• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#TimedoesntvindicateWiggy

Whiteside playing at all-star level.
Won't make it because they don't have to select true centers anymore.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you not like that these are the best in the world at what they do? That the majority of games are close/competitive?

I don't care for soccer, but wouldn't say it sucks. Just not my thing.

I'm saying that you have a ton of people watching 2nd halfs of games, just rooting for stats. because actual outcome of game is not in question.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying that you have a ton of people watching 2nd halfs of games, just rooting for stats. because actual outcome of game is not in question.
You can say it but you'd be wrong. Sure many are watching for stats, but the majority of games are not blowouts. Few go into the second half each week with the outcome determined.

If you just don't like it? So be it, but no need to make up reasons why.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it wasn't for gambling, fantasy, etc., viewership for NFL would be terrible.
Most actual games suck.

The NFL already is spiraling (not ratings wise)...some games are unwatchable just bc of the refs. While not one game in sports is perfectly officiated. College is light years ahead of the NFL bc the refs actually know the rules. The NFL is a mess and I actually have enjoyed the NFL for decades now but the only reason I watch it now is bc of fantasy football, that is sad.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can say it but you'd be wrong. Sure many are watching for stats, but the majority of games are not blowouts. Few go into the second half each week with the outcome determined.

If you just don't like it? So be it, but no need to make up reasons why.

Yesterday, a lot of games weren't determined that early, but not the case most weeks.
I'm not making anything up, because I'm usually sitting there watching the shit games, monitoring stats.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL already is spiraling (not ratings wise)...some games are unwatchable just bc of the refs. While not one game in sports is perfectly officiated. College is light years ahead of the NFL bc the refs actually know the rules. The NFL is a mess and I actually have enjoyed the NFL for decades now but the only reason I watch it now is bc of fantasy football, that is sad.
Problem is the added rules in the NFL, not whether the refs know them.

You like the targeting rule in CFB? CFB lucky this was the only major change they made for safety other than allowing FC on KOs. (at least that I can think of)

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday, a lot of games weren't determined that early, but not the case most weeks.
I'm not making anything up, because I'm usually sitting there watching the shit games, monitoring stats.
If you think most games are over by the half, yes, you are making it up. I'll look for something more recent and with more games, but a month into last year, nearly 70% of games were within 1 score going into the FOURTH quarter, not just half time.

NFL happy with more scoring, close games

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is the added rules in the NFL, not whether the refs know them.

You like the targeting rule in CFB? CFB lucky this was the only major change they made for safety other than allowing FC on KOs. (at least that I can think of)

It has to do with both bc the rule changes affect what the refs call. But we have seen the refs make terrible calls over and over again in big games all year...the NFL even saying after the wrong calls were made without punishment. There is an obvious problem with the rules and how the refs interpret these rules, it doesn't help them that some of these rule changes are still 50/50 calls (like the PI).

Yeah the targeting rule in CFB is fine bc they are clear what the rule is and over time the refs have adjusted but the NFL has so many rule changes there is no way to be consistent. They have the same targeting rule in the NFL (without the ejection) and the NFL can't even be consistent on this call. College football has for the most part. Adding the PI was just an awful decision.

College >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NFL, easily

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went ahead and checked first 8 games this season. If you care to do last half have at it.

These are amount of 1 score games at END of game, not just at half....

week 1 - 9/16
2 - 9/16
3 - 9/16
4 - 7/15
5 - 9/15
6 - 9/14
7 - 3/14 (9/14 at half)
8 - 7/15 (11/15 at half)

If I counted correctly it's 53 of 105 games are 1 score game at END. But you think most are over by halftime?

Yeah...you made it up.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has to do with both bc the rule changes affect what the refs call. But we have seen the refs make terrible calls over and over again in big games all year...the NFL even saying after the wrong calls were made without punishment. There is an obvious problem with the rules and how the refs interpret these rules, it doesn't help them that some of these rule changes are still 50/50 calls (like the PI).

Yeah the targeting rule in CFB is fine bc they are clear what the rule is and over time the refs have adjusted but the NFL has so many rule changes there is no way to be consistent. They have the same targeting rule in the NFL (without the ejection) and the NFL can't even be consistent on this call. College football has for the most part. Adding the PI was just an awful decision.

College >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NFL, easily
In your opinion.

I love CFB, but I also prefer watching the players who are far better. I prefer watching the sport where the majority of games are close and competitive. There's no SEC/FCS week in the NFL.

Also prefer the sport with set rules to make the playoffs.

Are there issues? Yep. agree too many of the new rules are not definitive and judgement calls. Hate because Payton cried they added PI to review (I think that will be taken away after the season).

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went ahead and checked first 8 games this season. If you care to do last half have at it.

These are amount of 1 score games at END of game, not just at half....

week 1 - 9/16
2 - 9/16
3 - 9/16
4 - 7/15
5 - 9/15
6 - 9/14
7 - 3/14 (9/14 at half)
8 - 7/15 (11/15 at half)

If I counted correctly it's 53 of 105 games are 1 score game at END. But you think most are over by halftime?

Yeah...you made it up.

Make a chart of how many of those games had one of two meaningless scores as far winning/losing the game, then get back to me.

And, even if just around 50% of games are unwatchable because outcome already known, that’s alot.

Anyway, not interested in a 100 post debate.
If you think the games are worth watching on their own merit, good for you. Enjoy!

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make a chart of how many of those games had one of two meaningless scores as far winning/losing the game, then get back to me.

And, even if just around 50% of games are unwatchable because outcome already known, that’s alot.

Anyway, not interested in a 100 post debate.
If you think the games are worth watching on their own merit, good for you. Enjoy!
now you want a chart? You claimed the majority of games were over by halftime. I showed you just over half were 1 score games at the END of the game.

If you don't like the NFL, so be it.....but you were wrong.

As I said, I don't like soccer. But I don't make up reasons why. Just not my thing.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now you want a chart? You claimed the majority of games were over by halftime. I showed you just over half were 1 score games at the END of the game.

If you don't like the NFL, so be it.....but you were wrong.

As I said, I don't like soccer. But I don't make up reasons why. Just not my thing.

I love the NFL because of fantasy, etc.
Tons of games suck though.

And, you posted a chart.
Im telling you its subjective.
Many out of reach games have meaningless end of game scores, which would make a game appear to be closer, if you just are looking at the bottom line.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the NFL because of fantasy, etc.
Tons of games suck though.
So you keep saying....but the majority are close. And for sure they are close going into second half.

But you can go ahead and have the last word as I know you cannot control yourself if I reply again.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you keep saying....but the majority are close. And for sure they are close going into second half.

But you can go ahead and have the last word as I know you cannot control yourself if I reply again.

So now you agree with me?

"And for sure they are close going into second half."

So, as I said, a ton of games are unwatchable in the second half unless you are watching for stats.

Last word?
No more needed?

But you will!!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, but if he thinks only Mahomes and Jackson are current elite QBs he's talking elite of the elite. different sport, sure, but to me that's kooky talk not to include Brees.

Here you go again.

You are a real piece of shit.

First, you call my opinion foolish.

Then, when I defend it, you accuse me of stating opinion as fact.

Then, you ask a question about who the elite QBs are hoping to catch me using different criteria. When I apply the same standards, you call that opinion crazy.

Nobody agrees with you on Love. And you don’t get to call my opinion foolish or crazy, because a lot of yours are trash. You are among the biggest hypocrites on these boards.

And I said from the jump that we obviously had different definitions of elite. I know mine rejects a lot of good players. But that is the point.

Drew Brees is great all time. He has been very good this year. But bottom line that team really didn’t miss a beat when he was out because they have an amazing football team. They aren’t winning because Brees is carrying them. They are winning because they have a balanced team that is good in every phase of the game.

Put Lamar Jackson or Pat Mahomes on the Saints instead of Brees and they might not lose a game. That is elite.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here you go again.

You are a real piece of shit.

First, you call my opinion foolish.

Then, when I defend it, you accuse me of stating opinion as fact.

Then, you ask a question about who the elite QBs are hoping to catch me using different criteria. When I apply the same standards, you call that opinion crazy.

Nobody agrees with you on Love. And you don’t get to call my opinion foolish or crazy, because a lot of yours are trash. You are among the biggest hypocrites on these boards.

And I said from the jump that we obviously had different definitions of elite. I know mine rejects a lot of good players. But that is the point.

Drew Brees is great all time. He has been very good this year. But bottom line that team really didn’t miss a beat when he was out because they have an amazing football team. They aren’t winning because Brees is carrying them. They are winning because they have a balanced team that is good in every phase of the game.

Put Lamar Jackson or Pat Mahomes on the Saints instead of Brees and they might not lose a game. That is elite.
Easy there Yosemite. You really don't like when someone disagrees with you, sport. You are pure comedy. Anyone who watches the NFL knows Brees is still elite. You realized, however, you could not include more than 2 based on your previous comments. Probably other elite QBs as well.

Calling Brees only "very good this year" does not help you. Lamar Jackson lost to the Browns. You might want to stop.

Can't wait for the SportsHoopla "I cannot refute your comment" facepalm.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy there Yosemite. You really don't like when someone disagrees with you, sport. You are pure comedy. Anyone who watches the NFL knows Brees is still elite. You realized, however, you could not include more than 2 based on your previous comments. Probably other elite QBs as well.

Calling Brees only "very good this year" does not help you. Lamar Jackson lost to the Browns. You might want to stop.

Can't wait for the SportsHoopla "I cannot refute your comment" facepalm.

Really?

If Drew Brees is still elite, then how do you explain the fact that the Saints went 5-0 with Bridgewater starting?

Saints are a great team. Brees is a big part of it and I still put him top 5 easily.

But he is not as good as Mahomes and Jackson. There is a sizable gap between them and the rest of the field. So they make up the elite tier of QBs IMO.

And I guarantee you others here will agree with me.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

If Drew Brees is still elite, then how do you explain the fact that the Saints went 5-0 with Bridgewater starting?

Saints are a great team. Brees is a big part of it and I still put him top 5 easily.

But he is not as good as Mahomes and Jackson. There is a sizable gap between them and the rest of the field. So they make up the elite tier of QBs IMO.

And I guarantee you others here will agree with me.
so because Saints are a great team Brees cannot be elite? TB was a solid QB and game manager while Brees was out. No question. Beat one good team (Seattle), the rest were avg to below avg (Dallas, TB, Jville, Bears). Under 200 yards 2X. Not often the reason his team won the game. Brees is.

Never mind you seem sure LJ goes undefeated there, even though he lost a game to the Browns.

As for your last guarantee, you guaranteed no one thought AD was elite prior to 2017-18 and seems you have been wrong.