• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet, some Cleveland fans who will remain nameless are still unwilling to concede that Love’s extension hurt his trade value.

Bad contracts are part of the game. Bosh got a max contract after Lebron left Miami for 5 years 120 mill....

Love is not really hurting their rebuild, so it's not like they "need" to trade him either way...If some team gets desperate pull the trigger, if not who cares

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about All-star game here. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about All-Star games. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about All-star games, not a real game, not a playoff game, not a game, but we're talking about the All-Star game. Not a real game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about All-star game. How silly is that? ... Now I know that I'm supposed to lead by example and all that but I'm not shoving that aside like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I honestly do but we're talking about the All-Star game. We're talking about All-Star game man. We're talking about All-Star game. We're talking about the All-Star game.

Holy Shit!! All this time l23j was really Allen Iverson.

Who knew? lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad contracts are part of the game. Bosh got a max contract after Lebron left Miami for 5 years 120 mill....

The difference is that Miami wasn't going into a full rebuild like the Cavs. They still had the players to compete directly with the Cavs for the East. Unfortunately for them, Bosh's blood clot issues prevented that.

Love is not really hurting their rebuild, so it's not like they "need" to trade him either way...If some team gets desperate pull the trigger, if not who cares

They definitely don't "need" to trade him. But the assets he would bring if he were on a contract that more teams would be willing to take on, could help the rebuild a lot. Imagine what another first round pick or 2 and another good young player or 2 could do for them.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is that Miami wasn't going into a full rebuild like the Cavs. They still had the players to compete directly with the Cavs for the East. Unfortunately for them, Bosh's blood clot issues prevented that.

They definitely don't "need" to trade him. But the assets he would bring if he were on a contract that more teams would be willing to take on, could help the rebuild a lot. Imagine what another first round pick or 2 and another good young player or 2 could do for them.

Either were the Cavs. They started off around .500 before it fell apart, and it didn't help that love got injured. I think they thought the younger draft picks would develop faster or be better and with love they would possibly make the playoffs.

I'm not sure they could have kept him if they offered him less, so how it plays out is still yet to be seen. I personally don't think Love makes a team better if he is your A or B star. He can't really be the 1 or 2 player on a team. He is more like a luxury to have when you have 2 other alphas, sorta like having a green...You wouldn't want to count on the guy to win you games on his own

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either were the Cavs. They started off around .500 before it fell apart, and it didn't help that love got injured. I think they thought the younger draft picks would develop faster or be better and with love they would possibly make the playoffs.

Actually, once Lebron left, they were. Kevin Love isn't a player that you build a contender around, he's a guy you add. Plus, they really had no one else as far as a star quality player.

Miami had Bosh (who was in his prime) and D-Wade who was at the tail end of his.

I'm not sure they could have kept him if they offered him less, so how it plays out is still yet to be seen. I personally don't think Love makes a team better if he is your A or B star. He can't really be the 1 or 2 player on a team. He is more like a luxury to have when you have 2 other alphas, sorta like having a green...You wouldn't want to count on the guy to win you games on his own

Yeah, I tend to agree. Love is a very good #2 and a potentially devastating #3. That's why I wish there were a way for the Lakers to get him. He would provide a 3 point shooter that teams actually have to fear, rather than guys who are "streaky".

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/QUOTE] Yeah, I tend to agree. Love is a very good #2 and a potentially devastating #3. That's why I wish there were a way for the Lakers to get him. He would provide a 3 point shooter that teams actually have to fear, rather than guys who are "streaky".[/QUOTE]

The money shouldn't be an issue if you want to win, although we aren't cutting the checks lol

Actually Love would def put the Lakers way over the top imo. That is why i think even with his large contract, a smart team should still want to pick him up badly (Which is why i think he will still get traded). If any team is in win now, they should go all out for him and worry about the money later. All the teams that have won recently spent way into the luxury tax to win.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this your way of admitting you were wrong?

Because they would not have both signed in say... Indiana.

Even if they had cap space and a proven strong organization.

You know, the ironic thing is that I even predicted you'd reference the Pacers in this post...Go figure.

And no, the Pacers were never going to attract an all-star level player in 2019 due to the uncertainty surrounding Oladipo's injury. Really, we were fortunate to land the guys we did.

I'm going to say it right now - If the Pacers somehow land home court in the first round (not likely, but still possible), then Pritchard should win Executive of the Year.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The money shouldn't be an issue if you want to win, although we aren't cutting the checks lol

Actually Love would def put the Lakers way over the top imo. That is why i think even with his large contract, a smart team should still want to pick him up badly (Which is why i think he will still get traded). If any team is in win now, they should go all out for him and worry about the money later. All the teams that have won recently spent way into the luxury tax to win.

That's the problem his contract presents though. I guarantee the Lakers would love to get him. He can shoot the 3, he rebounds, he knows how to play with Lebron and, while he doesn't do it as much anymore, he can score in the paint as well. As long as he stayed healthy, Love would make them the favorites for the title.

If the Lakers thought they had anything to offer that they thought the Cavs would remotely want, Pelinka would already be on the phone with them and Lebron would be tweeting stuff.

Heck, considering what Kobe has said about Pelinka, he's probably already been in touch with the Cavs, just so that he can say he left no stone unturned.

The problem isn't whether or not the Lakers would be willing to pay that contract, they absolutely would.

The problem is that with what they gave up to get AD, they don't have the draft picks the Cavs want (unless they're willing to wait until 2023 or 2024 and hope the Lakers suck by then). Also, outside of Kuzma, I don't think the Lakers have anyone the Cavs would want beyond expiring deals and the best expiring contract as far as salary match (KCP) has an NTC.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you sell yourself short like that?

So does this mean you're now going to conduct an extensive search for any non-Lakers/Warriors fan that hates Westbrook and/or Harden?

It really doesn't matter what team one roots for in this case. If those two players wore purple and gold as opposed to red and black, there's hardly any denying that just about everyone on here would look upon them differently.

You Lakers fans, in particular, think you're entitled to everyone and everything.

Whether you'd like to admit it or not, I'm sure you hold a certain amount of bitterness toward those two guys for the simple fact they never considered playing for your team.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs might be able to trade him, but ehh.
He's 31, making over 30M/year.
Poor defender and can’t stay healthy.
Been mostly healthy all season only taking load management days off for the most part this year.

And also capable of going for 15-18, 10-12 AND spread the floor with an outside shot.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's tough to think of any team out there that would both 1.) crave a Kevin Love and 2.) be able to absorb that salary without the costs of the transaction creeping up on any potential benefits.

I personally can't think of a team that would be eager to pull the trigger.

Which isn't to say that KLove doesn't have some real value. It's just an awkward market out there for his services based on multiple factors.

For instance: the Celtics could theoretically benefit from such an addition... but they would have to give up Marcus Smart (or Hayward) plus more pieces and picks... hell no. I'm not even a little tempted to support that.
Then you've fallen in love with your own players. GMs can't have that luxury.

You obviously watch them more than me and agree would not move Smart for him, but Heyward? Have to at least consider as then you can put Tatum back at SF and get a big that you could use as a rebounder and to spread the floor on O.

Or are you thinking maybe they'd move Heyward and get something better than Love (serious Q...not saying that's not possible)?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I wish the Lakers had the assets to trade for him. Assuming he stayed healthy, he could put them over the top. They're in a little different situation than your C's. Outside of Kuz and AD, the Lakers are older and therefore, very much in "win now" mode. The Celtics are young and can afford wait for young guys to develop a little more or look for younger pieces to add that are on smaller deals.

It's like the teams that would really want him, don't have the assets and teams with assets, don't want him.
Last line might be true, but we don't know what other teams want or think they need.

Denver has wanted him for a while and supposedly had a deal in place to get him a few years ago. Not sure if they have the same FO though (and, yeah, Love a few years older).

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So one plays o does this mean you're now going to conduct an extensive search for any non-Lakers/Warriors fan that hates Westbrook and/or Harden?

Why would I waste my time like that? All one needs to do is read the posts to see that there are plenty beyond Lakers fans and Warriors fans that don't like either of them.

It really doesn't matter what team one roots for in this case. If those two players wore purple and gold as opposed to red and black, there's hardly any denying that just about everyone on here would look upon them differently.

I can't speak for others, but not really. Obviously, I'd root for them because I care more about the Lakers as a team and organization than I do what players are on the team.

If they were Lakers, my opinion of both would be the same. I don't like watching Harden, because I don't like watching guys who dribble out 18-20 second of the shot clock before throwing themselves into drawing a fake foul. The only difference is, I wouldn't avoid watching him as much as possible because I'm watching the Lakers no matter what.

I love watching Westbrook because no one in the league plays harder at both ends of the floor. I just wouldn't like watching him on the Lakers nearly as much because he has been making the same mistakes for as long as he's been in the league and doesn't appear to learn from them.

So no, at least as far as I'm concerned, my opinion wouldn't change much at all.

I'd also say that it's more likely that if either of them played for the Lakers, there would be a few of those who currently like them that no longer would, simply because they went to the Lakers.

Whether you'd like to admit it or not, I'm sure you hold a certain amount of bitterness toward those two guys for the simple fact they never considered playing for your team.

And whether you'd like to admit it or not, you're wrong. I've never wanted either player on the Lakers, so I've never cared whether they would consider playing for them or not.

I've never liked watching Harden and pretty much everyone on here has seen me describe Westbrook as my favorite player to watch play for someone else.

I sure hope that isn't your criteria for liking a player or not. Otherwise, you must hate every star level player in the league.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet, some Cleveland fans who will remain nameless are still unwilling to concede that Love’s extension hurt his trade value.
And some don't seem to get with no extension and Love walking he has zero trade value to the Cavs. But I'll name you.

There are likely teams who had the assets and wanted Love would go after him if he had 1 year left or 3. Curious @trojanfan12 , you said your team would want him but don't have the assets. You "liked" the post to which I replied, though. LA would say thanks but no thanks even though Love has 3 years left if they had the assets to move for him as opposed to only 1 year left (and could walk away with AD if he wanted)?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been mostly healthy all season only taking load management days off for the most part this year.

And also capable of going for 15-18, 10-12 AND spread the floor with an outside shot.

No reason to enter into a multi post debate.
I say his value has diminished, and the multiple years left on his contract is no asset to any team getting him.
Let's see what they can get for him, unless you think they really aren't trying to move him.
If you think that, I'd like to know the reason(s) why.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

True. It's interesting. He's a good enough player that the Cavs can/should get a lot for him. So, purely from the value he can bring to a team (at least for a couple of seasons), he's worth a lot of assets and taking on that money.

But the back end of that contract could get ugly. Especially if adding him doesn't result in a title.

As I've said, if the Lakers had any assets that the Cavs would want, I would love to see them give up every one of them to get him.

But if the Lakers didn't get a title from it, I'd likely be spending the last couple of years of that contract bitching about it.
all true....but suppose they dealt for him with only 1 year left, they didn't win it this season and he decided he does not want the LeDrama again and left?

Never mind, of course, without the extension the team dealing him to you might not even be the Cavs.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine are included with my seats.
Regular season ticket holders have first option to purchase, price depends on seat location obviously.
Why, you coming down?

Probably. Trying to aim for playoffs time. Mid April when the first round starts