• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep Mayfield's the reason Freddie was in over his head & was an awful play caller this year. And his team lacked serious disipline all season long. Mayfield's a jackass & deserves some flack for his sophomore slump. But this is more about Kicthens being a terrible HC.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep Mayfield's the reason Freddie was in over his head & was an awful play caller this year. And his team lacked serious disipline all season long. Mayfield's a jackass & deserves some flack for his sophomore slump. But this is more about Kicthens being a terrible HC.

Yes and no. Kitchens was definitely out over his skis, but that is on the GM moreso than him. He never should have been hired. But he was apparently "Bakers guy". Also, it's been reported that one of the requirements for being HC was going to be retaining Kitchens as OC. All of that is on Dorsey.

Baker spent the off season making commercials, etc. instead of working on his game. That's on him.

Overall, the Browns were one of the most immature professional teams I've ever seen. That's an organizational issue, not just a head coach issue.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and no. Kitchens was definitely out over his skis, but that is on the GM moreso than him. He never should have been hired. But he was apparently "Bakers guy". Also, it's been reported that one of the requirements for being HC was going to be retaining Kitchens as OC. All of that is on Dorsey.

Baker spent the off season making commercials, etc. instead of working on his game. That's on him.

Overall, the Browns were one of the most immature professional teams I've ever seen. That's an organizational issue, not just a head coach issue.

Yes Freddie was Bakers guy. And totally agree about what you said about Mayfield's off season. But it gets worse. That jackass said he doesn't need to work with a QB coach this offseason. What a moron.

But I 100% disagree with you saying the immaturity of the team this year is an organizational issue. This year the Browns finished near the top in penalities. Yet last year they finished # 18. Freddie was the real problem. He didn't have the respect of vets in the locker room. And it showed on the field all season long.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No doubt about that last comment. Much of that falls on Dorsey who wanted a coach he could control more than anything (didn't want another Reid situation). He also cared too much about splash moves and name players over fit and maturity.

Hope they give Paul Dipodesta a larger role (if he wants it). Nothing wrong with having smart people around...and listening to them.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Freddie was Bakers guy. And totally agree about what you said about Mayfield's off season. But it gets worse. That jackass said he doesn't need to work with a QB coach this offseason. What a moron.

But I 100% disagree with you saying the immaturity of the team this year is an organizational issue. This year the Browns finished near the top in penalities. Yet last year they finished # 18. Freddie was the real problem. He didn't have the respect of vets in the locker room. And it showed on the field all season long.
That's a good point, too. I do think this is the type of player Dorsey wanted, but also believe a more respected coach could have reigned them in.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually one does not have to hate LeBron to be pleased OSU lost. I always root for OSU and Alabama and Clemson to lose. Because those three are in the four team playoff pretty much every freaking year.
Can't really disagree, but OSU played Clemson...guess you win and lose either way?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of The U I loved their attitude in the late 80's & early 90's. They talked alotta shit, and backed just about all of it up.
Love the 30 for 30 on those teams if you haven't seen it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too as you can see under my avatar. I went to Cal. It's just dumb seeing the same handful of teams every year.
Are you saying you'd like to have 8 teams? Or just annoyed the same teams continue to have the most success (probably due to better recruiting)?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep it is ridiculous. LSU is a nice new face so I would like them to win but almost every year it is usually some combination of Ohio State, Bama, Clemson,Oklahoma, and some other team from the SEC West.

This is why I prefer CBB over CFB.

1) The teams are not pussy and schedule big time regular season games all the time.

2) Their postseason is unpredictable. Not the best basketball but at least we usually have no idea who the final 4 will be
Most top programs in CFB schedule 1 top game out of 3 OOC. Maybe 2. Bball teams schedule, what, a dozen or so OOC? You think most have many more than 4-6+ tough games (if they even have 4)?

But I do love the Tourney

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WILL admit i rooted for the 'Canes the year they played Nebraska...

had some SERIOUS hate for the Cornholers at the time...
Went to the Fiesta Bowl when they played PSU...and, yeah, cheered for the Canes.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad thing is I always thought their 2nd half schedule was easy enough where they would go 6-2 or something along those lines.

They instead went 4-4.

Finished the year losing their final 6 away from Cleveland after winning the first 2 road games of the year.

This was a step backwards for Baker.
No question...why the guy hired to bring him along is gone. We'll know after next year if he's the real deal or a fraud.