• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair to him, East and West seems pretty even so far

1 great team in each conference followed by 4 or 5 really good teams then a lot of mediocre and bad teams after that.

7 teams over .500 in the East and 6 in the West

oh i agree. so far it's pretty even with a whole lotta season to go...

his mouth is tiresome, though...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh i agree. so far it's pretty even with a whole lotta season to go...

his mouth is tiresome, though...

Totally agree with that lol.

Most annoying poster on the board by far....maybe except Dorian

I would take that Bart character back if it meant Bucks will disappear

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's impossible. The East is much better.

You do realize we might not see him for a little while if the Lakers beat the Bucks on Thursday, right?
I think that was the idiot that said the Western Conference was much weaker than the eastern conference:pound:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair to him, East and West seems pretty even so far

1 great team in each conference followed by 4 or 5 really good teams then a lot of mediocre and bad teams after that.

7 teams over .500 in the East and 6 in the West
I do think we can put to rest the whole West dominates idea. They are close enough to even now, which is what people say they wanted and were coming up with all sorts of crazy playoff changes to try to 'fix'

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think we can put to rest the whole West dominates idea. They are close enough to even now, which is what people say they wanted and were coming up with all sorts of crazy playoff changes to try to 'fix'

Last year they were pretty close too if you took the Warriors out of the picture. Warriors were obviously on another level but the East wasn't that far off if you excluded the Warriors. West was better but not by much

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's well liked in NBA circles, but more people just need to say Alvin Gentry isn't a good head coach. The Pelicans are terrible. It doesn't matter what his roster is, his teams consistently underdeliver

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t care much about strength of schedule.

I think we can all agree the Lakers aren’t winning 73 games. But the defense has been extremely impressive. Better than I ever thought possible. They are also getting major contributions from some of the fringe guys we weren’t sure about coming in like KCP.

Lakers might not be better than the Clippers or Bucks, but they are definitely for real.
24-3 even with the softer portion of the schedule is still impressive. The Lakers are still everyone's target to beat no matter what - and the fact that they now have the 2nd best start in the franchise history tells us how difficult that is, but.....

No the Lakers are not going to be win 70 wins or more. I am just going to enjoy it while it lasts. Trials are going to come and trials and tests is good for the Lakers. I don't want them not getting tested - Getting tested builds character

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don’t wanna face the bucks?
It don't matter who the Lakers face - they will be facing the best in the Eastern Conference either way - but a Celtics vs Lakers would get the draw because of the past rivalry

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, that is a fair point.

But I doubt they would have done that.

The decision to extend IMO was a reaction that Gilbert knew would generate positive buzz for the fan base after LeBron left.

And it did that. So mission accomplished.

But you and Wiggy claimed the deal boosted his trade value when it went down. Time will tell for sure, but I believe I was right on this when it happened.

When/if Love is eventually dealt we will know for sure.
Actually, what I said is it could boost his value. Never said we knew it would. You, of course, went extreme and couldn't see both sides (as you ignore he could have just left).

Depends which team or teams wanted him and their cap situation and/or where they were as far as how ready to contend.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That just isn’t true.

For superstars, yes, they are more valuable on long term deals.

For good, not great players like Love it doesn’t work like that.

Most teams prefer financial flexibility over a long term commitment to a 31 year old injury prone good player. Hence, they reduced his value.

I keep saying there will be a market for Love. But it will be narrow and teams will be a little nervous about those last 2 years. So his trade value is less.
You keep saying a lot of things. None of it factual.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep bringing up the Tobias Harris deal.

Every year, good players with expiring deals are highly sought after at the deadline. Usually they aren’t as good as Love. There would have been a much greater market for him last year than there is now.

OK, but Love also could have walked after last season. Something you continue to ignore for some reason.