• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't even mention AD in that comment of mine. I'm talking about Love. You called him elite. Comment # 8831- I'd call hime elite in Minnesota. He had zero playoff appearances with the Twolves. Good player. But not elite.
OK, and then I asked another question which was part of the discussion. Happens a lot and didn't mean to scare you.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anthony Davis Is Elite and has been for quite a few years.

Kevin is NOT ELITE and never has been an elite player. Without the best player on the planet, named Lebron, He never would have even sniffed the conference finals
Never elite? Maybe, but debatable. Did AD make the conference Finals? And Love never had the talent in Minny that AD had in NO.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the most fun Thunder team to watch since Durant-Westbrook-Harden-Ibaka days.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6. Browns prob biggest under achieving team in league.
Can't think of a bigger one. LAC and Dallas only ones who could possibly be in the discussion IMO.

I'm not usually a blame the coach guy, but hard to imagine they added talent and will finish with a worse record. He is just a complete dunderhead.

Though Dorsey deserves his share for being too much like a fan and going for splash over fit. I'd undo all his trades from last offseason given the chance.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Underachieving. Overhyped. Undisciplined. <---this one really bothers me. Thanks Freddie! The sports media really got that prediction wrong. There's talent in Cleveland right now. Prolem is Kitchens is in way over his head. Being coach & play caller is too much for him.

And if they lose today (which I expect to happen) that will be more losses than last year with one game remaining. With Kitchen's as coach this team isn't going to turn things around.

#firefreddie
AND the way they lost. End of first half rivals the disaster end of half against Seattle. Maybe worse.He is just not a smart man.

A lot falls on Dorsey, as well.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its hard to root for OBJ
He’s such a fucking douche
It can be. Only thing I'd say in his defense is the guy at least cares. Never quits. People are who they are, but if he could emulate Larry Fitzgerald that would be great...or even Chubb.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, and then I asked another question which was part of the discussion. Happens a lot and didn't mean to scare you.

Scare me? Just stop your dumb little games. The only reason you mentioned AD (when I was only talking about Love) is I don't think he was elite in Minnesota like you said yesterday. For some odd reason it really bothers you whenever people don't agree with what you have to say.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with @tlance.

Love has never been elite. He has definitely been a star and an all star.

AD until 2018, was basically a more athletic Kevin Love. A star caliber player putting up great numbers on a team he couldn't get to the playoffs.

Then, in 2018, he got them to the playoffs and won a series. That was when he separated himself from Love.

Love is a very good #2 and a potentially devastating #3. He's also likely a future hall of famer. But he hasn't broken through to elite status that is reserved for only the very few.
comments are all fair about Love and don't entirely disagree. I do think AD was elite before the playoff breakthrough, though.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scare me? Just stop your dumb little games. The only reason you mentioned AD (when I was only talking about Love) is I don't think he was elite in Minnesota like you said yesterday. For some odd reason it really bothers you whenever people don't agree with what you have to say.
I mentioned AD as he was part of the conversation you jumped into. Seemed like a very simple question. Weird you wont answer. If I start a seperate thread will you answer it?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure you just forgot to say in your opinion, but it is not in "fact".

From the top, I stated that our definitions of elite are clearly different.

And you proceed to argue mine.

Then accuse of me of stating my opinion as fact.

Can’t make this up.

But, you may want to look up elite in the dictionary if Minnesota Love meets your criteria.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's difficult to root for Mayfield, he's a jackass. But he's the QB of my team so I gotta root for the goofball.
so have to hope Freddie is the problem and not Baker. We are in trouble if it's Baker.

Don't see how we could get a franchise QB as while a big disappointment, we will still be no worse than a 4-8 win team with little chance at a high pick next couple years. No way after what he was left with Dorsey would or could start another tank.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
comments are all fair about Love and don't entirely disagree. I do think AD was elite before the playoff breakthrough, though.

And of course you would

Because you clearly have a looser definition of elite

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
top 6-7 of 450 is elite IMO.

How many NFL QBs do you think are elite?

It isn’t that simple. Some years that is true

There are tiers. Guys in the very top tier are elite. Some years that is 3 or less. Other years it is more.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned AD as he was part of the conversation you jumped into. Seemed like a very simple question. Weird you wont answer. If I start a seperate thread will you answer it?

What's the question again, is AD elite? Well he's been named 1st team all NBA 3x ('15, '17 & '18). How many times has Yer Boy Love been 1st team? Zero. And without looking any info up right now I can't think of another PF/C that's been named 1st team in that time frame. So yes I'd call AD elite.