• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the top, I stated that our definitions of elite are clearly different.

And you proceed to argue mine.

Then accuse of me of stating my opinion as fact.

Can’t make this up.

But, you may want to look up elite in the dictionary if Minnesota Love meets your criteria.
elite - a select group that is superior in terms of ability or qualities to the rest of a group or society:

I can certainly see thinking Love was not elite there, but by definition a case could be made he was elite.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the question again, is AD elite? Well he's been named 1st team all NBA 3x ('15, '17 & '18). How many times has Yer Boy Love been 1st team? Zero. And without looking any info up right now I can't think of another PF/C that's been named 1st team in that time frame. So yes I'd call AD elite.
Question is was he elite prior to the 2017-18 season? Seems you say he was. so do I.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about that...seems like there is a team like this in many offseasons. I can remember Philly and washington taking offseason crowns.

ok, I guess I COULD add the word 'recently" if it'll make you feel better. but let's be honest, the fact remains...

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same old spitballing going on here I see....LOL.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally irrelevant.

But right now

Mahomes and Jackson
I get you need to cut this list way short not to ruin your other argument, but how is this irrelevant?

Brees, a guy still performing at a record setting level, is not still elite?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so have to hope Freddie is the problem and not Baker. We are in trouble if it's Baker.

Don't see how we could get a franchise QB as while a big disappointment, we will still be no worse than a 4-8 win team with little chance at a high pick next couple years. No way after what he was left with Dorsey would or could start another tank.

I have to agree with tf12 that the guy regressed since last season. hoping for the Browns' sake that it's just a sophomore thing and he can work out the bugs next season. as a fan of the Chiefs I can personally attest that finding a franchise QB is definitely no small task...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, I guess I COULD add the word 'recently" if it'll make you feel better. but let's be honest, the fact remains...
No disagreement from me. They vastly underachieved and I cannot think of a reason to keep their coach. As Dustin Fox said (told to him often by coach Mel Tucker) you cannot teach awareness. And Freddie doesn't have it.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so have to hope Freddie is the problem and not Baker. We are in trouble if it's Baker.

Don't see how we could get a franchise QB as while a big disappointment, we will still be no worse than a 4-8 win team with little chance at a high pick next couple years. No way after what he was left with Dorsey would or could start another tank.

Oh so now you have an issue with Freddie's play calling? You're a funny fella. Remember that Seahawks game when I was questioning why Freddie called a pass play instead of a run & the result was an int. that resulted in Seattle putting points on the board right before HT? Well you defended his dumbass play call.

You've also defended Hunt. Saying you thought when he knocked that drunk girl back to the ground in that Cleveland hotel that it really wasn't that bad. You also defended him after I said he used really bad judgement outside of that Cleveland bar at like 1 in the morning when he go into that argument with his friend.

But you're never wrong, right?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
elite - a select group that is superior in terms of ability or qualities to the rest of a group or society:

I can certainly see thinking Love was not elite there, but by definition a case could be made he was elite.

I agree with that definition.

Go back in time to 2014 when Love made 2nd team.

LeBron and Durant were clearly elite.

Who else?

Maybe a case could be made for CP3 and Harden.

List ends there because there is a wide gulf between the guys in that tier and the next group. Love, Blake, etc were a lot closer to second team all star types than they were to that top tier.

So they were not elite IMO.

And most would agree with me.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get you need to cut this list way short not to ruin your other argument, but how is this irrelevant?

Brees, a guy still performing at a record setting level, is not still elite?

Different sport.

My definition remains the same. Best of the best. Guys who can put their team on their back and win against good teams.

Bree’s is very good. Not elite anymore though.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No disagreement from me. They vastly underachieved and I cannot think of a reason to keep their coach. As Dustin Fox said (told to him often by coach Mel Tucker) you cannot teach awareness. And Freddie doesn't have it.

Yesterday is a perfect example. Browns with ball third and short and they run a trick play? Just get the yard then dick around with trick plays. Instead they lose yardage and have to punt. That was a 14 point minimum swing with just an absolute jackassery of a call

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree with tf12 that the guy regressed since last season. hoping for the Browns' sake that it's just a sophomore thing and he can work out the bugs next season. as a fan of the Chiefs I can personally attest that finding a franchise QB is definitely no small task...
Something has to be said for Wiley's comments before the season that it was pretty much everyone but Freddie who helped with Baker's success...and Freddie dumped all of them.

The guy went from being maybe the best in the RZ to arguably the worst. Other than shovel and option pases at the wrong time the creativity mostly disappeared.

Another year like this one in a different scheme? No one else to blame.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never elite? Maybe, but debatable. Did AD make the conference Finals? And Love never had the talent in Minny that AD had in NO.
The difference is that AD has been able to maintain 26 ppg and 10 rebounds while Kevin Love hasnt. Love has also had serious injury issues over the years and yes he did have some help in Minnesota for a year or two before it fell apart.

Really good player, but not elite with 16 ppg and 9 rpg

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different sport.

My definition remains the same. Best of the best. Guys who can put their team on their back and win against good teams.

Bree’s is very good. Not elite anymore though.
I'll leave it at that. No more needs to be said. That's absurd.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scare me? Just stop your dumb little games. The only reason you mentioned AD (when I was only talking about Love) is I don't think he was elite in Minnesota like you said yesterday. For some odd reason it really bothers you whenever people don't agree with what you have to say.
My question is why does it bother him so much? Clearly Kevin Love has never been an elite player and clearly AD is

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday is a perfect example. Browns with ball third and short and they run a trick play? Just get the yard then dick around with trick plays. Instead they lose yardage and have to punt. That was a 14 point minimum swing with just an absolute jackassery of a call
Did you hear his excuse? Said the plan was go for it if it was incomplete.

Either he's an idiot as it would have been 4th from OWN 28 or he called anyone listening he thinks believes him an idiot.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is that AD has been able to maintain 26 ppg and 10 rebounds while Kevin Love hasnt. Love has also had serious injury issues over the years and yes he did have some help in Minnesota for a year or two before it fell apart.

Really good player, but not elite with 16 ppg and 9 rpg
No doubt not elite anymore.

But AD was well before 2017-18.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question is why does it bother him so much? Clearly Kevin Love has never been an elite player and clearly AD is
Nothing here "bothers me". It's a conversation, and I asked if he thought AD was elite prior to 2017-18. I say yes. You?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you hear his excuse? Said the plan was go for it if it was incomplete.

Either he's an idiot as it would have been 4th from OWN 28 or he called anyone listening he thinks believes him an idiot.

Yes I saw that

So again just completely change the momentum of the game with a stupid decision