don't know...

Luckily, they aren't in NBA purgatory anyways so it's not really that bad anyways...Trading Love just speeds up a rebuild, they are getting another top pick either way

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They look like pretenders to me.

Outside of the Lakers, they can't beat anyone.

It's almost like they're distracted by the Lakers.

I wonder if the whole thing about trying to "win LA" is getting to them?

They've never been in this position before where they are not only competing eye to eye with the Lakers, but would actually be considered the favorites if they met in the playoffs.

They are also constantly reminded that they are 2nd fiddle in LA.

They say all of the right things as far as understanding the history the Lakers have and all...but on some level, it's got to wear on them.

This is also the first time in their careers that Kawhi and PG have had this much pressure on them. With the Spurs, there was always Timmy, Parker and Manu to keep the pressure off of Kawhi and last year, no one saw that run coming.

PG has never really been on a team with these kinds of expectations. Even with the Thunder, which is the closest he's come, most of the pressure was on Westbrook.

Now, for the first time in their careers, the pressure is directly on them.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what you mean by last year unless you are talking about 2 years ago when they signed him in 2018?...They may have assumed the players may have developed faster than they are, or been better, or that love would have stepped up(He didn't, and was injured all last year)....It's not easy to assess how a rookie will turn out so i don't really fault them for that, they still may get good in years 3-6...That is likely why they decided to keep love and sign him because he was only 29 at the time. I don't really have a problem with it, unless they could have got him for cheaper which we don't know...

Luckily, they aren't in NBA purgatory anyways so it's not really that bad anyways...Trading Love just speeds up a rebuild, they are getting another top pick either way

They signed him before last season. Summer of 2018.

They should have known that they did not have a very competitive roster with or without Love.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They signed him before last season. Summer of 2018.

They should have known that they did not have a very competitive roster with or without Love.

Well they had a decent amount of picks coming, and they probably felt they could trade him if it didn't work out. Signing him to a long term contract made him attractive to places that have a hard time keeping stars....The negative was the amount of money they signed him too tho...I still think he will be moved tho anyways, and if he is none of what you are saying matters, like the majority of your posts

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they had a decent amount of picks coming, and they probably felt they could trade him if it didn't work out. Signing him to a long term contract made him attractive to places that have a hard time keeping stars....The negative was the amount of money they signed him too tho...I still think he will be moved tho anyways, and if he is none of what you are saying matters, like the majority of your posts
How does it feel to know deep down inside that the Cavs will never win another championship in your lifetime?

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Portland.

Maybe Detroit if the Cavs were willing to eat Blake for a pick.
Yeah... I like Portland as a destination better than Detroit.

Portland is the first name I've heard where it has actually seemed like a fit.

What would the Blazers have to give up to make salaries match? :think:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No. That is exactly the point.

it does matter.

Instead of getting multiple assets that Cleveland would have returned on an expiring contract, they will receive little to nothing.

They they tanked his trade value when they extended him. That is completely obvious to everyone outside of oblivious Cleveland fans

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does it feel to know deep down inside that the Cavs will never win another championship in your lifetime?

Once you win once you are only chasing the high...Shaqdaddy told me that from her crack days

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once you win once you are only chasing the high...Shaqdaddy told me that from her crack days
Keep chasing that high. I wish you could know what it's like to have a dynasty winning rings left and right but you'll never know.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. That is exactly the point.

it does matter.

Instead of getting multiple assets that Cleveland would have returned on an expiring contract, they will receive little to nothing.

They they tanked his trade value when they extended him. That is completely obvious to everyone outside of oblivious Cleveland fans

You are so dumb i wasn't going to respond, but i feel generous

1) If Love just left they got no assets in return

2) They had a chance if they hit homeruns in the draft to be good with Love still relatively young

3) Love isn't winning them enough games currently anyways to prevent a top pick

4) If they still trade him then they do indeed get assets in return

Feel free to respond with some gibbersih i will make sure to not read it lol

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How do you know where LeBron James V will end up in 70 years?

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep chasing that high. I wish you could know what it's like to have a dynasty winning rings left and right but you'll never know.

I am from Boston, i have seen more winning then i know what to do with it. It was so much it use to be a pain coming home from work, with all the constant parades

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are so dumb i wasn't going to respond, but i feel generous

1) If Love just left they got no assets in return

2) They had a chance if they hit homeruns in the draft to be good with Love still relatively young

3) Love isn't winning them enough games currently anyways to prevent a top pick

4) If they still trade him then they do indeed get assets in return

Feel free to respond with some gibbersih i will make sure to not read it lol

Hopefully if you get another top pick, whoever you draft will play like a top pick
#garbageroster