• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers somehow winning games playing like shit and sloppy, can't keep doing this though with the high TO's and shooting bad from deep. Maybe they can be one of those teams that turns it on vs better competition but they are coming up on a tough stretch soon. We will see.

last couple of games they've been practically giving the ball away. the only thing that's kept those last couple of games from being losses was talent. and I agree, talent alone won't help in those situations against better teams. hoping they clean up those TO's or we're in for a beating or 2 in the near future...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point in all this is too early to call the Love signing good or bad or say if signing helps or hurts his value. Never mind if they didn't sign him it's possible he'd have no value to the cavs as he might have walked.

I don't think it was bad at all bc of two things. It's very difficult for the Cavs to attract good to great FA's and if he walks they get nothing for him. If they get a protected 1st, a player with an expiring contract and another add-in player it will be worth it in the end...bc they get him off the books long-term and acquire some kind of assets/picks for him.

Now if they are unable to trade him or unable to at least a 1st or young player with decent potential than it will be different.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers have loads of talent but complacency could be their biggest foe. Have to see how they react.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, what I said is it could boost his value. Never said we knew it would. You, of course, went extreme and couldn't see both sides (as you ignore he could have just left).

Depends which team or teams wanted him and their cap situation and/or where they were as far as how ready to contend.

Extreme?

No.

I just understand how players are valued relative to their contracts and am not viewing Love through Cav colored spectacles.

And I don’t ignore that he could left. He could have only left if Cav management chose not to trade him. And they would have had ample opportunity to do so.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, but Love also could have walked after last season. Something you continue to ignore for some reason.

No.

I have addressed it at least half a dozen times.

The team trading for Love would have preferred financial flexibility over a 4 year commitment. Love was worth a lot as a rental. He is worth less now because teams are nervous about what that contract is going to look like.

I am not ignoring anything.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Extreme?

No.

I just understand how players are valued relative to their contracts and am not viewing Love through Cav colored spectacles.

And I don’t ignore that he could left. He could have only left if Cav management chose not to trade him. And they would have had ample opportunity to do so.
Is funny you feel like you can make snarky comments but cry when they are directed at you. FTR, I don't mind those comments but stop being such a wuss when you get them back.

what Cav spectacles? Never claimed it was some brilliant move to sign him to the deal they did. Only we don't know if it would help or hinder them.

And he would be harder to deal to certain teams knowing he could leave if not signed beyond that season, right sport?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

I have addressed it at least half a dozen times.

The team trading for Love would have preferred financial flexibility over a 4 year commitment. Love was worth a lot as a rental. He is worth less now because teams are nervous about what that contract is going to look like.

I am not ignoring anything.
You are, but you be you.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is funny you feel like you can make snarky comments but cry when they are directed at you. FTR, I don't mind those comments but stop being such a wuss when you get them back.

what Cav spectacles? Never claimed it was some brilliant move to sign him to the deal they did. Only we don't know if it would help or hinder them.

And he would be harder to deal to certain teams knowing he could leave if not signed beyond that season, right sport?

No. No he would not be harder to deal. That is what you don’t get.

And if the team in question wanted an extension agreement from Love prior to the trade?

Well guess what?

They could have negotiated that.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. No he would not be harder to deal. That is what you don’t get.

And if the team in question wanted an extension agreement from Love prior to the trade?

Well guess what?

They could have negotiated that.
I get all of it. There are pros and cons to resigning him and not. You being you can't see the other side. And guess what else he could refuse to go to the team that wanted him so there's no deal.

And of course there's the notion they might be happy to have him longterm if they can't move him as opposed to losing him for nothing.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get all of it. There are pros and cons to resigning him and not. You being you can't see the other side. And guess what else he could refuse to go to the team that wanted him so there's no deal.

And of course there's the notion they might be happy to have him longterm if they can't move him as opposed to losing him for nothing.

A team can trade a player whenever they want unless he has a no trade clause.

Love did not.

He could have refused an extension, sure.

But you are grasping at straws here.

It is NBA fact that expiring contracts are easier to move than long deals. You keep referencing AD for some reason. There are 0 parallels to the 2 situations.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I agree.

There were definitely pros to extending Love.

His trade value was not one of them.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A team can trade a player whenever they want unless he has a no trade clause.

Love did not.

He could have refused an extension, sure.

But you are grasping at straws here.

It is NBA fact that expiring contracts are easier to move than long deals. You keep referencing AD for some reason. There are 0 parallels to the 2 situations.
You are speaking in general terms. And are arguing when really what I said was not debatable. There are pros and cons to either option (signing or not resigning). And there are teams who would rather know he was staying than not.

But you be you. Maybe keep going long enough where you can tell me all I want to do is argue...while you argue.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I agree.

There were definitely pros to extending Love.

His trade value was not one of them.
don't disagree this might be true in some instances. Certainly a middling team wont deal for him as an expiring contract to clear cap space.

Team I think he might end up probably prefers he have a few years left on his deal if they were to trade for him - Denver.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are speaking in general terms. And are arguing when really what I said was not debatable. There are pros and cons to either option (signing or not resigning). And there are teams who would rather know he was staying than not.

But you be you. Maybe keep going long enough where you can tell me all I want to do is argue...while you argue.

I am only talking about his trade value.

And that will be proven definitively.